Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Purdue and Tennessee are probably 1 and 2 of the teams I don’t want to see in March. They both do a lot well.

Reaction Score
Man that was the saddest game between top two teams of a conference I’ve ever seen

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, I had a parlay with:

Purdue -2.5
Purdue Over 74.5
Wisconsin Under 72.5

and I would not change a thing about the final minute. Chef's kiss

Reaction Score
considering they are bringing in two top 5 recruits next year, probably not.

one of the benefits of being in a power conference is you actually can land blue chip recruits even if your team sucks.

you are fortunate to see one top 30 recruit in the entire church league every season. something like only 4 top 30 players have opted to join that league in the last 5-6 years combined.
So what it is like to suck and not get top 30 recruits?
College Basketball Sport GIF by Cincinnati Bearcats

Reaction Score
Nope, Wisconsin just lost to Nebraska.

How is Wisconisn 6th in the country? All they did this season was beat Marquette at home and they have 5 losses.
I think people continue to believe B1G basketball is better than it is because it's a power conference. So the upper part of the conference is always ranked higher than their resume dictates. But this isn't football. We'll see in March.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Can
Purdue and Tennessee are probably 1 and 2 of the teams I don’t want to see in March. They both do a lot well.
If both UConn and Purdue get top seeds, then we won't run into Edey and team until FF. Tenn is a team that may wind up with a #2 so .....

Reaction Score
If Carolina wins the committee will care more than us beating them

If Puke wins they’ll treat it better than our win over UNC

Given we are competing with these two teams for a protected seed (respectively fairly and unfairly) I just hope a sinkhole opens up
We are firmly ahead of them on the S-Curve. We're like 3 losses (and one Q2 loss or worse) from worrying about UNC. We have the most Q1 wins (UNC doesn't even have a top of opportunities left), beat them head to head, and have no bad losses while being ahead of them in every meaningful metric.

No reason for paranoia. We can probably lose 3 more regular season games, non-Georgetown & DePaul, and still end up #1 in Boston.

Reaction Score
Nope, Wisconsin just lost to Nebraska.

How is Wisconisn 6th in the country? All they did this season was beat Marquette at home and they have 5 losses.
Someone has to be ranked. Seriously. Just like with Duke, people wonder how these teams are ranked so high but ignore the performances of the teams around them. Aren't a lot of teams that should be higher is all there is.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My concern in that matchup would be Clingan getting into foul trouble. Edey would eat Samson’s lunch in the paint. I think starting 5’s we have an edge.
When it comes tourney time, it's often about good or bad matchups vs opposing team. I think we're a bad matchup for Purdue. Our variety of styles of play is something they haven't seen. I'd be more concerned with Kansas, even though we came close to beating them in their house. All of our poor efficiency games are vs BE teams who muck us up. I do not think Purdue can muck us up.

Reaction Score
Someone has to be ranked. Seriously. Just like with Duke, people wonder how these teams are ranked so high but ignore the performances of the teams around them. Aren't a lot of teams that should be higher is all there is.
That's why I don't get why I've seen several posters post about us being a one or two seed. A two seed would be a serious failure at this point, there's hardly any really good teams.

Reaction Score
PC at Villanova on FS1 right now. Neither team can buy a basket. And it's not the defense. 11-6 Nova with 10:24 to go in the 1st half.

Reaction Score
PC at Villanova on FS1 right now. Neither team can buy a basket. And it's not the defense. 11-6 Nova with 10:24 to go in the 1st half.
I guess teams really do give us their best because this is a crime to the sport

Reaction Score
If Rutgirls miss the tournament, is Pikiell in the hot seat?
not only does he have the big recruiting class coming in but he also had a contract through 2030 at $4M per year and a $15M buyout. He's not going anywhere. Having watched more than my share of RU hoops this year, he is a horrific offensive coach. Like worst I've ever seen. The teams expected FG% is amongst the worst in CBB, they have no fundamental understanding of spacing or creation of shots for teammates and are not particularly talented. It almost appears that the players are taught that if they ahve the ball they should shoot it, especially if they are in the paint

Reaction Score
Yeah not exactly a showcase for Big East basketball so far.
My favorite though was Odurro throwing a big elbow
He had to actually do it a second time to get called for the foul on the same play

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
this is big east basketball folks! do you feel the energy?

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Reaction Score
True.

For a minute I thought I was watching Central Florida vs Cincinnati
It's like a Hornets fan trying to talk smack to Lakers fans.

This guy has the lamest/strangest flex on the internet.

Reaction Score
At the half: Villanova up on Providence............... 26 .............. to 16 .....................

Nova shooting 31% FG, 29% 3P. PC shooting 17% FG, 13% 3P

Jay Wright doesn't look happy in the stands

Reaction Score
At the half: Villanova up on Providence............... 26 .............. to 16 .....................

Nova shooting 31% FG, 29% 3P. PC shooting 17% FG, 13% 3P

Jay Wright doesn't look happy in the stands
He was looking at the guy talking to him with the face "when are you going to shut up?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom