We are not a Blue Blood | The Boneyard

We are not a Blue Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We're not Blue Blood. Maybe the 2050 Huskies will be, but this team isn't.

UCLA, Indiana and Kansas are Blue Bloods. They subsist on income from the trust fund started by their railroad-magnate great-grandfather, and they look down on anyone whose ancestors didn't come over on the Mayflower. They look down on people who have to work for things, people whose name doesn't guarantee them permanent success.

We're not Blue Blood. We're Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison. We didn't summer in Newport, and we didn't attend Exeter, but we run the world.

We've won 25% of the last 16 titles. That's some serious market share. And we're not going anywhere.

Reaction Score
Thank you for that.

The only persons who even give a dam about Blue Bloods are the self-appointed Blue Bloods. They would love for it to work to their advantage somehow in a world so based on entitled privilege. A look at the protections offered by the Media and the NCAA exemplify this fact - the single most repulsive situation in college sports.

These programs spend oodles of wasted time debating the Blue Blood qualifications of Louisville, UConn, Michigan State, Arizona, complete with misguided factoids attacking John Wooden so that their imagined presence might climb in the Mystical Moonlight of their solipsism.

There is not enough rancor in the world to shovel at those overweaning jerks.

Reaction Score
We are blue blood in today's world because we win championships and feed the NBA. The conferences and the seasons don't matter that much anymore, just get in the tourney. Just waiting for the windfall recruit from this year's title to drop to us.

Reaction Score
We're not Blue Blood. Maybe the 2050 Huskies will be, but this team isn't.

UCLA, Indiana and Kansas are Blue Bloods. They subsist on income from the trust fund started by their railroad-magnate great-grandfather, and they look down on anyone whose ancestors didn't come over on the Mayflower. They look down on people who have to work for things, people whose name doesn't guarantee them permanent success.

We're not Blue Blood. We're Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison. We didn't summer in Newport, and we didn't attend Exeter, but we run the world.

We've won 25% of the last 16 titles. That's some serious market share. And we're not going anywhere.
You got ONE thing wrong: 25% of the last 16 titiles. MAKE THAT 15 BECAUSE 2012-2013 DOES NOT COUNT AS A LEGITIMATE SEASON.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've even heard ridiculous arguments that UCLA really isn't a blue-blood as nearly all of their success happened over slightly more than a decade. If they don't want us as a member of their club the value of membership in that club goes down. F#%K them, we don't need their approval.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Are you trying to say that UConn is rich, but not wealthy?

Reaction Score
The fans of those teams may say we're not but honestly I read a ton of articles over the past few weeks that called us one of the blue bloods of the sport. This was before we won #4.

KU fans are just pissy that we have more titles than they do.

Reaction Score
I have been guilty of the "we are not respected enough" thoughts this year. The NC wiped my issues with how we are perceived off the board. If other people don't respect us they are blind. We have won 25% of ALL NCs in the last 16 years. If you throw the women's team in the mix our percentage is plain crazy.

The haters can hate for all I care.

Reaction Score
I put it this way:
"Go back 30 years and ask anyone where the University of Connecticut was. 12 combined titles later (after tonight)...They're not "old Money" but that's just so Connecticut of them."

Reaction Score
48292468.jpg

Reaction Score
I have been guilty of the "we are not respected enough" thoughts this year. The NC wiped my issues with how we are perceived off the board. If other people don't respect us they are blind. We have won 25% of ALL NCs in the last 16 years. If you throw the women's team in the mix our percentage is plain crazy.

The haters can hate for all I care.
We have won 10% of the titles in the last 40 years. That goes back to 1974. Duke, UNC, UK are the only schools who can say that. Also, that accounts for all of Duke's titles as well as all of ours, and 80% of UNC's.

Reaction Score
Exactly...I dont want to be a blue blood..Even though our program is older than UCLA, Kentucky, Duke, UNC, I could care less about being a blue blood. Any title from the 50s and earlier is meaningless anyway as teams with mixed races werent playing against racist teams.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
We didn't win enough games when they used a peach basket and when the tournament only had 4 teams

Reaction Score
Have you ever seen a peach basket? Sometimes you could make a basket but the dam ball would just bounce right back out. 3 Fingers Yarmi was the guy who first dunked the basketball and they had to stop the game to run down to Herb's to get another peach basket after the dang thing splintered. Luckily Herb had one. That was during 3 Fingers' 5th Junior year I believe.

The attendance then would amaze people now. It was zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom