We Need a Third Basketball Chant | The Boneyard

We Need a Third Basketball Chant

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
So far, I count the "U-C-O-N-N..." after big plans, and "UConn - Huskies....Huskies-UConn." They are fine, but I think we need something with some pep for during the run of play, not after.

I don't know who was at the Indiana game, but they do "Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers" chant - it's pretty cool in person because anyone can start it and people around the arena just start "Hoo-ing" and it seems to tap into some animal instincts that our chants just don't get at.
So my proposal is something similar - "U-U-U-UConn" - it can be broken out spontaneously and would sound awesome in the arena/on TV.

Has anyone else bee working on new chants they would like to unvail here?

Reaction Score
Well there are the student section chants; UC...Let's GO!; Let's Go Huskies!; U-C-O-N-N (go Huskies GO)!. don't know if that's what you're looking for.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hate the let's go U-C because we're not U-C, we're UConn.

The U-U-U-UConn would be cool

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Well there are the student section chants; UC...Let's GO!; Let's Go Huskies!; U-C-O-N-N (go Huskies GO)!. don't know if that's what you're looking for.

No, looking for something with more "gumf" - those all sound like softball chants or something. Plus, nobody does them except for the cheerleaders and like 10 students.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
As a side note, I've been in the student section since 2006 and noticed that we NEVER do a 'DE-FENCE' chant. NEVER.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
So far, I count the "U-C-O-N-N..." after big plans, and "UConn - Huskies....Huskies-UConn." They are fine, but I think we need something with some pep for during the run of play, not after.

I don't know who was at the Indiana game, but they do "Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers" chant - it's pretty cool in person because anyone can start it and people around the arena just start "Hoo-ing" and it seems to tap into some animal instincts that our chants just don't get at.
So my proposal is something similar - "U-U-U-UConn" - it can be broken out spontaneously and would sound awesome in the arena/on TV.

Has anyone else bee working on new chants they would like to unvail here?

We need a 4th Basketball National Championship.

Reaction Score
As a side note, I've been in the student section since 2006 and noticed that we NEVER do a 'DE-FENCE' chant. NEVER.

Up until a year or two ago we used to chant DE-FENCE during dead ball inbound plays.
I agree the student section needs more unity and defining chants. It makes me jealous watching a Duke game at Cameron and every student is chanting, "Lets, Go, Duke" with the first pump. If we get the entire lower bowl to chant something in unison its an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom