We need a current UConn player to be a NBA star player | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We need a current UConn player to be a NBA star player

Reaction Score
Won't happen. Hawk and Jax will be role players. Sanogo will need to show more. His skills are off the charts, but those skills are not in high demand these days on the NBA. Maybe a team can build around post play and defense, or copy Hurley’s 4 out offense, but AS probably becomes foul prone withoutna better rim protection game against NBA guards.
Disagree on Hawkins. He's already got the shooting touch which will only get better when all he has to focus on is basketball. More strength and aggressiveness in attacking the hoop and I can easily see him as a starting two-guard averaging 15-20 per game. Probably below all start level but certainly better than a role player if he lands in the right spot.

Also, he seems to have a much better attitude and decision-making than Bouk which will serve him well as he works his way up.

Reaction Score
Hawk is still progressing. Bouk was as well - both guys clearly would benefit from another year of college ball, but you don’t pass up the money when you have the chance. Anything can happen between this season and next, so if you have a chance to sign a multimillion dollar contract you do it. As others have mentioned Bouk has no one to blame but himself, hopefully he breaks through and becomes the player we all know he can be. Seems like Hawkins has a good head on his shoulders - if he lives in the gym I don’t know what his ceiling is. He gives me Rip and Ray vibes - which means he’s an NBA all star.

Reaction Score
Whaley shot 47% from 3 in the g league this season and ended it with a 30 point performance. I still hope he gets a bite at the apple some day

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom