We need a bigs coach and a mentor for Ollie | The Boneyard

We need a bigs coach and a mentor for Ollie

Reaction Score
If we're stuck with Ollie due to his buyout then let's make some changes.

Time for Ricky and Killings to find promotions elsewhere.

We need a bench coach like Larry Brown and a bigs coach like $20 Clyde

Reaction Score
Duh! He had Calhoun and dissed him! He had Blaney and chased him away! He had Glen Miller and fired him, to replace him with an inexperienced crony!

Karl Hobbs had also had enough of KO.

Reaction Score
We had these things Ollie wanted them out. But the Ollie supporters won’t believe it so what does it matter.

What does it matter if they don't believe it? The only thing that matters is what our AD believes.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing if Ollies’s ego and sense of reality are that out of whack, he will resign and look to go elsewhere rather than accept forced changes to his staff and overall sense of control.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What on earth are you talking about? It’s so well known that these things occurred that the only dumb parts in all of this are Ollie’s choices and your post

It’s not dumb. It’s a fact.

If someone could provide a link or some other thing substantiating the "diss" of JC I would love to see it.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I don't know how much of a factor our coaching staff / coaching experience has on our recent performance. I do know That you have to have at least one elder/OG on the bench. Compare our staff to the new Georgetown coaching staff.

Reaction Score
If someone could provide a link or some other thing substantiating the "diss" of JC I would love to see it.
There’s been suggestion and speculation by various media members but that’s as close as you’re gong to get to seeing actual substantiation. There’s less than zero logic in KO or JC taking about it. As for it being fact, I - an anonymous poster - can confirm it firsthand and others (like Chief and Fishy have insider info as well). If that’s not enough, I don’t think anyone can help you with your request.

C

Chief00

If we're stuck with Ollie due to his buyout then let's make some changes.

Time for Ricky and Killings to find promotions elsewhere.

We need a bench coach like Larry Brown and a bigs coach like $20 Clyde

Actually it was $10 and basically entrapment. Otherwise, I think it’s a great post. Larry and Clyde would be an answer. Clyde would jump at it, Larry I don’t know if he could be an assistant? I do know he loves the game.

C

Chief00

There’s been suggestion and speculation by various media members but that’s as close as you’re gong to get to seeing actual substantiation. There’s less than zero logic in KO or JC taking about it. As for it being fact, I - an anonymous poster - can confirm it firsthand and others (like Chief and Fishy have insider info as well). If that’s not enough, I don’t think anyone can help you with your request.

In the public domain - during an interview or Courant podcast - Calhoun said KO did not want his help anymore and that he understood and respected KO’s preference for wanting to be his own man. But, his help was offered and that he was available.

C

Chief00

I want Ollie gone too, but the idea that he ran Blaney out or dissed Calhoun is dumb
I don’t know about Blaney - if the one year - was part of the transition plan or if it was because he had enough of KO? Please don’t forget George is older than Jim and he lives on the Cape during the summer and heads to Florida at some point during the winter. He also is a very good golfer.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Would it be possible for you - an anonymous poster - to send a PM (I will keep the contents confidential) describing said diss (even if the PM does nothing more than confirm Chief's description)?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I don’t know about Blaney - if the one year - was part of the transition plan or if it was because he had enoiugh of KO? Please don’t forget George is older than Jim and he lives on the Cape during the summer and heads to Florida at some point during the winter. He also is a very good golfer.
I'm pretty sure that I remember Blaney saying (shortly after JC abruptly retired) that he would stick around to help the transition (hence the one year). Prior to the 2012-2013 season Blaney fully expected to retire before JC.

Reaction Score
Karl Hobbs had also had enough of KO.
I was under the assumption this was the case too. I know someone from Hobbs' family though and he said Hobbs is a big KO fan. From what he told me about Hobbs feelings for KO, I don't think there was any issue there. Maybe though, Karl was tired of sitting two seats down from a guy he feels is an inferior coach to him.

Reaction Score
The public messages were; Kill was brought in to "recruit", and Chill was brought in to "recruit". There is no empirical evidence that recruiting has improved, and player development also lacks empirical evidence. I know hope is not a strategy, however KO should understand how to form an executive team comprising all the components of running a program. Based on current results, going 2x on recruiting doesn't seem to be working.

Reaction Score
I just wrote this on another thread, we have no pick and roll easy baskets for our bigs.We have entry passes to them where they get the ball, think about things for 10 seconds while the defense sets itself, and then they toss something up. Just watched Creighton run an easy one for their big. He never dribbled, then layed it in. Our bigs have decent hands to do this, aslong as the guard can pass it to them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom