Week 15 - Feb 12 to 18 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 15 - Feb 12 to 18 (games, conf standings, NET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Look out, Seattle U. about to be on a 2 game winning streak. Will improve them to 3-20 on the year. :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Amoore went 4-21.... 4 for 21
And yet she still hit the dagger 3 ...

I tell ya, for someone who gets touted as the ACC's version of Caitlin Clark, she sure lays a lot of terrible shooting nights. (I say this with the full knowledge that if UConn plays VT in the tournament she'll probably score 40 points and hit 10 threes against us.)

Reaction Score
And yet she still hit the dagger 3 ...

I tell ya, for someone who gets touted as the ACC's version of Caitlin Clark, she sure lays a lot of terrible shooting nights. (I say this with the full knowledge that if UConn plays VT in the tournament she'll probably score 40 points and hit 10 threes against us.)
Amoore absolutely has bad shooting nights. She takes a lot of shots, maybe too many. She’s a career 39% FG shooter, this year is actually her best from the field at 41.7% while taking nearly 16 attempts a game.

While her efficiency numbers won’t blow anyone away - she is a gamer. What you pointed out sums her up well, off shooting night yet puts the dagger in you. She’s really good and can get hot - certainly has the ability to get to any spot on the court and get her shot and sets up teammates well.

VTs weakness is relying so heavily on 2 players. But I will say they have 2 great ones to lean on.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Good morning y'all ! In the ACC, Syracuse solidifies its #2 spot, and NCSU at #3, however ND is now at #6. The Louisville/BC score was huge surprise, with our northern neighbors falling just short. Tenn had a chance vs SC (good call @Blakeon18 !) however just couldn’t keep up the pace. I’m betting Dawn will get a lot out of the game film. Vandy’s win puts them in the upper half of the middle bracket for the SEC tourney. Still work to be done though.

As of today, we only have 3 top 25 losses, however there will be at least 5 more, and possibly more with unexpected upsets.

Looking forward to tonight, the Pac12 is a veritable mosh pit of the top 6 teams, all still in play for the top 4 spots.
1708087713006.jpeg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Amoore absolutely has bad shooting nights. She takes a lot of shots, maybe too many. She’s a career 39% FG shooter, this year is actually her best from the field at 41.7% while taking nearly 16 attempts a game.

While her efficiency numbers won’t blow anyone away - she is a gamer. What you pointed out sums her up well, off shooting night yet puts the dagger in you. She’s really good and can get hot - certainly has the ability to get to any spot on the court and get her shot and sets up teammates well.

VTs weakness is relying so heavily on 2 players. But I will say they have 2 great ones to lean on.

Tech is softer than a box of Kleenex from Food Lion.

Reaction Score
Good morning y'all ! In the ACC, Syracuse solidifies its #2 spot, and NCSU at #3, however ND is now at #6. The Louisville/BC score was huge surprise, with our northern neighbors falling just short. Tenn had a chance vs SC (good call @Blakeon18 !) however just couldn’t keep up the pace. I’m betting Dawn will get a lot out of the game film. Vandy’s win puts them in the upper half of the middle bracket for the SEC tourney. Still work to be done though.

As of today, we only have 3 top 25 losses, however there will be at least 5 more, and possibly more with unexpected upsets.

Looking forward to tonight, the Pac12 is a veritable mosh pit of the top 6 teams, all still in play for the top 4 spots.
View attachment 96499
I hope the team is not feeling as blase'. about the rest of the SEC season as I am. I was a little jacked up about last night's game AT Tennessee but will not feel much about them coming to our place in a couple of weeks. Just feels like killin' time til the SEC tournament and a chance at facing LSU again. Even getting that "a loss might be good for us even in the SEC tournament" attitude.

The only thing really fun is watching the growth in Ashlyn Watkins' game. If her skill's ever catch up with her physical ability, watch out! Her mid-range game has improved drastically. She passed up a prime dunk opportunity on a steal last night for the sure layup in a close game. Mental growth is happening too!

Thank You PAC for the Friday Night fights - even if half the country cant watch them

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope the team is not feeling as blase'. about the rest of the SEC season as I am. I was a little jacked up about last night's game AT Tennessee but will not feel much about them coming to our place in a couple of weeks. Just feels like killin' time til the SEC tournament and a chance at facing LSU again. Even getting that "a loss might be good for us even in the SEC tournament" attitude.

The only thing really fun is watching the growth in Ashlyn Watkins' game. If her skill's ever catch up with her physical ability, watch out! Her mid-range game has improved drastically. She passed up a prime dunk opportunity on a steal last night for the sure layup in a close game. Mental growth is happening too!

Thank You PAC for the Friday Night fights - even if half the country cant watch them
As someone who has closely followed NC State in football, men’s basketball, baseball and now more recently in women’s basketball … I have never once known this feeling. Being bored by winning. Winning so much you almost hope to lose to feel alive. To dare so much as to want a loss for the good of the team.

You almost describe apathy - which at times I have felt as a NC State fan - but not because I was bored of winning but rather because I came to realize winning wasnt an option.

I envy your indifference. But I’ll also suggest enjoying every 40 point beat down you put on the Kentuckys of the world. I’ve spent 40 years of my life losing - don’t take the winning for granted!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As someone who has closely followed NC State in football, men’s basketball, baseball and now more recently in women’s basketball … I have never once known this feeling. Being bored by winning. Winning so much you almost hope to lose to feel alive. To dare so much as to want a loss for the good of the team.

You almost describe apathy - which at times I have felt as a NC State fan - but not because I was bored of winning but rather because I came to realize winning wasnt an option.

I envy your indifference. But I’ll also suggest enjoying every 40 point beat down you put on the Kentuckys of the world. I’ve spent 40 years of my life losing - don’t take the winning for granted!

It's a hard life for State fans. Like Phillip Rivers once said. "Wolfpack ain't for soft people"

Reaction Score

An underrated aspect of Genos coaching. For all the naysayers who like to complain that the BgE wasn’t tough enough or that there’s no competition in WCBB, the fact is that winning every single game is hard. The degree of focus required to never let up, to never slip, never get bored is impressive.
TWO 90 game winning streaks

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What is the opposite of H-O-R-S-E? Washington and Arizona St. have shot a combined 1-20 from 3 in the first half. 25-15 score. 33% and 18% shooting from the floor. Must be ugly. Time for my weekly request for a new coach.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What is the opposite of H-O-R-S-E? Washington and Arizona St. have shot a combined 1-20 from 3 in the first half. 25-15 score. 33% and 18% shooting from the floor. Must be ugly. Time for my weekly request for a new coach.
The approved narrative is "no nights off"; clearly you need more training to be a true fan.

Reaction Score

H-O?

(60% fewer shots to make)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Might be time to stick a fork in Wazzu. They've been hanging tough since Leger-Walker was lost to an injury, coming up just short in several games. Tonight they are getting blown out by the struggling Arizona Wildcats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom