"We need the support from our loyal Husky followers more than ever" | The Boneyard

"We need the support from our loyal Husky followers more than ever"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...onn-to-host-sd-state-20121211,0,1781176.story

Let's see. We're sticking with a coach who is 26-34 in his last five seasons as a head coach. While other colleges hire young, rising offensive coordinator talent (see Neal Brown to Kentucky), there's no sign we won't be stuck with this next year.

Show US something - if you don't have the stones to do something about the head coach, do the next best thing and send GDL completely packing. No phony demotions.

U

UConn9604

Not for nothing, but former BC coach (he of the 20 wins in 2 seasons there) Jeff Jagodzinski was just hired as the Offensive Coordinator... at Georgia State.

I would have loved to have seen him come in and take the reins here, and I'm sure he would have been motivated as all heck to make BC pay for firing him.

Reaction Score
Unfortuantely Ga. State seems to have vision for its program, unlike. . . .I could see Jeff J as a PP successor. If he has a good season he can talk to the Jets all he wants afterwards

Reaction Score
What?!?!?!?! Where the hell is Buffalo??

Seriously, this is not that bad of a schedule for one year but on a yearly basis, it would grow old, especially after Louisville leaves.

Reaction Score
Oh, be careful using Jags as an example. He literally could not call plays at Tampa Bay and didn't make it out of the pre-season. He literally could not get them out of his mouth

Reaction Score
Unfortuantely Ga. State seems to have vision for its program, unlike. . . .I could see Jeff J as a PP successor. If he has a good season he can talk to the Jets all he wants afterwards

You realize that after BC he went to work for Tampa Bay as the offensive coordinator and failed horribly? He was fired before the team got out of pre-season. At BC he took what was a very good team with Tom O'Brien and took them to the next level. Although he deserves some credit for that a lot also has to go to Tom O'Brien for leaving the shelves stocked and also his OC Steve Logan who ran the offense. Logan was the former coach at ECU. I would prefer Logan to Jags any day.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I love how Jags signing on with GA State suddenly means he's a genius, they're a visionary program, and we suck. Does anyone really think OC in the Sun Belt is the job he wants? Why do people think we're missing the boat on a guy who's best option at a job was OC in the Sun Belt. I guess I should expect it from a fanbase that wants us to rehire Skip Holtz after his performance at USF makes Pasqualoni look like Pop Warner. Everyone says they don't like that JH hired a retread, but then they pine over every retread that gets hired elsewhere

Reaction Score
We can't argue, though, that it's pretty frustrating that Warde's idea of helping/monitoring the situation is to do absolutely nothing and then beg the "loyal" fans to help him out.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the courant can't be serious with that voting poll on the article?!?!?! the courant.

and #NOTADIMEBACK until things change

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Did anyone see that stupid headline and think, "Why are we playing South Dakota?" I mean how about you spell out San Diego and abbreviate State?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
What?!?!?!?! Where the hell is Buffalo??

Seriously, this is not that bad of a schedule for one year but on a yearly basis, it would grow old, especially after Louisville leaves.

That's a pretty darn good schedule and a good slate of home games all things considered. Remember a couple years back when people actually thought we would beat Michigan... ahh the good old days.

Reaction Score
I love how Jags signing on with GA State suddenly means he's a genius, they're a visionary program, and we suck. Does anyone really think OC in the Sun Belt is the job he wants? Why do people think we're missing the boat on a guy who's best option at a job was OC in the Sun Belt. I guess I should expect it from a fanbase that wants us to rehire Skip Holtz after his performance at USF makes Pasqualoni look like Pop Warner. Everyone says they don't like that JH hired a retread, but then they pine over every retread that gets hired elsewhere
JJags had RECENT success as a head coach. . . much more than can be said for GDL. On the retread scale JJ is maybe a 3, GDL a 10-plus.
Not calling for Holtz's return, but his first 2 years at USF were MUCH better than PP's here - and now we are staring at the same 3-9 in 2013 than USF just endured. And Holtz did beat the vaunted PP/GDL tandem this year. Guess they're equals on the Pop Warner scale - the little league, that is.
Dont have time to do this now but bet you could go down list of top 25 offenses in country this year and find several who would take the OC job here in two seconds.

Reaction Score
I hope by now we realize that it's "perception" that counts. It was "perception" that Louisville was more passionate. "Perception" that Rutgers was the school that owned NYC. I've been railing ad nauseum for us to be in our seats by kickoff so that TV viewers and conference poobahs get the "perception" that we are passionate and serious about our football. I asked "what would it take to get folks in their seats early? Money? Free beer? How about an invite to the ACC or B1G on the line? If that was actually announced for a particular game, how many (even some on this board) would still be in the parking lot well into the first quarter?
Want to give people the "perception" that we're the school that owns NYC? Then show up at MSG for the Jimmy V Classic. Let the BBall world hear "Wow, Digger, these UConn fans have taken over the Garden--on a Tuesday.They really do own this place!" Well, the turnout was pretty weak. Lots of reasons can be rationalized why that was, but in the end they're all excuses. Manuel is right, we fans need to step it up big time. Sure the school has to step it up too. It needs to get creative with incentives and better play, but if we as a fan base don't step it up, especially at our home venues, we'll deserve whatever miserable conference fate we get.

Reaction Score
I hope by now we realize that it's "perception" that counts. It was "perception" that Louisville was more passionate. "Perception" that Rutgers was the school that owned NYC. I've been railing ad nauseum for us to be in our seats by kickoff so that TV viewers and conference poobahs get the "perception" that we are passionate and serious about our football. I asked "what would it take to get folks in their seats early? Money? Free beer? How about an invite to the ACC or B1G on the line? If that was actually announced for a particular game, how many (even some on this board) would still be in the parking lot well into the first quarter?
Want to give people the "perception" that we're the school that owns NYC? Then show up at MSG for the Jimmy V Classic. Let the BBall world hear "Wow, Digger, these UConn fans have taken over the Garden--on a Tuesday.They really do own this place!" Well, the turnout was pretty weak. Lots of reasons can be rationalized why that was, but in the end they're all excuses. Manuel is right, we fans need to step it up big time. Sure the school has to step it up too. It needs to get creative with incentives and better play, but if we as a fan base don't step it up, especially at our home venues, we'll deserve whatever miserable conference fate we get.

We have lost the energy. Sometime in the last 5-7 years. We had good momentum ... and then we Hathaway'd it away.

Reaction Score
There's plenty of FBS (or even BCS) level athletic departments who dream about having 3 championships in a major sport...

Reaction Score
JJags had RECENT success as a head coach. . . much more than can be said for GDL. On the retread scale JJ is maybe a 3, GDL a 10-plus..

Jags also has more recent resume builders like getting fired during preseason from the Bucs, HC for the Omaha Nighthawks and as WR coach at Ave Maria University (I'm sure I'm not the only one that had to look that place up). While P was away from college he always had a job in the NFL. I'm not saying Jags wouldn't be a good hire for us, but this constant "grass is always greener" attitude is getting absurd. Just because somebody gets hired elsewhere doesn't mean we're missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime

Reaction Score
Jags also has more recent resume builders like getting fired during preseason from the Bucs, HC for the Omaha Nighthawks and as WR coach at Ave Maria University (I'm sure I'm not the only one that had to look that place up). While P was away from college he always had a job in the NFL. I'm not saying Jags wouldn't be a good hire for us, but this constant "grass is always greener" attitude is getting absurd. Just because somebody gets hired elsewhere doesn't mean we're missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime
Unfortunately, PP & company have so destroyed our 'lawn' just about anything is better at this point.

Reaction Score
Knowing that my kid would be late getting ready for anything I just started lying about what time things would start. If I wanted to leave by 3pm I'd say we needed to go by 2:30. That way I'd ensure we got going by 3pm. Maybe we just need to be lied to about what time kickoff actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom