Week of 12/18 Other Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week of 12/18 Other Games

Reaction Score
It was actually 35-19, so a bit of an exaggeration but the disparity was so egregious how could anyone just forget, it has nothing to do with dignity just common sense that something was off.

caw

Reaction Score

I honestly think it isn't just the foul disparity but a lot of your fellow fans decided it was a good time to come on over here after and in person to gloat. It was annoying at the time and that kind of sticks. Personally, I could care less about last year's game but you are damn right I don't want to see a repeat this year. You all can get your jolly's by beating on your fellow Catholic schools at the Dunk.

Reaction Score
If only there were somewhere online for UConn fans to go to complain about things like foul disparities, no matter how irrational…..

Appreciate the reminders on how good the good guys are this year and always love your takes on Providence but it’s a little rich telling fans on their own message board to stop complaining about anything

Reaction Score
Providence has won 40 out of last 43 games at home I believe?!

Reaction Score
And yet here you are. Celebrating with us here on the Yard, Friar. Not on Friar Talk, but here with the narcissists. The insufferable. The sniveling whiners. You're beginning to turn spoiled and arrogant

200.gif

Reaction Score
They lost by 20 to Citadel…..;that’s more than a poor season
Actually, it's 3% of a season, so can't be more.

Gosh, it's winter break and I still can't turn off my math teacher brain ;)

Reaction Score
Actually, it's 3% of a season, so can't be more.

Gosh, it's winter break and I still can't turn off my math teacher brain ;)
They also lost to Georgetown……that better??

Reaction Score
Providence got some AP votes this week. If they beat Butler this weekend, not unrealistic to expect them to be ranked next week!

Reaction Score
That being said, this is why people sound so silly when they struggle to find losses on the schedule. Road league games are tough.
We came a few inches from beating Bill Self’s Kansas team in Lawrence without Castle, with Spencer playing on a rolled ankle, and Karaban playing with a dislocated finger. Its not silly to think we can go to Providence and win.

Reaction Score
I seriously had to look up what game you were talking about. Figures it would be about your last coach.
Cincy is actually on their 2nd coach since the angry elf left

Reaction Score
tight lines Friar. The team looked good last night. My gripes are more with a certain fella in DC and his schtick than it is with PC

Reaction Score
Great win for PC. Congratulations to them and Kim English. Nothing like starting with an upset victory.

Reaction Score
The broadcast team did a bad job of finding and showing it on replay (but also the refs missed it live and had to check on monitor to confirm it).

Still doesn’t seem like a flagrant. Slight contact due to the screen that was set. Just a really inexcusable possession from the refs. Didn’t change the outcome but a bad look.

Reaction Score
Well, ,they did beat 'em, 72-57. And it was never close. And both the margin and the point totals were essentially the same as in the Friar's previous two wins over Brown and Sacred Heart. Let that sink in for a minute.

So how did they do it?

They didn't do it with an especially hot night from the 3-pt line (11 for 32, 34.4.%)
They sure didn't do it from the FT line (17 for 28).
They didn't do it with an especially tight handle (14 turnovers).
They didn't do it with a big rebounding advantage (38 to 35).
And they didn't do it with a big night from their star, Hopkins (11 vs 17 pt average).

Two numbers stand out: 17 assists on 22 field goals for the Friars; 7 assists on 18 FGs for Marquette. This resulted in overall 43.1% shooting for Providence, 32.1% for Marquette. It appears that Providence ran its offensive sets effectively and was able, defensively, to consistently break down Marquette's patterns. Chalk one up for Kim English over Shaka Smart. A kinder conclusion from Marquette's POV is that it was just one of those nights on the road where nothing whatever goes in the basket (They made 4 for 20 3-pointers). It's also true that the game was the usual foul fest you get at Providence (22 on Marquette, 18 on Providence) that destroys the rhythm of the game.

Another caution that strange things can happen on the road.

Reaction Score
We came a few inches from beating Bill Self’s Kansas team in Lawrence without Castle, with Spencer playing on a rolled ankle, and Karaban playing with a dislocated finger. Its not silly to think we can go to Providence and win.

I missed the part where I said anything about not being able to win at Providence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom