Week of 2/5 Other Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/5 Other Games

Reaction Score
Wow, I know both Louisville and Cuse are going nowhere but the refs just botched the end of this game something crazy and the announcing crew is completely oblivious.
  • Louisville comes down and ties the game on a 3 with like 6 secs left.
  • Louisville is caught napping after the make and Cuse busts it down court for a layup but Louisville recovers and gets a clean block
  • The refs call goaltend on the block but Cuse catches the blocked layup off the glass for a putback
  • The refs review the goaltend on the monitor but upheld the goaltend because they knew if they overturned it it wiped off the putback by Cuse, so Cuse wins

Reaction Score
I remain completely unimpressed by this Creighton team. Greg is a great coach, but man this roster construction is tough. They have 3 players, a shooter only stick in Miller, and two uninspiring PGs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I remain completely unimpressed by this Creighton team. Greg is a great coach, but man this roster construction is tough. They have 3 players, a shooter only stick in Miller, and two uninspiring PGs.
Been saying it since before the season started. I just don’t see it with that team. Nembhard and Kaluma were pretty big losses and I don’t see how they replaced those guys.

Reaction Score
Wow, I know both Louisville and Cuse are going nowhere but the refs just botched the end of this game something crazy and the announcing crew is completely oblivious.
  • Louisville comes down and ties the game on a 3 with like 6 secs left.
  • Louisville is caught napping after the make and Cuse busts it down court for a layup but Louisville recovers and gets a clean block
  • The refs call goaltend on the block but Cuse catches the blocked layup off the glass for a putback
  • The refs review the goaltend on the monitor but upheld the goaltend because they knew if they overturned it it wiped off the putback by Cuse, so Cuse wins
The sequence I was referring to if you didn't see the game. Louisville didn't get screwed because the ref shouldn't have blown the whistle and Cuse had the putback, but it's wild that the refs can uphold an incorrect call after replay because they screwed up.

Reaction Score
Lol. I love that Syracuse is still plucky after all of these years.
Looks like they brought the bigger pillow tonight.

DGua.gif

Reaction Score
The sequence I was referring to if you didn't see the game. Louisville didn't get screwed because the ref shouldn't have blown the whistle and Cuse had the putback, but it's wild that the refs can uphold an incorrect call after replay because they screwed up.

Did they think the ball started to go over the cylinder? Did the broadcast explain it?

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
i only watched the last 4 minutes of the Cuse game but we had an all time boneheaded play and then as bad a call you will see

Reaction Score
I guess Notre Dame is technically still a Division 1 basketball team but holy smokes are they terrible.

Reaction Score
Did they think the ball started to go over the cylinder? Did the broadcast explain it?
Refs knew they screwed up so instead of going by clear video evidence they decided to go by "spirit of the law"(my interpretation). Broadcast was useless and clueless, Seth Greenberg was on color commentary and he was confused why Cuse was attempting to score because he thought they were ahead and not tied.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Why is it this Creighton/PC game looks like actual basketball when our game vs PC looked like a WWE cage match?

Reaction Score
He fiegns injury every game. He's a drama queen.
Yeah you are right now that Think about it
I have seen him do that quite a bit in the Providence games I have seen this year

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Devin Carter with a ridiculous steal/save. I don't even know how he threw that pass that quickly (or recognized that quickly he was going out of bounds).

Reaction Score
So technically they should have reversed the call, dead ball, and it goes by the possession arrow? They should have let them decide it in OT so both fan bases would be forced to endure this mess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom