Week of 2/12 Other games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/12 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People love Sheppard but man I really hate the way he plays defense, at least on that team. He freelances a lot on defense off ball, which is great for getting steals but a good passing team would tear what he does apart because the rest of the guys are so horrendous at covering for him when he leaves his man. They just have no defensive cohesion or discipline.

Ole Miss is horrendous and when they started off with some decent ball screens they were getting wide open threes. I mean there was no one within five feet of some of their shots, shots they missed. Then they tried to force feed their center, when their center has zero post game.
Yeah it was a really weird game plan. It’s not even like UK adjusted, ole miss just decided to go away from what had been working for them and what has worked for every other team this year.

MJ1

Reaction Score
And the ACC is doing the exact opposite. A few weeks ago they looked like a 3 bid league. A fortuitous two weeks later and suddenly 7 is not out of the question.
It will all shake itself out in the end, my Guess Big East 5 and ACC 5.

Reaction Score
It will all shake itself out in the end, my Guess Big East 5 and ACC 5.
I agree, and 5 for the Big East would be excellent. That's 45% of the league; I hope we can do that every year. We only have to split the credits 11 ways.

5 for the ACC is not as excellent; they would need 7 out of 15 to have a comparable result.

Reaction Score

I'm sure most guys will wait until after the season, but they do have 30 days to enter the transfer portal now. We have bigger priorities like a championship right now though. Haven't followed them at Ohio State but Taison Chatman, Roddy Gayle, Scotty Middleton are all guys we recruited there

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'm sure most guys will wait until after the season, but they do have 30 days to enter the transfer portal now. We have bigger priorities like a championship right now though. Haven't followed them at Ohio State but Taison Chatman, Roddy Gayle, Scotty Middleton are all guys we recruited there

Okpara wouldn’t be a bad shout to bring in to compete with Samson at center.

Reaction Score

Pretty short leash -- he won a Tournament game just two years ago. But below .500 last year and on track for around .500 this year was enough, apparently. Maybe, like with Ollie, they're seeing the writing on the wall.

I wonder if he'd be a candidate for the DePaul job.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he'd be a candidate for the DePaul job.
That was my initial thought as well. Ohio State and Butler before then so he has the regional connections. I just truly don’t know what kind of options they’ll have. Feels like they will have to settle for a retread.

Reaction Score
A few on their board have mentioned McDermott, most seem to want Dusty May
Might cause Indiana and Woodson to part ways this summer to get May for themselves. The dominos be falling.

Reaction Score
Perhaps a result of being in a conference not covered by the Worldwide Leader? Guys like Bilas and Greenberg give UConn and Purdue a lot of pub but many of them seem to pretend there isn’t anyone outside the Big 12, SEC, or ACC (which makes sense from a business but not a credibility standpoint). ESPN has lost a lot of juice compared to what it once was but it still drives a lot of the narrative.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous.

Slow news day? Out of ideas? Insecure maybe?
Pretty insecure. I’d rather the media not be completely glorifying us anyways, doesn’t really help anything. I’m sure Hurley feels the same way.

Reaction Score
Pretty insecure. I’d rather the media not be completely glorifying us anyways, doesn’t really help anything. I’m sure Hurley feels the same way.
i doubt that. He just said mcbb was the worst marketed sport I would bet he'd love attention brought to the team and league

Reaction Score
I am not going to bother listening to Aaron Torres' podcast, although I don't mind him one way or the other.

What I am about to mention is more anecdotal than data driven, but trust me UConn gets plenty of recognition as a elite marquee program nationwide. When I went to the Baseball Hall of Fame in September 2023 I wore my UConn Huskies shirt with the big logo. Outside of the HOF in front I ran into some Houston Astros fans and we spoke for about 30 minutes about the HOF and things to do. She and her brother then asked if I was a UConn fan and pointed out how UConn was dominant for the 2023 NCAAT and how good UConn is. There are more examples, I could share, but trust me when I tell you all-UConn Men's Basketball has been a well known brand for a while.

Reaction Score
Steph on Kolek?
Not sure, but maybe. It's more about that pick and roll defense and overall team defense than one on one defense. Force Kolek and Cam Jones to their right. They can finish right, but they are much more comfortable going left.

Reaction Score
Not sure, but maybe. It's more about that pick and roll defense and overall team defense than one on one defense. Force Kolek and Cam Jones to their right. They can finish right, but they are much more comfortable going left.
Takes a lot of focus to follow Kolek around, and Cam/Newton have a good few instances of losing their guy. I’d go Cam on Mitchell, Tristen on Kam Jones and Steph/Diarra on Kolek.

Reaction Score
Takes a lot of focus to follow Kolek around, and Cam/Newton have a good few instances of losing their guy. I’d go Cam on Mitchell, Tristen on Kam Jones and Steph/Diarra on Kolek.
I’m thinking that’s the most likely scenario to start. Castle on ball with DC in drop coverage is a brutally hard defensive combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom