We need new rumors | The Boneyard

We need new rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The old ones are like stale gum.

When do we get a fresh batch? It's only one pm, so the West Virginia fans are probably still in bed....maybe we can make our own?

Reaction Score

When do we get a fresh batch? It's only one pm, so the West Virginia fans are probably still in bed....maybe we can make our own?
Just try other people's stale gum.

Reaction Score
UConn to the MAC. Her st goes down to Duke as President in Waiting. Warde moves up to BC As an assistant football coach and the KO extension doesn't materialize. Kevin Freeman to be named head coach, Pendergrast is named interim AD and grooms JC to take over for him. By the time JC is in charge it's too late to higher KO, he has replaced Ben Howland at UCLA after he is fired for failing to promote an atmosphere of complience. Pasqualoni is given a contract extension after a big Cinci win and a Beef Bowl appearance. Lyle Mccombs transfers to Wagner to be close to home

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn to the MAC. Her st goes down to Duke as President in Waiting. Warde moves up to BC As an assistant football coach and the KO extension doesn't materialize. Kevin Freeman to be named head coach, Pendergrast is named interim AD and grooms JC to take over for him. By the time JC is in charge it's too late to higher KO, he has replaced Ben Howland at UCLA after he is fired for failing to promote an atmosphere of complience. Pasqualoni is given a contract extension after a big Cinci win and a Beef Bowl appearance. Lyle Mccombs transfers to Wagner to be close to home
Mark this post. It is a hanging offense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Between the usual suspects, they have covered every possible realignment scenario. There are no more combinations left. It is like reaching the end of the Internet.

Reaction Score
UConn, Central, Hartford, Fairfield, Quinny, Yale, Sacred Heart, Southern, Trinity, Wesleyan, Conn College, Bridgeport, New Haven, Western and Eastern to the newly-formed Nutmeg League (which will be changed as soon as one of the insurance companies buys naming rights).

The lack of marquee opponents will be counteracted by the lack of travel costs, allowing us to use that money to expand the Rent and build a four-lane road into Gampel. And the natural geographic rivalry with Eastern will make those old Mansfield-Willimantic border wars come to life again.

There's also only 15 teams, but rumor is the Nutmeg League is holding one spot for Notre Dame, like everyone else. Coast Guard apparently prefers to remain independent so they can continue to print their schedules using nautical times. ESPN could also just ssay hell with it and start fielding their own sports teams, the way 7-11 did with snacks, and Choate Rosemary Hall might become a college.

The biggest stumbling block, we hear, is that the deal is being held up because of the concern of many over what this might do to the Trinity squash team.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
How about Albertus Magnus and Mitchell College? They should be expansion targets along with Charter Oak State College Online.

B

bob f'n barker

I don't have any rumors about switching conferences but I have heard one about a player possibly transferring, but i know that is a subject that shouldn't be talked about.

Reaction Score
How about Albertus Magnus and Mitchell College? They should be expansion targets along with Charter Oak State College Online.

There's also Tiekyo Post, but I thought they were NAIA, so I didn't include them - I think they and Albertus Magnus are locks for the Silly Name For A College League, which has had its eyes on Morehead State for years. That's not to be confused with the Silly Nickname League, which is also known as the NESCAC, with UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs as their west coast affiliate.

Isn't there an exit sign in Hartford for something else - an art college or a women's college or something? I couldn't remember what that was.

Connecticut School of Broadcasting is also a potential dark horse.

Reaction Score
Uconn to the Pac-12. My third cousins second wife's step son told me. Bet the mortgage on it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I hear that St. Joesph's University or whatever they now are called now that they aren't a College will be asking for an invite to the Nutmeg League for all women sports.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The leagues realize they are playing an elaborate fantasy game and begin trading. The ACC begins by trading NC State for Vanderbilt and a promise from the SEC not to raid the league. Then adds UConn and a Louisville that is now contiguous (US News ranking of UL offset by the Vandy swap). Their offer of Syracuse or Pitt to get Maryland back is rejected.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
There's also Tiekyo Post, but I thought they were NAIA, so I didn't include them - I think they and Albertus Magnus are locks for the Silly Name For A College League, which has had its eyes on Morehead State for years. That's not to be confused with the Silly Nickname League, which is also known as the NESCAC, with UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs as their west coast affiliate.

Isn't there an exit sign in Hartford for something else - an art college or a women's college or something? I couldn't remember what that was.

Connecticut School of Broadcasting is also a potential dark horse.

St. Joe's in West Hartford is a predominantly female school. Maybe that's it? Goodwin College is in East Hartford and is a major nursing school so that's almost all women too.

There's also the Holy Apostles College and Seminary in Cromwell and Lincoln College of New England in Southington.

Morehead State is my favorite school, other than UConn of course.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
SNFACL (Silly Name For A College League) :
Morehead State
Ursinus
Slippery Rock
Stony Brook (they're actually a big AAU but sound like a Slippery Rock type liberal arts college)
Harvey Mudd
Pomona
Pepperdine
Oral Roberts
Bryn Mawr
Indiana of Pennsylvania
California of Pennsylvania

Reaction Score
Might have been St. Joseph's, now that I think about it.

The latest rumor we're hearing - these things change quickly - is that Springfield and AIC want into the Nutmeg League, on the grounds that if Bradley is considered Hartford/Springfield Airport, that they are already basically part of the state. The Nutmeg League is considering this option, but only if one of the schools changes its name to Northern Connecticut, seeing as how we have an Eastern, Western, Southern and Central and this would complete the "Directional Five". The Directional Five could have their own trophy within the Nutmeg, which would of course be a compass, unless they join forces with Coast Guard and make it a nautical beacon. The potential cross-directional rivalry with all the Michigans could really be a draw.

There is fallout to this as well. Louisville fans are also now making a play for the potential open spot in the Ivy League with Yale's departure, saying that the Ivy doesn't really care about academics any more, since they allowed Brown in.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I still like Boeheim will never coach in the ACC, I want to make this rumor happen.

Reaction Score
SNFACL (Silly Name For A College League) :
Morehead State
Ursinus
Slippery Rock
Stony Brook (they're actually a big AAU but sound like a Slippery Rock type liberal arts college)
Harvey Mudd
Pomona
Pepperdine
Oral Roberts
Bryn Mawr
Indiana of Pennsylvania
California of Pennsylvania
IUPUI is wondering where their invite is

Reaction Score
porter & chester & le cordon bleu college have made inquiries also. both said expansion of their facilities would be no problem

Reaction Score
No wonder you are going shopping instead of to the Cincinnati game?!?

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Sorry, but the Nutmeg League rumors lacks all credibility because it FAILS to include the obvious: Hartford Conservatory of Music. I'm n alumnus and I can tell you that they field an exciting offense- wide-open passin game with the added benefit of being able to form impromptu jazz jam sessions at the drop of a penalty flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom