Week 15 - Feb 12 to 18 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week 15 - Feb 12 to 18 (games, conf standings, NET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last night my Aggies of NC A&T pummeled the Hampton Pirates to remain tied for first in the CAA.

Today my Panthers of High Point outscored Radford 25-7 in the 3rd and cruised to victory to remain in first in the Big South.

Also today, My Spartans of UNC-Greensboro took the Bears of Mercer behind the woodshed and defurred (probably not a word) them 69-49 to move to 3rd place in the SoCon.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Villanova threatening to take a BAD loss against Butler.

Reaction Score
West Virginia knocked off Oklahoma. Is it time to start taking the 'Neers seriously? Currently 2nd in the Big 12, 1/2 game up on Texas and K State.
22-3 is nice but today was really their first good win of the year. Next best are Iowa St and Penn St. Not exactly a murderers row. And those were all H games.

Best road W is Kansas.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nebraska got behind by double digits early @ Purdue, but now up 13 late in Q4. Big game for Markowski 18 pts/21 reb.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Drake-Belmont battling for Missouri Valley supremacy and Cal Baptist-Grand Canyon doing the same in the WAC.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I guess there are no off nights in the Big East.
Actually, Villanova inexplicably tanking versus Butler is precisely evidence that teams have off nights in the Big East. ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Actually, Villanova inexplicably tanking versus Butler is precisely evidence that teams have off nights in the Big East. ;)
Kinda like Washington tanking against ASU.
And Nebraska tanking against Rutgers.
And Duke tanking against Clemson.
And Iowa State tanking against UCF.

Nights off for everyone!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kansas State played UCF today without Lee, who reportedly injured her other ankle (not the one that sidelined her for a month) in the previous game against Iowa State.

UCF closed the gap down the stretch and the game ended on a wild sequence. With both teams out of timeouts, UCF tied it up with 6 seconds left but then gave up a football pass on the other end for a game-winning layup.

No nights off in the Big 12!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gonzaga has had pretty much every night off in the WCC this year. Pacific played out of their mind...for a half. Led 46-45 at the half. I didn't think they could maintain that kind of pace. They couldn't. Zags cruised in the 2nd half, wasn't really as close as 91-78 final indicates.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Drake with another tough road win, very much in the drivers seat in the Missouri Valley now with a 13-1 record and 2 game lead over Belmont/Missouri St.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kinda like Washington tanking against ASU.
And Nebraska tanking against Rutgers.
And Duke tanking against Clemson.
And Iowa State tanking against UCF.

Nights off for everyone!

Hate to use this twice in one week, but

comeon.jpeg

. I just finished a good hardy dinner and was relaxing a bit... you could have stopped at Nebraska. Now i aint even in the mood for dessert.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Apparently there ARE nights off in the Ivy. Princeton waxed Yale 70-25. They might be smart, but the Yalies aren't good at basketball.

Reaction Score
Apparently there ARE nights off in the Ivy. Princeton waxed Yale 70-25. They might be smart, but the Yalies aren't good at basketball.

Tigers were probably a bit more focused after nearly gagging against Brown the night before.

Reaction Score
Drake with another tough road win, very much in the drivers seat in the Missouri Valley now with a 13-1 record and 2 game lead over Belmont/Missouri St.
Last year, Belmont was picked to win the MVC, but Drake won it. This year UNI was the pick to win it, and Drake is in the driver's seat. I see a pattern developing here.

I watched the game. I'd like to use the excuse that Belmont's starting point guard was out with an injury, but the truth is, Drake has beaten them twice. I saw both games. Drake is the better team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last year, Belmont was picked to win the MVC, but Drake won it. This year UNI was the pick to win it, and Drake is in the driver's seat. I see a pattern developing here.

I watched the game. I'd like to use the excuse that Belmont's starting point guard was out with an injury, but the truth is, Drake has beaten them twice. I saw both games. Drake is the better team.

drake8.jpg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Sunday, fun day. A bit damp, dreary and rainy here at mi casa, so a good day to put on some hoops. FSU nipping at Louisville's heels, so the latter will need a win over VA Tech to stay in the top 4. USC needing a win over Oregon St to fend off a challenge from UCLA if they win. Miss St/Ole Miss will be a battle for spot #4. Snuck in the WBB basketball version of the Iron Bowl (War Eagle!), because why not.

UConn, LSU, Notre Dame, and Duke all play tomorrow, so conference standings will be updated before then.

1708262590766.jpeg

Reaction Score
Sunday, fun day. A bit damp, dreary and rainy here at mi casa, so a good day to put on some hoops. FSU nipping at Louisville's heels, so the latter will need a win over VA Tech to stay in the top 4. USC needing a win over Oregon St to fend off a challenge from UCLA if they win. Miss St/Ole Miss will be a battle for spot #4. Snuck in the WBB basketball version of the Iron Bowl (War Eagle!), because why not.

UConn, LSU, Notre Dame, and Duke all play tomorrow, so conference standings will be updated before then.

View attachment 96598
War Eagle WHY? Auburn’s point guard IS worth watching no matter who they are playing

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

View attachment 96598
If Louisville somehow beats Virginia Tech, there will be 4 teams in the ACC with 3 losses, heading into the final two weeks of the regular season.

Reaction Score

View attachment 96598
The cardinals hosting the Hokies is obviously the big one today in the ACC but a couple low key interesting games with FSU visiting Miami and UVa hosting Cuse.

FSU has been inconsistent and was trailing by 1 heading into the 4th when these two met up in Tallahassee a couple weeks ago. Miami could use another quality win to bolster their resume, FSU needs a win to keep pace for a top 4 seed in the conference tournament.

UVa and Cuse is interesting simply because UVa has at least proven to be a semi tough road game for teams. UNC-CH lost there, UVa led State by 1 at half there, only trailed ND by 3 heading into the 4th and lost to Duke by just 4. They also have gone on the road to beat FSU. Cuse has been a pleasant surprise this year and probably has not received enough credit for what they’ve accomplished. The Cuse should win but it’s at least worth scoreboard watching imo.

The Cuse has @Uva, Duke, Pitt and @NCSU to close the season. They have a very very real chance to win the conference. They have the most favorable remaining schedule of any team at the top.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Georgia Tech has come out sizzling hot in its game with NC State, hitting its first seven shots and finishing the first quarter 10 of 13 from the field. NC State shooting well, too, though. 22-20 game after 1Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom