Week of 1/15/24 Other Games | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/15/24 Other Games

Reaction Score
Went to the Yale at Dartmouth game.
Dartmouth is terrible but I came away super impressed with the Yale squad. They’re always a well coached team but they absolutely hound on defense and push on rebounds.
Two players stood out to me on their squad that could be big time players at a higher level.
Danny Wolf, a big 7 footer (though probably really a few inches shorter) has serious game. Northfield Mount Hermon kid too. Can shoot from range, has outstanding handle for a kid his size, and could finish with both hands. Really wide base and hard to move off the block when he establishes position. Has two years of eligibility left and would be an awesome Clingan replacement.
Matt Knowling has decent game too as a slasher, kind of Tyrese type of guy. Would t start at a high D1 but a good defender who likes to attack off the dribble and finished mostly left handed.
Honestly would hate to see this team come March. Great size for an ivy and a solid outside shooting team that will be a really rough out.

Reaction Score
Yea I know Cal has his issues in the tourney but I wouldn't want to see them, their team makes alot more sense in regards to pieces that fit compared to years past

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
KY is very good. They were already but got better with this addition. I was making a point of not wanting them in our region bracket and then was advised not to worry about who is in our region it’s too early. Tennessee is good so is Auburn as I was reminded earlier today. But I will be watching KY. I think Cal may be figuring out how to get this group to play together. Wagner is getting better and Sheppard is one of the best shooters in the country and now add a 7’2” skilled big man to the mix they are not a team I want to play until we are down to four.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying the Big East needs to add anyone today but with Dayton you got no complaints. It's not like it would be taking a Flyer on a program. Dayton has a larger enrollment than Nova, Seton Hall, Creighton, Xavier, Butler and PC. And the BE would have the top 2 basketball programs in Ohio.

Take your like, damn it!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Welcome to the NIL/Portal era. A mediocre Pitt team beats Duke, and it doesn't feel like that big an upset.

Reaction Score
Dude is skilled(game clips are in the next slides), surprised he even came over to play in college

Wish we would start recruiting dudes from former Yugoslavia, all those guys are good.

Reaction Score
Duke just beat Pitt by like a million a couple weeks ago, too. They were up like 34 midway through 2nd half in that one.

Reaction Score
Wow that's a bad loss. But the stupid AP voters won't move them down much.
Duke dropped from 7 to 22 after losing twice in one week. Then it took them from the 12/4 poll to now (7 polls) to get back into the Top 10. In that time they've beaten teams like Baylor, who is (currently) in the Top 10. Seems like the voters have been more than fair with them.

Reaction Score
If we do face Kentucky in March double bigs is in play, playing Johnson and Clingan together isn’t the same as Clingan and Sanogo last year, Johnson isn’t a true big and he can defend the perimeter it’s all he would have to do.

Well see what happens a long ways away till March.

Reaction Score
This season has been really fun. Playing on the road is super hard and no ranked team is safe

#1 UConn only wins by 1 at Nova
#3 Kansas loses at WEST VIRGINIA
#7 Duke loses to Pitt
#9 Baylor loses at Texas
#12 Arizona was down 17 to UCLA before making a comeback
#17 Marquette only wins by 1 at SJU
#18 Creighton needs 3OT to win at Seton Hall

Reaction Score
I had to apologize profusely to my wife and teenage daughter for my colorful language when that world class doofus for Pitt fouled Duke on that desperation three up four with four seconds to go. If they hadn’t pulled that game out, that kid would have needed police protection from Capel and his teammates.

Reaction Score

So Cal now has four seven footers-including this college Jokic- along with the rest of his standard pool of ridiculous talent? Unfarkingbelievable. Even he can’t mess up coaching that.

Reaction Score
This season has been really fun. Playing on the road is super hard and no ranked team is safe

#1 UConn only wins by 1 at Nova
They really "won" by 4. The game wasn't as tight as the final score suggests. Yes Nova had a lead a couple times, but it felt like UConn always had control of the game, I was never very concerned.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They really "won" by 4. The game wasn't as tight as the final score suggests. Yes Nova had a lead a couple times, but it felt like UConn always had control of the game, I was never very concerned.
I see this as a good omen. We had one point wins under identical circumstances (prayer three at the buzzer when we were up four) in the 2004 national semifinal win against Duke and again in the 2011 national semifinal win against Kentucky. I believe it signifies an imminent national title on the horizon.

Reaction Score
Very true but if I said that then my post would look worse :)

Reaction Score
Big game for Quinnipiac today as the 13-4 Bobcats (5-1 in MAAC play), host the heating up Iona Gaels.

Richie Springs has had an on-and-off season at Quinnipiac, but he's fresh off his best game since the second week of the season.

Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 12.35.58 PM.png

Obviously, Wofford transfer Amarri Tice has been amazing, so it makes sense why Springs playing time has been inconsistent as QU's starting center Paul Otieno is one of the best defensive players in the MAAC.

Reactions: pj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom