Week of 2/5 Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/5 Other Games

Reaction Score
That was indeed a brutal finish. KState did not want to win but somehow did. That prayer of a scoop layup saved them

caw

Reaction Score
Tang lost Nowell, Johnson, Tomlin, and Massoud from an E8 team, you're not gonna reload in one year at KState, portal or not.

They do really well in the portal, just mostly with non-fifth year guys. Their top five all started somewhere else and transferred in in the last two years. 6 and 7 are freshmen.

Reaction Score
They were a solid team last year (and probably a bit underseeded) but they lost their two best players and really didn't replace them.

KU is just a different beast at home, and they aren't. They really should have at least two more losses that Phog granted them.
This is correct. They lost Isiah Wong and Jordan Miller.

Reaction Score
Are Kansas losses good or bad for us?

They beat us. Does it hurt our NET or Kempom? Or does their loss help our chances of getting a high seed by eliminating a contender? I don't know who to root for anymore.

Reaction Score

They beat us. Does it hurt our NET or Kempom? Or does their loss help our chances of getting a high seed by eliminating a contender? I don't know who to root for anymore.
Over the years I have been conditioned to root for teams we've played out of conference. But this year UConn has been so good I don't think it matters for our seedline

Reaction Score
They were a solid team last year (and probably a bit underseeded) but they lost their two best players and really didn't replace them.
This is kind of my point -- Miami, by virtue of overachieving in the Tournament last year, was given undue benefit of the doubt that they would have no problem replacing that production. This often happens to teams that have unexpected runs.

In 2022 UNC almost (and should have) won the championship as an #8 seed. They were given credit for that 6 game run more than they were downgraded for a mediocre performance over 30+ previous games, and assumed that the 6-game run and not the larger body of work would carry over into the following year. Well, look what happened.

Frankly, we this year are the rare exception of a team that unexpectedly dominates, is ranked highly the following year mostly on reputation, and then actually outperforms that ranking.

Reaction Score

I go back and forth on this, but I think at this point Kansas losing is good.

If we had beaten them, I think there'd be more of an argument for wanting them to succeed to boost that quality win (sort of like for UNC). But "quality losses" don't matter quite as much for the subjective resume evaluation, and I think there's more at stake in a head-to-head comparison versus them than in boosting our computer numbers a few tenths of a point by having them win.

Them losing makes it much harder for them to overtake us for a #1 seed. This is the most important thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom