Week of 2/19 Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/19 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
^You beat me to it.

They play bigger than they actually are because of how physical they are(Houston)

And they are very athletic at the 4-5.

Reaction Score
Kansas is a “somewhat good team”. The game at Phog wasn’t particularly close.
Here was my comment. “I am curious as to how Houston plays against a somewhat good team”. Read my comment again. I wasn’t referring to Kansas as the somewhat good team I was referring to Iowa State playing Houston tonight.
If you look at the Kansas-Houston game at the Phog, Kansas won by 10. The Kansas-Iowa State game was a Kansas win by 4.
My point was how will Houston do against Iowa State (a somewhat good team) tonight.

Reaction Score
Houston and Iowa State are both big, athletic, and long. Playing hard as hell on defense. This is going to be a fun game.
Houston is literally one of the smallest teams in the country. They're 335th of 362 in average height

Reaction Score
These great "defenses" are nothing more than goon ball. There should be at least 30 fouls called only 12 called. These teams will suffer disappointment in the tournament.

Reaction Score
The fact that Iowa state has more fouls than Houston right now is comical. They have hacked Iowa state guys with no foul on probably 5-6 possessions.
One possession alone, I counted 5 hacks, both teams really, but I could not believe nothing was called. That is fair officiating, I guess, because there is no officiating. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment, but I’d love to see a UConn/Houston matchup. I think our size, ball movement, and shooting would really challenge their defense.

I think they’re one of those teams whose style of play will also lead to quite a few more whistles in the tourney.
They're good but It's just a matter of controlling your defensive glass against them which I think we would. They're athletic, physical and relentless but they're like half a foot shorter than us. They win games attacking the offensive glass and with their ball pressure...they get enough scoring with their 1-3 but those dudes are like 6-1. We're too skilled and too big for them. I feel the same way about Iowa State.

I also agree with your point about refs being different in the tournament, you have to play more than one way.

Reaction Score
One possession alone, I counted 5 hacks, both teams really, but I could not believe nothing was called. That is fair officiating, I guess, because there is no officiating. Ridiculous.
It's like watching Providence play Providence, and the home team Providence is getting most of the calls while the away team Providence is not getting their fair share of calls.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
On ESPN Seth said the officials are reinventing what a foul is as the game continues. That was a foul in minute 12 but not a foul in minute 6. Can’t really argue with his logic. On another note looks like they will have a piece on UConn at halftime of this game.

Reaction Score
These are both VERY limited offensive teams. I just think it’s going to be really tough if they run up against an elite offensive team that doesn’t allow them to turn the ball over and get easy transition buckets.

Reaction Score
Both B12 games in the 9:00 window are ugly displays of basketball

Reaction Score
Comment from the internet: "If they called all the Houston fouls on one single possession, the whole team would foul out." :)

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
On another note looks like they will have a piece on UConn at halftime of this game.
A breath of fresh air considering what we are seeing tonight from the mighty B12.

Reaction Score
That was one ugly ass half of basketball. Very aggressive D, but the refs are not calling a clean game. Houston has less fouls called on them, but the eye test says they should have more. One play sticks out to me when the Houston player landed on the Iowa players back and there was absolutely no call.

As already pointed out, I don't think the refs in the NCAA tournament would allow either team to play this type of defense without calling a bucket load of fouls on them. I don't mind a physical game, but obvious Houston fouls aren't being called while a few of Iowa's fouls seemed sketchy at best.

Last observation, has either team ever heard of a back cut? Iowa, needs to spread the floor, do some more inside out and be more patient. Oh, and hope the refs don't continue to hose them thus second half.

Reaction Score
That was one ugly ass half of basketball. Very aggressive D, but the refs are not calling a clean game. Houston has less fouls called on them, but the eye test says they should have more. One play sticks out to me when the Houston player landed on the Iowa players back and there was absolutely no call.

As already pointed out, I don't think the refs in the NCAA tournament would allow either team to play this type of defense without calling a bucket load of fouls on them. I don't mind a physical game, but obvious Houston fouls aren't being called while a few of Iowa's fouls seemed sketchy at best.

Last observation, has either team ever heard of a back cut? Iowa, needs to spread the floor, do some more inside out and be more patient. Oh, and hope the refs don't continue to hose them thus second half.
UCONN/Houston would be an epic rock fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom