Week 14 - Feb 5 to 11 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 14 - Feb 5 to 11

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Michigan vs. Nebraska today, big game for both. Each need all the wins they can get, clinging to NCAA Tourney hopes.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
#21 Creighton has a cake walk over Xavier, 77-46.

Reaction Score
Michigan drops one at home against fellow middle of the road Nebraska. That's gotta be a costly loss.
Most likely if the season were to wrap up now. However, there are several teams with similar conference records. The losses are a confusing mix of hilarity to me:

Nebraska beats Michigan State.
Michigan State beats Michigan
Michigan beats Penn State
Michigan State beats Penn State
Minnesota beats Michigan and Michigan State
Michigan State beats Minnesota
Rutgers beats Nebraska

It's a little early in February to definitively say whether this loss will hurt them. They all have games against ranked teams coming up which will help make the picture clearer.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Most likely if the season were to wrap up now. However, there are several teams with similar conference records. The losses are a confusing mix of hilarity to me:

Rutgers beats Nebraska

It's a little early in February to definitively say whether this loss will hurt them. They all have games against ranked teams coming up which will help make the picture clearer.
It doesn't help. Of course a lot can happen over the next several weeks so they have chances to improve their resume. But any loss for a bubble team isn't good for them.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Rutgers beats Nebraska

I see the Big Ten as very jumbled in positions 4 through 9, so none of those results is very surprising to me except the Rutgers win over Nebraska.

Reaction Score
It doesn't help. Of course a lot can happen over the next several weeks so they have chances to improve their resume. But any loss for a bubble team isn't good for them.
Fair enough, however with how things are going in the BIG10 this year, nothing is surprising except for the Nebraska loss to Rutgers, as per @Plebe . Not to mention, Michigan has a win versus Ohio State which most of the teams in the jumble can't claim.

Reaction Score
Baylor down to BYU 35-21 at half. Cougars are 2-8 in conf.

Don't know what happened in Waco, but this team has been on the express elevator down.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ball State suffers their first conference loss of the season at NIU 76-71 in OT. The Cardinals have 3 losses this season.... one to The Fighting Irish, two to Huskies.

Richmond continues to roll in the A-10 with a 68-49 victory. The Spiders are 20-4 this season.

Marquette 20 Georgetown 14...at the HALF!

:rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Marquette 20 Georgetown 14...at the HALF!
Marquette recovered from a tragically bad first quarter to win comfortably, but as UConn has seen, Georgetown's ability to force teams into ugly games is not to be underestimated. There's a reason the Hoyas are 2-0 against the power 5 this season :D

No nights off in the Big East! :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
If Baylor's next four weeks go like their last four weeks, they could miss the NCAA Tournament. They've lost 5 of their last 8 games.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ball State suffers their first conference loss of the season at NIU 76-71 in OT.
Toledo has been nipping at their heels and is now tied for the MAC lead.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Good morning y'all. Did not expect to see the Baylor loss. After a small slate of top 25 teams playing this week to date, we have ten games on tap for tonight, 5 tomorrow, 8 Saturday, and 15 Sunday. Now that Spectrum has solved our issue with an interesting group of channels (ACCN, BTN, IFC, PAC12, etc), I'll be burning up the buttons on the remote.

1707395564157.png

Reaction Score
Baylor down to BYU 35-21 at half. Cougars are 2-8 in conf.

Don't know what happened in Waco, but this team has been on the express elevator down.
Final score was 78-66. Looking at the box score, their poor start to the first half is what did them in. However, the second half wasn't that much better. If it had been a more competitive game from the start they would have barely squeaked by. Wow.

Reaction Score
Final score was 78-66. Looking at the box score, their poor start to the first half is what did them in. However, the second half wasn't that much better. If it had been a more competitive game from the start they would have barely squeaked by. Wow.
The big 12 is gonna be bizarre next year.
Tex Okl gone. Bay as a program is not looking impressive. Pili gone and presumably Ayoka as well. Dunno what Col has coming back but conference seeming very weak.

Reaction Score
The big 12 is gonna be bizarre next year.
Tex Okl gone. Bay as a program is not looking impressive. Pili gone and presumably Ayoka as well. Dunno what Col has coming back but conference seeming very weak.
I think all the conferences will be bizarre next year.

Will a fully healthy Texas shake up the SCar/LSU hegemony in the SEC? Send the Vols to a third tier?
Will Stanford impose its will on the ACC or merely blend in after the loss of Brinkley?
Will Juju become the new driving force (replacing Clark) of the Big Ten's awesome growth in tv viewership?

Reaction Score
I think all the conferences will be bizarre next year.

Will a fully healthy Texas shake up the SCar/LSU hegemony in the SEC? Send the Vols to a third tier?
Will Stanford impose its will on the ACC or merely blend in after the loss of Brinkley?
Will Juju become the new driving force (replacing Clark) of the Big Ten's awesome growth in tv viewership?
Yes there will be some tumult, but the other 3 conferences strength will be the same or enhanced with the changes.

But the Big12 will be lost. Will it have any top 15 teams? Will we be down to a Big3 in terms of conferences?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dunno what Col has coming back
Vonleh and Wetta decent nucleus. I think Formann and Sadler could come back for their covid year. But will definitely miss Sherrod and Miller, have a few other grad students on the roster this year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The VPI at NCSU game should be a good match up seeing how Liz Kitley scored the winning shot with less than a second left in the game at Blacksburg on January 7th.
NCSU entered that game undefeated, so will payback be a ...?
Or will Liz and Georgia carry the Hokies to the season sweep?

Reaction Score
T
The VPI at NCSU game should be a good match up seeing how Liz Kitley scored the winning shot with less than a second left in the game at Blacksburg on January 7th.
NCSU entered that game undefeated, so will payback be a ...?
Or will Liz and Georgia carry the Hokies to the season sweep?
The pack was without starting C River Baldwin and led nearly the entire game. VT took a lead with 3 minutes to play - additionally State led by as many as 13 whereas VT never led by more than 1.

River is back (though she clearly isn’t 100%). Will be interesting to see how she can help slow Kitley or not. She’s really the only true size the Pack has on the team.

That first match up Amoore was ice cold for the first 2.5 quarters and then really got it going down the stretch. Kitley was a steady force with 26 and 12. James only played 19 minutes as she was in early foul trouble for the Pack. That’s been a bit of an issue for her at times this year - she picked up 2 quick ones against UConn and UNC as well and had to sit for long periods of time.

I’ll be curious to see how Baldwin can match up with Kitley and who Wes puts on Amoore. Obviously a lot of ramifications in this one - conference lead is on the line. A win would cap a big 3 game home stand for State against all ranked opponents. A loss would really put State behind the 8 ball for the regular season conference championship.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Huge game tonight in Durham at 7pm. Throw out the Scriptures when the Baptists (Wake Forest) and the Methodists (Duke) meet on Tobacco Road. I've said it for years that this game should only be played at 2pm on a Sunday after Church. Pot Luck Dinner in the hallways instead of concession stands. Wake Forest is 0-10 and have only won once in Durham since I've gotten a drivers license. If we lose tonight, we should just go ahead and cancel the rest of the season.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
As @FanInNC mentioned, Amoore was cold for most of the game in Blacksburg but she got going in the latter stages of the game. State will need another solid performance on D again tonight. Baldwin is back for this one to help counter Kitley somewhat...but she doesn't get as much lift as she did prior to the injury and is slowly gaining mobility but isn't 100% yet. Having her in the post, though, will be a big psychological lift for NC State.

I think the key will be Azaiah James. Which one shows up tonight? She's one streaky shooter. If she's on, I really like NC State's chances. If her shots aren't falling and she continues to shoot and force it, State's chances aren't as great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom