We need fresh rumors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We need fresh rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not really a, new rumor but Gerry Dinardo doesn't think,the,B 1G will ever play with 14 teams.

Reaction Score
Ugh sorry for the bad link. Btw, Craig Carton had a nice anti Boeheim rant this morning calling him a, dirty cheat.

Reaction Score
He does not inspire confidence.
We need movement. He is speculating like every one else on who teams will be. I really like the idea of them never playing with 14, because it triggers movement and that is what we need.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I will not rest until my dream of UConn to the PAC comes true...

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
He may be speculating but since he's with the BTN he's a helluva lot more informed than we are.

Reaction Score
He may be speculating but since he's with the BTN he's a helluva lot more informed than we are.
I think he's right. I just hope that we are part of that. He's speculating down southeast. I think that's right. We're in a position where, if we aren't taken by the B1G, we need there not to be huge chaos. It's a precarious situation (and a similar one teams like Syracuse, BC, Pitt, and Louisville are in--they're just already in some conference that matters).

Reaction Score
I think he's right. I just hope that we are part of that. He's speculating down southeast. I think that's right. We're in a position where, if we aren't taken by the B1G, we need there not to be huge chaos. It's a precarious situation (and a similar one teams like Syracuse, BC, Pitt, and Louisville are in--they're just already in some conference that matters IN HOOPS).

Fixed it for you.

Reaction Score
Ottawa just announced that the University of Connecticut will be invited to join the Canadian Football League and begin play in September 2013. The UConn schedule will include the BC Lions, Saskatchewan Rough Riders, and Montreal Alouettes at home while they will visit the Edmonton Eskimos, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Calgary Stampeders, and Toronto Argonauts. The new television deal will provide the University with $40M per year. The final decision was made based on UConn's nickname, "the Huskies," which as a dog indigenous to the north country provided a perfect fit for the CFL. UConn has been installed as the favorite to win the Grey Cup.

Road trips to Montreal and Toronto would definitely not be the worst things to happen.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yup, that's going to include hockey as well, soon enough.

No, it really won't. Three of the last five titles isn't trivial.

As for rumors, the D of WVU posted an interview with the head of the BTN.

"I don't think we'll ever play with a 14 team team conference, I think it'll be 16 (by 2014, when Maryland and Rutgers join). And I don't think they're going to go through all this conversation and all this realignment and do it again for just two more schools. Where are they going to come from? Hard to say, but I would guess the footprint would continue to grow southeast, so that would leave me to believe that would be the ACC. When you look at schools institutionally, they'll be schools similar to Maryland and Rutgers. They'll be an academic fit, which I think is important, and appear to be in areas where there's population, and I think those are the similar things that has driven expansion. Once the (conference) footprints started changing, like when Texas A and M and Missouri went to the SEC, and you start talking about some of the crazy alignments like the Big East (was looking at), to me it looks like the B1G may keep going southeast."

Reaction Score
UConn to announce formation of the Husky Entertainment Network, to provide coverage of UConn sports and entertainment/cultural events from Jorgenson, etc. Connecticut officials are optimistic about the new venture, though industry officials feel that the HEN may lay an egg.

Storrs Center apartments, unless things have changed recently, don't even carry SNY. I doubt they'd pick up HEN. That would mean that, definitively, the chicken did not cross the road.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Here's a rumor that is 100% fact....Kate Upton is featured in the body paint segment at SI this year. As was said on Seinfeld, "they're real and they're spectacular".

Reaction Score
I've had dreams about both the B1G, and the ACC. You know things are bad when realignment finds it's way into your dreams.

I'm a little jealous, thinking about UConn in the NNNNNBE keeps me up at night! At least you are getting sleep.

#Think B1G
#Dream B1G

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
“@MLS_Analyst: @dfberger23 Syracuse will be a good fit, then. UConn (and Virginia) to the B1G in 2015, by the way. Heard it from a friend.”

-Matt Doyle 8k followers.

I hit "like", even though I have no friggin' clue who Matt Doyle is....well, because he sounds like he knows what he's talking about... ;)

Reaction Score
I hit "like", even though I have no friggin' clue who Matt Doyle is....well, because he sounds like he knows what he's talking about... ;)

He's Gregg Doyel's younger brother, but he was so embarrassed by his older brother's antics, that he changed the spelling of their last name to its more common one.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He's a UConn fan:

Matthew Doyle@MLS_Analyst
@GSHOK9 @Cuse As for UConn's long-term future... I see plenty of banners hanging from rafters. We won't be going anywhere #Promise

Damn. Throw him on the heap with the other non credible sources. Back to the haystack.

Reaction Score
MH3@MH3
Delaney is allegedly meeting with representatives from two ACC schools today. Cloak and dagger stuff. Non disclosure agreement be damned

MH3@MH3
UVA is one of the schools.

MH3@MH3
The other is not known by my source currently. Our money is on GT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom