Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And Syracuse falls to BC. First BC win over ‘cuse in 6 years

Reaction Score
Can Nova still work its way into the tournament? Part of me wants them to and part of me wants them to fail so Neptune gets canned
IMO, Neptune does not look comfortable in his current role. His body language on the sidelines doesn’t scream “confident head coach”.

Reaction Score
When you're #1, it's impossible to make fun of any team without punching down. But maybe we can be the bigger school and limit the punching down to only the schools that will sniff the postseason?
BC is a different program under Earl Grant, who previously helped revitalize Charleston.

They’re not NCAA tournament caliber, but it’s the Grant is the program’s best coach since Skinner.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Do they even talk UConn anymore? I'm guessing they're just drowning in their sorrows at this point

Although I suppose they're where we were with Hurley in year one.

Reaction Score
Dodged a bullet with him. He's not just disappointing, he’s downright awful. Meanwhile we landed the most efficient offensive player in college basketball.
As our staff is so good at talent evaluation, I wonder if we outfoxed Kansas in terms of getting involved with Timberlake to the point where Kansas had to spend more of their NIL bag on Timberlake so they had less to spend elsewhere; kind of like what the Red Sox do to make the Yankees spend more on free agents putting them up to/over the luxury tax threshold... kind of a conspiracy as it relates to Timberlake but fun to think about.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When you're #1, it's impossible to make fun of any team without punching down. But maybe we can be the bigger school and limit the punching down to only the schools that will sniff the postseason?
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Reaction Score
I still think Judah Mintz should have transferred and he would have been a pretty solid NBA draft prospect

Pretty streaky but averaging 18.5 a game as a sophomore, and nobody cares because he’s on Syracuse. He’s scored 25+ five times this season, but have you seen his name once?

Reaction Score

That was a funny read, I wish we played them once in a while. Itd be so nice to beat them by 30 and twist the knife a little bit.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned in another thread that the best part is not that Cuse is bad, but that they are an absolutely brutal watch. Ugly, ugly basketball

This is true. Dare I say they look to be far from being coached well. Not sure they found the answer.

Sucks to be them.:D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know if I want to live in a world where our basketball success means we can not enjoy schadenfreude about Syracuse. Those two things actually work perfectly well together.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You do have to feel a bit sorry for them.

There are few things as dreary and depressing as Syracuse in late January. When observing their basketball program, their location is now the bright spot.

I'd say February is worse up there than January.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Why?

When you’re number 1, and teams that talk smack are quite literally awful, you absolutely tell them about it.

Reaction Score
Game attendance was 6611, about 75% full which is bad for Cuse playing in Boston. Just a tough season overall for Cuse.

Reaction Score
Hey I’m happy for Cuse that they're having tough, meaningful games with their new peer programs such as BC FSU and Wake Forest. Maybe next year the ball bounces their way a little more and they’re not eliminated from the bubble in January.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I hope we have veto power on accepting future conference mates. When the ACC breaks up (it can’t happen quick enough for me) they can join the AAC. Easy logo change. Same with BCU.

We can set up a home and MSG game with them every four years for those fans that still pretend we have a rivalry with them.

The degree of interest this thread is generating relative to the Goodman thread demonstrates their current state of relevancy to UConn fans.

Reaction Score
I'm still not sold on Houston overall, but at the same time I feel they'd be the most dangerous for us, bad matchups and hard defense. Purdue might be better, but they actually don't scare me as much, I think we match up well with them with the edge.
Houston is actually light-years ahead of the field in KenPom, mostly on the strength of their defense. But they haven't played a particularly tough schedule so who knows -- maybe they're elite at stifling mediocre teams but could get exposed against better ones.

Their best wins are @Utah, vs. Dayton, vs. TTU, and @BYU, who are all kind of fringe top 25, 6-7 seed type teams (all of whom I have Final Four futures bets on, but that's another matter). They have yet to beat a legitimate contender. This Saturday at Kansas will be revealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom