Week 9 - Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 9 - Other Games

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I say this with all seriousness: Pitt can win the ACC. The 2nd half of that UVA game, Pitt looked like December UConn. Capel still hasnot recruited well, nor developed a star (Federiko is TBA), but he has put together a solid team of xfer upperclassmen thru the portal.

This is one of the funniest posts on the Boneyard in a while. Thank you.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is one of the funniest posts on the Boneyard in a while. Thank you.
You're welcome.

Now go watch that 2nd half and tell me what you saw. Here's some help:

When the Zoo returns from break, the Pete will rock like back in the Howland era.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You're welcome.

Now go watch that 2nd half and tell me what you saw. Here's some help:

When the Zoo returns from break, the Pete will rock like back in the Howland era.

I don't know if it is true, but I'm amazed to see them playing so well, when a few years back they looked like the most dysfunctional disaster in all of major college basketball. They didn't have any players.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know if it is true, but I'm amazed to see them playing so well, when a few years back they looked like the most dysfunctional disaster in all of major college basketball. They didn't have any players.
One way to look at them is as a really dangerous mid-major. Other than at 5, it's all seniors. Two portals from last year, two from this year (plus 6th man). It took a few weeks to gel, but they play really well together.

Reaction Score
Watching the G’town/ Nova game. The place is near empty other than the Nova section behind their bench. Oh how the mighty have fallen. So sad.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We get an energized hungry Nova team. GTown gets the unmotivated, sloppy Nova we saw earlier in the year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
There was a foul at the end, and at the same time the TT guard took about 6 steps before losing the ball. But the refs were mostly favorable to TT all night if you watched the whole game. Like UConn vs Xavier, KU shot 4 FTs all game.
Post/handle
No dis, just needed to be said.

Reaction Score
One way to look at them is as a really dangerous mid-major. Other than at 5, it's all seniors. Two portals from last year, two from this year (plus 6th man). It took a few weeks to gel, but they play really well together.
anything is possible in that conference. SU is sitting in 4th because it has W's against the murderers row of L-ville, bcu, and nd.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Post/handle
No dis, just needed to be said.
It’s a fair cop. On Reddit even the TT guys weren’t too upset, they all admitted the refs just let everything go all night.

Reaction Score
Ohio State was up double digits in the first half but Purdue ended on a decent run. Ohio St up 3 at half

Edey sure takes up a lot of space!

Reaction Score
Wow. Ohio State was up 3 with around 30 seconds left. Edey scored, Purdue got the steal on the inbound, and hit the game winning 3 because they doubled Edey and he found the open man

Reaction Score
Wow. Ohio State was up 3 with around 30 seconds left. Edey scored, Purdue got the steal on the inbound, and hit the game winning 3 because they doubled Edey and he found the open man
Boiler Up!

Reaction Score
Should be noted that Ohio State's best player (at least by the analytics) and guy guarding Edey, Zed Key, got hurt in the game.

Reaction Score
Should be noted that Ohio State's best player (at least by the analytics) and guy guarding Edey, Zed Key, got hurt in the game.
Yes- that definitely hurt Ohio State. If Key was in game - outcome likely different.
Purdue Freshman backcourt lights out in second half

Reaction Score
Coach Steve Pikiell

Rutgers isn't even receiving votes and is up to 14 Net, just beat Purdue and Maryland. Plays Iowa on Sunday. Where in the Top 25 will Rutgers land on Monday?
Rutgers is a late 20's team in my eyes and capable of beating anyone but knocking off Maryland is no great shakes, they're pretty horrible.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
12-1 FAU beats 12-2 UAB, to go 13-1.
jmoney leads both teams with 6 assists. grabs 4 boards, hits a 3, and only takes 3 shots, cuz that was all the shootin from him that he thought was needed to win the dang game.

where will 13-1 FAU be in the rankings next week?
they've been gettin votes for the first time since never.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom