We have a winner! | The Boneyard

We have a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
duffy has really risen as some 1 i read a lot between uconn and hs sports. that right there put him #1 on my list. he gets it. the probelm with p is where we are going, its not good. the game has passed and and gdl bye. time to get a new coach. i want to be on here this summer thinking about the next 5+ years as a uconn fan thinking we have geno doing his thing, ko for life and be very excited about a new fball coach with potential of a craz O that drops buckets of points on fools in his sleep. hopefully i get my wish. then we can argue about puck rising, marshall folding in pressue soccer games and penders use of the bullpen. :D

Reaction Score
Strange article...

?Confirming the cupboard was sparse (not bare) and Edsall is somehow "better" because he had a mass exodus and his freshman are already playing (out of necessity). Diggs wasn't going anywhere other than UMD per his momma (they live 15 minutes away from campus).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Honestly? I browsed through the Edsall/UMD parts. I appreciate Duffy's honest and accurate take on the state of UConn's program and the performance of our coaching staff

Reaction Score
That's been my viewpoint for quite a while. Both have wrecked decent situations they walked into. Replacing the popular Fridge in favor of Edsall should get that AD fired.

P simply is indefensible at this point. Just a lot of instances of really bad judgement. You don't expect from 62 year old with tons of head coaching experience.

Of the two, I think Edsall has a better chance of improving next year. Cthe question is, if he "improves " to 7 wins by year three, what then? You forced out a guy that won nine games for guy to "break through" and win 7 in year three? That sort of math doesn't add up for a fan base, and unlike at UConn, he won't have a whole throng of supporters saying "this is his program and he will be here as long as he wants"

Reaction Score
Edsall definitely has one thing on P...hr has an ace recruiter in Mike Locksley. All the talk about us not having any game breakers has to fall directly back on the Asst's who are hold overs from Edsall's staff. These guys are the ones who develope the begining relationships with recruits.

Reaction Score
Edsall definitely has one thing on P...hr has an ace recruiter in Mike Locksley. All the talk about us not having any game breakers has to fall directly back on the Asst's who are hold overs from Edsall's staff. These guys are the ones who develope the begining relationships with recruits.

Locksley was a disaster as a head coach but he can flat out recruit DC/MD (Diggs and 2013 OT Duffy refers to are MD kids). Locksley's contract is heavily incentive laden in that regard - he will get an extra $25,000 if Maryland’s recruiting class is in the top 40 of the rival.com rankings and $20,000 if the Terps’ class is among the top four in the ACC. I'm not bashing our program but I wonder if Cersosimo's contract has similar language. Slippery slope but with proper Compliance oversight workable.

Reaction Score
Locksley was a disaster as a head coach but he can flat out recruit DC/MD (Diggs and 2013 OT Duffy refers to are MD kids). Locksley's contract is heavily incentive laden in that regard - he will get an extra $25,000 if Maryland’s recruiting class is in the top 40 of the rival.com rankings and $20,000 if the Terps’ class is among the top four in the ACC. I'm not bashing our program but I wonder if Cersosimo's contract has similar language. Slippery slope but with proper Compliance oversight workable.
Contract language or not Cersosimo can't even hold Locksley's jock as a recruiter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom