Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I haven't really looked closely at their recruits, but doesn't Rutty have a top 5 class coming in next year?

Reaction Score
Yes, they have Ace Bailey and Dylan Harper coming in. They’re the #2 and #3 recruits in the country, and their class is #3 overall. They must have finally gotten some NIL money.

People are going to be so mad when those guys struggle on offense and it hurts their stocks, and then Pikiell is going to get so much heat.

Reaction Score
I’m rooting for Pikiell and Griffiths to succeed, but man does Rutgers need to do something about their offense. Of course, Griffiths shooting 27% from 3 isn’t helping. You just can’t go very far with such a defense-heavy team every year.

View attachment 96045
I've always really liked Pikiell as a person but I can't say he's a good coach. I get that Dylan Harper's brother went there and Griffiths has the local relationship but I find it incredibly weird these top recruits want to play for him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was looking at box scores this morning and just remembered that Gavin Griffiths exists. He's really struggling at Rutgers. That has to be frustrating for that fanbase given he's their highest ranked recruit in eons.

Kid seemed like the perfect fit our offense/program. He went to Rutgers supposedly because of his father's relationship with Pikiell, right?

Griffiths is fine for a frosh. He won't ever be a first round NBA draft pick or anything, but he should have a productive college career at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I’m rooting for Pikiell and Griffiths to succeed, but man does Rutgers need to do something about their offense. Of course, Griffiths shooting 27% from 3 isn’t helping. You just can’t go very far with such a defense-heavy team every year.

View attachment 96045
If Rutgirls miss the tournament, is Pikiell in the hot seat?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
If Rutgirls miss the tournament, is Pikiell in the hot seat?
considering they are bringing in two top 5 recruits next year, probably not.

one of the benefits of being in a power conference is you actually can land blue chip recruits even if your team sucks.

you are fortunate to see one top 30 recruit in the entire church league every season. something like only 4 top 30 players have opted to join that league in the last 5-6 years combined.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If somehow Wisky sweeps Purdue, it should lead to some very interesting chaos regarding top 2 seed lines.

Reaction Score
Anybody catch the end of Gonzaga/St. Mary's. It was one of the worst officiating jobs I've ever seen and they let the place turn into anarchy at the end.

-At one point the refs called a foul and after 3 or 4 minutes of reviewing replays could not tell who the foul was on. The told the crew doing the game they didn't know who the foul was on yet. They figured it out a few more minutes later.
-Multiple times in the last few minutes, the Gonzaga student section because tossing bottles, cups, trash and other crap onto the floor causing multiple delays, and never called a "T", which they should have done. The floor was wet and had to be cleaned before play resumed.
-Missed calls including a player with his foot down out of bounds throwing a pass to save a possession and leading to a 3 pointer being made and a few more questionable (to say the least) calls.

St. Mary's won, and they should have, but their coach had to be furious with the crew. I know refs don't want a "T" to decide a game, but when play has to stop multiple times and dangerous conditions are created by the home team's students section, you have to do it. It's about protecting the players.

Reaction Score
They just played Jellyfish Jam in Wisconsin and now I want them to play it at UConn games. Fits perfectly with U-C-O-NN

Reaction Score
Anybody catch the end of Gonzaga/St. Mary's. It was one of the worst officiating jobs I've ever seen and they let the place turn into anarchy at the end.

-At one point the refs called a foul and after 3 or 4 minutes of reviewing replays could not tell who the foul was on. The told the crew doing the game they didn't know who the foul was on yet. They figured it out a few more minutes later.
-Multiple times in the last few minutes, the Gonzaga student section because tossing bottles, cups, trash and other crap onto the floor causing multiple delays, and never called a "T", which they should have done. The floor was wet and had to be cleaned before play resumed.
-Missed calls including a player with his foot down out of bounds throwing a pass to save a possession and leading to a 3 pointer being made and a few more questionable (to say the least) calls.

St. Mary's won, and they should have, but their coach had to be furious with the crew. I know refs don't want a "T" to decide a game, but when play has to stop multiple times and dangerous conditions are created by the home team's students section, you have to do it. It's about protecting the players.
They also called a foul on the last play, then called it a shot clock violation, then went to the monitors for minutes and changed it back to a foul before the shot clock went off.

Reaction Score
For some reason, Wisconsin keeps trying to post up against Edey

And somehow, it's working. Close game

EDIT right after I sent this, Edey stuffed a dude trying to shoot over him lol

Reaction Score
Purdue may edge by good guys as #1 ranked team tomorrow if beat #6 Wisconsin on road today....probably razor thin vote margin. I think UConn should still be #1 but who knows with voters. Go Badgers!

MJ1

Reaction Score
considering they are bringing in two top 5 recruits next year, probably not.

one of the benefits of being in a power conference is you actually can land blue chip recruits even if your team sucks.

you are fortunate to see one top 30 recruit in the entire church league every season. something like only 4 top 30 players have opted to join that league in the last 5-6 years combined.
And yet 3 National titles in last 8 years excluding Covid year. Cincinnati- no national titles in last 50 years.

Reaction Score
For some reason, Wisconsin keeps trying to post up against Edey

And somehow, it's working. Close game

EDIT right after I sent this, Edey stuffed a dude trying to shoot over him lol
I really thought Wisconsin would run them out of the gym. They don't seem as fast as usual today

Reaction Score
This kid Smith for Purdue just gives me tons of Scottie Wilbekin vibes like if we meet them in the tournament he’ll wind up embarrassed

Reaction Score
Is AJ Storr way more athletic than he was last year? Or is everyone on the court in the B10 less so in comparison.

This is the third time I've watched Purdue this year, and every time I come to the same conclusion: we would slaughter them.
They seem beatable, but it's not really a coincidence that the 8 best teams they've played they've beaten, including 6 of the current top 12 KenPom teams (Arizona, Tennessee, Alabama, Illinois, Marquette, and now Wisconsin). Only 2 of those 8 at home (plus 1 in Indy).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01