We Should Be #1 on Monday | Page 7 | The Boneyard

We Should Be #1 on Monday

Reaction Score
Very disappointing to say but we’re gonna ended up being #2 … crazy too bc we’ve sustained a win streak with 1 of our most important players being out you’d think that would give us a 1 up bc let Purdue lose Zach they’d fall out the top 25
And for the simpleminded ppl to not understand why real fans want to be ranked #1 it’s bc that’s where we belong since last yr ..it’s deserved & earn & we want what’s ours(which also give us recruiting boost btw)
Natty
B E regular season champs
B E tourney champs
Ranked #1
All things that we want as UConn pride
The Bball Capital of the work !

Reaction Score

1705341809274.png

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I didn't realize recruiting only happened in April. But keep banging that drum.

Take a look at springtime de-commits. My guess is very few de-committed from a team that was ranked higher than when they committed in the first place.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I can’t see why you don’t take it as a sign of pride. Of all the teams in the nation, we are at the top of the heap. Week 1 or entering March. It’s an achievement hundreds of schools will kill to reach….and you’re a wet rag.
Cuz it’s January. And it’s completely meaningless. Unless we finish #1, who the hell cares?? I’ll make sure you get a t shirt though.

Reaction Score
Cuz it’s January. And it’s completely meaningless. Unless we finish #1, who the hell cares?? I’ll make sure you get a t shirt though.
It's only meaningless if you only enjoy college basketball in a binary: championship or completely wasted season. If you do that, cool, but that seems like a pretty miserable way to experience sports.

Reaction Score
It's only meaningless if you only enjoy college basketball in a binary: championship or completely wasted season. If you do that, cool, but that seems like a pretty miserable way to experience sports.
I don’t look at it that way. I just don’t care what a bunch of idiotic sportswriters think. The only objective measure is wins and losses. So does this now mean that all these guys that had it wrong all year are now right??? That’s hilarious.

Reaction Score
I don’t look at it that way. I just don’t care what a bunch of idiotic sportswriters think. The only objective measure is wins and losses. So does this now mean that all these guys that had it wrong all year are now right??? That’s hilarious.
Being ranked #1 is a consequence of playing and beating good teams. It is an indicator that you are performing well in what you call "The only objective measure" and doing it better than your peers.

Technically, I'd suggest that because all teams don't play each other, wins and losses aren't a purely objective measure of a team's quality.

But...if you play good teams and you keep winning, you'll be ranked #1. If you don't win, you won't be. We're happy to be #1 in the regular season because it means that we've been playing well. I don't see why this is hard.

Reaction Score
I don’t get this binary response.

Can’t it be true that being number one in January is great visibility and validation that Hurley is building an amazing program AND that being #1 at the end of the year is better?

Being #1 in January and after March Madness both help with recruiting that’s for sure

Reaction Score
I’ve been banging the drum that were the best team in the country and going to repeat for a month or so. No one loves titles more than me.

But you’re missing the boat if you think it’s meaningless. And if you’re at Gampel Wednesday you’ll see the extra gas that just got dumped on that bonfire.

Reaction Score
Being ranked #1 is a consequence of playing and beating good teams. It is an indicator that you are performing well in what you call "The only objective measure" and doing it better than your peers.

Technically, I'd suggest that because all teams don't play each other, wins and losses aren't a purely objective measure of a team's quality.

But...if you play good teams and you keep winning, you'll be ranked #1. If you don't win, you won't be. We're happy to be #1 in the regular season because it means that we've been playing well. I don't see why this is hard.
But the point is, it’s actually not. Who had Houston beat when they were up to #2?? No one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom