We were on the road for 17 days | The Boneyard

We were on the road for 17 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Playing without our starting c the last 2.our team lost its ability to win a chip with the wolf situation. We still have a very good team that has some limitations. We've beaten some good teams and yesterday was our first true l IMHO. Lets get Nolan back, sleep in our own beds, have a good practice and get refocused. I like our front court long term with hard work. This year we have to accept work in progress and work with it. That is ok. I think that if we can get back to starting games out strong-Napier and Daniels getting going early-well be fine. Looking forward to next game

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL - yeah they were on the 'road' 17 days... More like 6. Unless driving to Bridgeport from Storrs means they were on the road an entire week?

Reaction Score
We need to stop making excuses for this team, and it is not ok. If you accept mediocrity then you will continue to be mediocre.

Did you say that when Calhoun was coach?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Oddly, a lot of people did. Amazing how many times JC "lost it" in his final years. They went to an FF in 2009 and won a NC in 2011. After much whinging in between. Didn't seem to shut people up for more than 6 months.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I just don't understand why UConn should have accepted this type of schedule to start the league - do you think Kentucky or Duke would have agreed to start the season with two road games this far from home during holiday season with players traveling home etc.?
The AD sees the preliminary schedule and so does coach - I know the Squid and Coach K would have tried to make changes.
Maybe it was a choice of playing league games away while students on break? But didn't seem to do Houston wrong
I am not making excuses just bringing up a thought
I haven't looked at all teams schedules but do Lville, Memphis or Cinci play the two Texas teams back to back away?

Reaction Score
I just don't understand why UConn should have accepted this type of schedule to start the league - do you think Kentucky or Duke would have agreed to start the season with two road games this far from home during holiday season with players traveling home etc.?
The AD sees the preliminary schedule and so does coach - I know the Squid and Coach K would have tried to make changes.
Maybe it was a choice of playing league games away while students on break? But didn't seem to do Houston wrong
I am not making excuses just bringing up a thought
I haven't looked at all teams schedules but do Lville, Memphis or Cinci play the two Texas teams back to back away?
This is a fail. the players stayed in Texas between games, this how round robin leagues work, look at the PAC 12, Lville has a Houston to Philly stretch. Oh all excuses this is the worst I have heard, "wah were UConn we deserve to play every game at home, wah"

if anything we caught a break that this was set up over break and we didnt have to fly back to storrs in between.

We lost yesterday because SMU was the better team, we were underdogs, it has nothing to do with the schedule.

Reaction Score

I'm talking about now obviously, and I was responding to the OP comments about how its ok, if you tell yourself its ok then you won't get better.

Reaction Score
We need to stop making excuses for this team, and it is not ok. If you accept mediocrity then you will continue to be mediocre.
Reality is we lost a lot of players and needed to rebuild. We had a great season last year and started off well this year. But at some point losing guys like wolf and Smith was going to catch up to us. We will be ok and I'm looking at our longer term prospects. I think boatright and Daniels come back, our frontcourt gets physically stronger and we reboot. That being said I think we can beat any team right now on any given day. We had a slump period we can easily get out of and we have every opportunity to be successful this year. This program went through a very rough period. It was going to take some time to rebuild

Reaction Score
When you have a top 5 player in the nation, you are not having a rebuilding year.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about now obviously, and I was responding to the OP comments about how its ok, if you tell yourself its ok then you won't get better.

We've seen this team perform at a higher level last year. They are in a funk right now. Calhoun went through similar downs throughout his career. I'm not alarmed.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
When you have a top 5 player in the nation, you are not having a rebuilding year.

How is Bazz a top 5 player in the nation?

Reaction Score
How is Bazz a top 5 player in the nation?

How? Or do you mean, Is? Obviously many national commenters think so.

I do too.

The kid made a lot of great passes yesterday.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How? Or do you mean, Is? Obviously many national commenters think so.

I do too.

The kid made a lot of great passes yesterday.

Perhaps. I'm not knocking the kid. His assists would be through the roof, if we had bigs who could shoot and pass (it would help to catch the ball as well).

I think what's happening around him is making him look less than he is, in my eyes. "Who" would have been the better question.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
LOL - yeah they were on the 'road' 17 days... More like 6. Unless driving to Bridgeport from Storrs means they were on the road an entire week?

Maybe they had to walk to Bridgeport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer