We win this game if we have any sort of an offensive system | The Boneyard

We win this game if we have any sort of an offensive system

Reaction Score
Gaffney played fantastic, if he can consistently give us even half that we are a new team. But the problems that have been here for what seems like forever persist. It’s the guard dribbling the ball for 25 seconds at the top of the key, getting random high screens that go nowhere and fool no one, then a rush to get a shot up. It’s been beat to death but how there’s been no or nearly no adjustment boggles my mind.

Reaction Score
It’s the guard dribbling the ball for 25 seconds at the top of the key, getting random high screens that go nowhere and fool no one, then a rush to get a shot up.
do they run this in practice? what do they want to accomplish? baffling.

Reaction Score
The offense more than held up its end of the bargain, especially late. But for the love of Pete, the defense the last 10 minutes was awful. They must have scored four of every five possessions. I'm not sure if it was by Hurley's instruction, but the last 10 minutes we were doubling and/or gambling every possession and they were absolutely shredding it. Open looks and easy layups and leaving us in poor rebounding position. Some straight up tough D would have been a much better choice. The gambling produced maybe one turnover but yielded basket after basket. If Hurley would have had them just play solid man the last five minutes things might have been different.

Reaction Score
Gaffney showed something today that Cole and Adam’s hasn’t. The ability to drive to the hoop and score or dish. I feel when Cole is running point the ball is moving laterally, instead of to the hoop.

Reaction Score
I was shocked we didn’t target the 7’2 big with ball screens and draw him out to the top of the key. Ultimately he wasn’t a big factor in the game but for the love of god you need to put someone like that in uncomfortable situations and make him move around more

Reaction Score
The defense was pretty damn bad but SH is a pretty good offensive team. And our offense isn’t bad but we can’t expect to beat good teams by having little to no offensive gameplan. The point screens we run literally do nothing half the time.

Reaction Score
We scored above our season average, and that was with a brutal first half. The defense was non existent and why we lost

Reaction Score
They just scored over 70 points without their all American lottery pick who is one of the best scorers in the country. It wasn’t the offense today.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gaffney played fantastic, if he can consistently give us even half that we are a new team. But the problems that have been here for what seems like forever persist. It’s the guard dribbling the ball for 25 seconds at the top of the key, getting random high screens that go nowhere and fool no one, then a rush to get a shot up. It’s been beat to death but how there’s been no or nearly no adjustment boggles my mind.
Gaffney played very well but seems to take too long to get the offense going. Not sure if he's hesitant or nervous. Cole is very slow in transition. If Bouk comes back, Gaffney and Bouk would be nice together. Quick hook for Gaff

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Until we get to Nova’s level we either have good recruits or a tighter system. We’re landing these high end 4 stars by offering them more freedom than other teams who have had more recent success.

Reaction Score
We lost because we let the best free throw shooting team in the country shoot 31 of them and we gave up 50% from 3. Oh, and because we are not allowed to play or practice for more than a week in a row.

Reaction Score
We win if the last of Ollie's players realize they are seniors, need to go out with a bang and tired of loosing games.

Reaction Score
Problem isn’t the offense or scheme. They get nice looks. The problem is they have to execute the offense very well to get open looks. Why? Because they lack the ability to break down people off the dribble. They are over reliant on screens and decision making because they lack 1-on-1 skills. And, they miss a lot of wide open shots .

Reaction Score
You don't win too many games in college giving up 80 points. SH made a lot of really tough shots. A couple were pretty lucky. There were a couple points in the game when the Huskies could not stop SH from scoring like 10 consecutive trips (or close to it). That won't win many games.

Offense was not the biggest issue today.

Reaction Score
I don't get it either but the Globetrotters run this offense and they seem to score at will.

Reaction Score
Listen, I’m not even mad about the loss today - once bouk comes back Wednesday we’re not gonna lose any more games we’re not supposed to the rest of the way- Jackson is going to get more run, Gaffney looks like he might be really turning the corner , sanogo is just gonna be special. this teams gonna be extremely dangerous in a couple weeks - can’t wait to play these seton hall cats again - they were hitting so many ridiculously lucky shots - guaranteed when we play them again with Bouk back we beat them by 8 or more. Can’t wait to bet on them next time we play Hall- gonna be a whole different story

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom