Week of 1/15/24 Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/15/24 Other Games

Reaction Score
I said it last other games thread, but warrants another stamp: New Mexico is a fun team to root for. Jamal Mashburn's son, Eddie House's son, coached by little pitino. Add in a possible conference freshman of the year, JT Toppin, impact transfer (jr Joseph) from where - Iona. They are up by 13 early on Utah. Could be second straight top 25 win.

If you've never been to the Pit, it's an environment.
Didn't even mention Donovan Dent, who maaaay be their best player. (But probably not because Jaelen House is really good).

Reaction Score
Truly horrendous from Arkansas here.

Arkansas was up 10 with 3:43 left at home. Texas A&M had a shot to win it... in regulation. And only needed a 2 to win it.

And yes, I bet on their moneyline and I was going insane.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Truly horrendous from Arkansas here.

Arkansas was up 10 with 3:43 left at home. Texas A&M had a shot to win it... in regulation. And only needed a 2 to win it.

And yes, I bet on their moneyline and I was going insane.
LMAO. What an insane, stupid game. Look up the highlights.

Reaction Score
How is Seton Hall not in the top 25 yet? They're seriously good. Look what they did to us.
The problem is they didn’t hit this gear until BE play started. They really blew their opportunities in non-conference:
Loss - USC (Away, NET 87) 71-63
Loss - Iowa (Neutral, NET 48) 85-72
Loss - Baylor (Away, NET 12) 78-70
Loss - Rutgers (Home, NET 93) 70-63
Win - Missouri (Away, NET 119) 93-87

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
What do you think fellas? Seton Hall is turning out to be quite good and a pain in the ass. They want to force the opponent to play in the mud and dirt
That Holloway mic'd up pice on fox's bigeast report was interesting.... "We want the game played in mud"...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The problem is they didn’t hit this gear until BE play started. They really blew their opportunities in non-conference:
They play big East muck it up ball.

Reaction Score
I’m still dying on the hill that Seton Hall is not a good team, and for the most part they’re benefiting from playing ugly basketball in a conference that rewards ugly basketball

That said…it’s getting harder and harder to stay on that hill. They looked really good yesterday

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Obviously, losing to Rutgers is a bad loss, in any year. In history.

The most amazing stats for Seton Hall’s season is that Dawes and Davis are both shooting worse from 3 point range than last year, and Richmond is barely hitting the rim from 3 (17.9%), and they are still so much better this year.

Bediako and Wusu are both great pickups and Coleman is a solid frosh who also can’t shoot from 3.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I’m still dying on the hill that Seton Hall is not a good team, and for the most part they’re benefiting from playing ugly basketball in a conference that rewards ugly basketball

That said…it’s getting harder and harder to stay on that hill. They looked really good yesterday

I am also expecting a reversion to the mean by the Hall this season. Holloway is winning with mirrors.

Reaction Score
Anyone else watch the Samford at Western Carolina game on CBSSN?

Samford was leading almost the entire game, but still a lot of fun.

WCU did a nice job controlling the pace, as Samford's 75 points was their lowest total since their second game of the season, but senior big Achor Achor had a career game: 35 points (5-9 from 3), 10 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Samford is a blast to watch: pace, threes and an aggressive defense. They play 11 or 12 each game. #BuckyBall

First time watching WCU's Vonterius Woolbright this season. The 6'6 215 fifth-year returnee is second in the nation in usage rate and fifth in defensive rebounding: 20.7p, 12.4r, 5.3a. He's the type of guy who could become one of those March Madness stars, should WCU win the SoCon.

WCU crowd was electric too.

The SoCon isn't as strong as years' past, but Samford and WCU are two of the best teams in the conference, along with UNC Greensboro. The rematch is on Valentine's Day.

Reaction Score
Wait til you see how I lost Baylor +3.5 …
Oof yeah the OT 4-point play by Arthur Kaluma of all people. plus garbage FTs.

. Here's the highlights of the Arkansas game (start at 7:05 or so). The mix misses a few bonehead fouls and FT misses, but has the biggest things, like giving up a free layup when up 2, the 2 insane off balance Taylor 3s, and Mark's winner.

Reaction Score
The guy driving that you reference is clearly not Tristen Newton
Actually, no. I include Newton. Unlike most of you conspiracy theory idiots, I do not believe there is some kind of official's vendetta against UConn basketball and Dan Hurley. I believe the officials are just bad all around - for every team. For every opponent who drives out of control to the hoop and gets fouled there are basically equal as many times where nothing is called. Just like Newton - he does get to the line believe it or not. And I will guarantee if you hang out on every other Big East message board, they are saying the exact same thing about their stars who drive to the basket and get hit EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Just stop calling it unless the foul is so blatant, nobody would question it. Guys will stop doing it and teams will be forced to run an actual offense.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
so what you’re saying is they lost to 5 power conference schools and now are beating up on the mid-majors in league play?

Joey Votto Baseball GIF by Cincinnati Reds

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
so what you’re saying is they lost to 5 power conference schools and now are beating up on the mid-majors in league play?

Joey Votto Baseball GIF by Cincinnati Reds
No, that's what you are saying.
PS - Check your math.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No shame in that. New Mexico's a good team and the Pit is a tough place to play. And those unis they had on last night were fantastic.

They were also favored by 6 I think. No upset in reality.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
No shame in that. New Mexico's a good team and the Pit is a tough place to play. And those unis they had on last night were fantastic.
They also drubbed SDSU by 20 the game before that. New Mexico is headed to the top 25.

Reaction Score
4 seconds left and a tie game for Rutgers and Nebraska.

Rutgers travels on the inbounds.
Nebraska throws the inbound off the backboard.

High quality basketball. Onto OT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom