Week of 11/6 Other Games | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week of 11/6 Other Games

Reaction Score
Tommy Lloyd has pretty much sucked in the Tourney, but otherwise he's doing a fantastic job at Arizona.

It is incredible how this one guy seemingly has every Euro connect. It’s Gonzaga all over again. Random 7’2 freshman Euro is a stud outta the gate. The only problem is Love doing too much. He needs to realize or be made to realize that Boswell is the guy in the backcourt.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Love seeing the top half of the ACC struggle. We already know the bottom half is absolute garbage.
Pitt will be a tourney team this year. Hinson returning is a blessing for Capel. Carrington is good. Xfer Leggett from URI gives them experience at point while the two frosh get their legs. And the front court is huge. They're gonna be a problem for a lot of ACC squads.

Reaction Score
It is incredible how this one guy seemingly has every Euro connect. It’s Gonzaga all over again. Random 7’2 freshman Euro is a stud outta the gate. The only problem is Love doing too much. He needs to realize or be made to realize that Boswell is the guy in the backcourt.
I was thinking the same thing. I looked up Krivas and saw he was outside of the top 100. Kid was working. Was better than all of Duke's freshmen. Nice compliment to Ballo.

Reaction Score
Scheyer pretty much went with a 7 man rotation. Only two bench player got more than 10 minutes and Stewart had the next most at 4 minutes. Wow all that talent and their coach thinks they are 7 deep. They might have a long year. But that will only make the hype for the new class coming in greater. I mean they really did not look good tonight. If I were a Dook fan I would be worried. #2 my a**!
Duke is definitely #2

Reaction Score
Arizona has always been like that, especially during the Sean Miller days. I don’t know what it is about that school but they love the Eastern European players

Reaction Score
Duke is definitely #2
season 5 the original fry cook GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reaction Score
Arizona has always been like that, especially during the Sean Miller days. I don’t know what it is about that school but they love the Eastern European players
Sean Miller will have that at Xavier too. He brought in a Lithuanian, Serbian, and Slovenian this season.

Reaction Score

Miller didn’t really start recruiting Europeans until he was hamstrung with the recruiting limitations and once he had already tanked their rep. They were an absolute recruiting juggernaut for most of his tenure. Whereas Lloyd sent more in one class than Miller had in his tenure.

Reaction Score
Miller didn’t really start recruiting Europeans until he was hamstrung with the recruiting limitations and once he had already tanked their rep. They were an absolute recruiting juggernaut for most of his tenure. Whereas Lloyd sent more in one class than Miller had in his tenure.
I thought it started with Kaleb Tarczewski who was a five star, no?

Reaction Score
I don’t think so. Kaleb is no more Euro than say, Mitch McGary.
Yup, he's from New Hampshire. Played at St. Mark's in Karaban's hometown of Southborough, MA for 2 years. That team when he was a senior was loaded. Sent 5 guys to D1. They were fun to watch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah Markannen was the only Euro I can think of Miller brought in until the end of his tenure. Tubelis turned out great. Not so sure about other Euros he got.

Reaction Score
Indiana is MID. Now of course than suddenly be able to shoot the ball against us. But man do they okay ugly basketball

Reaction Score
They might have a long year. But that will only make the hype for the new class coming in greater. I mean they really did not look good tonight.
They didn't look great, but Arizona is good and it is an early season game and almost all of their top guys are freshmen and sophomores (Roach the exception). In the 2010s you could really make that work almost right from the start, but in the portal era a team like this takes longer to come together.

Also, voters over-reacted a bit to their end of season. Duke was not great and fell out of the Top 25 by mid-January. Then they won 9 straight heading into the NCAAs...but the ACC was trash, so the only tournament teams they beat during that run were Miami and Virginia in the ACCT. And then an injured Tennessee pounded them.

This Duke team is going to be very good, and a team ranked from 5-15 all year... maybe higher because of the ACC's weakness. They'll be dangerous in the NCAAs. But being ranked as high as they were overvalued their actual talent and prior performance.

Reaction Score
Kevin Willard's MD team stinking it up early, back to back losses to Davidson and UAB...they get Villanova next.

caw

Reaction Score
Diggins has had a nice start to the year for UMass through a game and a half. He and Springs are playing each other now, both playing well.

Reaction Score
Diggins has had a nice start to the year for UMass through a game and a half. He and Springs are playing each other now, both playing well.
Springs should be starting for Q

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Springs should be starting for Q

He really should. Not sure why he isn't.

Zona looks a bit lost after their big win against Duke. Southern is playing them strong 8 minutes in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom