We need a 6-8/6-9 245 pound player who can score in the post | The Boneyard

We need a 6-8/6-9 245 pound player who can score in the post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have to wonder if Rakim Lubin could've developed into a contributing presence in the post. He definitely had the frame we desperately need to be a bruiser down-low.... but probably wasn't worth the trouble of keeping around to find out.

Reaction Score
Have to wonder if Rakim Lubin could've developed into a contributing presence in the post. He definitely had the frame we desperately need to be a bruiser down-low.... but probably wasn't worth the trouble of keeping around to find out.
SM is a lot better post player than Lubin would ever become. At least SM can out jump players and has true post moves.

Reaction Score

I'm dying. C'mon man. Lubin was like 6-4. If he's the answer we're far, far more duck___ than any of us know.

Reaction Score
We need a post player who can score there for the future.
We have not had that guy and yes we need him bad but obviously they are not that plentiful.

Reaction Score
I'm dying. C'mon man. Lubin was like 6-4. If he's the answer we're far, far more duck___ than any of us know.
Lubin was never the answer and way too underdeveloped as a player, he reminded me of a poor-man's Dajuan Coleman from Cuse (which is obviously a sad statement). We just need a functioning physical big body in the post, not just a bunch of lean finesse guys.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Rakim Lubin was a stretch at this level; he was never going to help.

2) But yes, we need more in the post than we have or that we've had in a couple of years.

I like Shonn Miller, but I'm worried that he's going to float back to the perimeter.

C

Chief00

Let's start with a real Bigs coach and a real power strength coach.

Reaction Score
Our lack of scoring bigs is exacerbated by the fact that no one on our team (other than Miller) can finish at the rim. Usually we have a slasher on the wing who can score at the hoop, but we really don't on this squad. Gibbs, Purvis, and Hamilton all have their flaws getting to the rim and finishing. Adams shows potential, but his touch is still just off. None of our bigs are exceptional finishers. We're relying on jump shots and sometimes the shots aren't falling.

I think we all undervalued Brimah's 8 points from lobs/dump-off passes. This team struggles to get easy buckets.

Reaction Score

You can't be serious... He had no business being on a UConn team.

Reaction Score
Enoch is good down low. He just hasn't gotten very many opportunities, but he almost always scores when he's in the post. If he didn't get burned on defense so often he and Miller would be 1a and 1b as scoring options for bigs.

Reaction Score
1) Rakim Lubin was a stretch at this level; he was never going to help.

2) But yes, we need more in the post than we have or that we've had in a couple of years.

I like Shonn Miller, but I'm worried that he's going to float back to the perimeter.

Or silly foul to the bench.

Reaction Score

Stop doing my job Crack. 6'4" isn't for you to correct that's on me so refrain from those type of comments without consultation in the future.

Reaction Score
Enoch is good down low. He just hasn't gotten very many opportunities, but he almost always scores when he's in the post. If he didn't get burned on defense so often he and Miller would be 1a and 1b as scoring options for bigs.

Speaking of crappy coaching he comes in the game after we play a ton of zone, and add to the fact we know his weakness is the hedge and help defense, yet they go man when he gets in the game. They got burnt for a 3 and a lay in I believe which both resulted from his help. Zone with him in is the perfect cover for his inexperience but no, let's go man now that he's in? Really? C'mon Kev that's just plain coaching 101. Play a zone with SE in the game hide him a little.

Reaction Score

The second part of your statement is far and away the most important. I admittedly was unable to see much of last night's game. But one particular segment I watched including Enoch coming in, us playing a 2-3, and immediately Enoch letting a guy get behind him in the zone for an alley-oop. They didn't convert, but as the middle man in the 2-3 that is inexcusable. He simply does not understand defensive concepts yet. So any productivity he might give you on the offensive side, is easily mitigated by his defensive shortcomings.

Reaction Score
I think so to--but he needs to move his feet on D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc