Week of 2/19 Other Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/19 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So glad I tuned in for the last few minutes. Not sure I've ever seen a go-ahead four point play in the final 30 seconds like that.

Washington State was a 13.5-point dog, too.

Reaction Score
Between the conference relegation and Kyle Smith more than likely getting poached I'd imagine Wazzu players will be targeted for the portal. Jaylen Wells was very impressive last night and he's a former D2 guy.

Reaction Score
Huge win for Washington State, who should now be a lock after being on the bubble like 2 weeks ago.

Arizona losing also has a big impact. There are 3 P6 teams with only 3 losses and 9 Q1 wins -- us, Purdue, and Houston. There are only two P6 teams with fewer than 6 losses.

There is a huge gap between the top 3 and everyone else, to the point that it would take a stunning collapse for us to fall off the #1 seed line. Winning Saturday would effectively nix the possibility of such a collapse and all but lock up a #1 seed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need Houston to lose at Baylor and Purdue to lose at Michigan this weekend. The voters would have a choice to make at that point, does a 6-loss Tennessee team jump to #1?

Reaction Score
We need Houston to lose at Baylor and Purdue to lose at Michigan this weekend. The voters would have a choice to make at that point, does a 6-loss Tennessee team jump to #1?
Michigan ain’t winning one 4 minute segment against Purdue. We just need to win that’s it.

Reaction Score
This year might have the biggest home/road splits in the history of the sport and I have no idea why.
Basketball is 90% mental. The other half is physical. Maybe home crowds are all upping the hysteria game or something. It's so hard when the home team is on a run and the crowd is going nuts.

OK, so Washington State to the Big East!

Reaction Score
FFU and Quinnipiac would need to clean up their games in the tourney, but they don't lack for 3-point shooting capability.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Houston is fun to watch. They are eating up Baylor early. This team is good.
I think Scott Drew is a pretty good coach, but I'm definitely wondering how many times he's going to have his guys get pick-pocketed or stuffed under the rim before he suggests a different plan. Houston is beatable as they're not a particularly great offense, but that defense is for real.

Reaction Score
I think Scott Drew is a pretty good coach, but I'm definitely wondering how many times he's going to have his guys get pick-pocketed or stuffed under the rim before he suggests a different plan. Houston is beatable as they're not a particularly great offense, but that defense is for real.

Baylor looks completely flummoxed. The buckets they’re getting all seem to be off of broken plays.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Baylor storming back. Hope they can put the Cougars away. With UT leaving next year, these two should become natural rivals.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Refs have been doing all they can for Houston in this game.

Reaction Score
Oh my God, Baylor's version of Brimah bricks the FT that would have given them the lead, Shead comes down and hits a 3, but looks like it left his hand about 0.1 after time expired.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This should be a fun OT. Francis and Sharp both with 4 fouls for Houston, Baylor in decent shape on fouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom