WBIT and WNIT results | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WBIT and WNIT results

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Seeing how you are a women's Duke fan you probably should be focusing on the MBB all the time. ;):p

20220722_121626.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last night's game at A&T was the highest attended game so far in the WNIT. Old Dominion comes to Greensboro tomorrow at 7pm.

Great to see this kind of fan support for the ladies, especially at the mid-major level. They deserve it

Reaction Score
UVA got smacked around by Villanova. I want to believe in Mox, but I don't know that she's the one. I guess we'll find out in the next three seasons. She'd better shake up that coaching staff soon or else she's not going to get very far.

And if Mir (with multiple years of eligibility left) is on the fence about coming back to play for her, then WHEW!!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NCA&T afvances over Old Dominion in front of 3,224 land-grant fans. Next game is at home Friday night. I guess the WNIT sees the good attendance and is rewarding them with more home games. @Plebe Enthusiastic Play by Play alert :p

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Its all very interesting - the WBIT final four is on TV Monday. Villanova, Penn State and Illinois from the B1G and Washington State. No real mid-majors left (about half the 32 team field were mid-majors).

The WNIT Elite 8 equivalent is Monday, as well, not on TV. 3 teams from the B1G are the only P5 programs in the mix, but only 4 of the 48 teams were from the Power 5 to begin with. The final a week from today will be televised on CBSSN, apparently.

Or, to put it another way, the gap between P5 and mid-major is real.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Its all very interesting - the WBIT final four is on TV Monday. Villanova, Penn State and Illinois from the B1G and Washington State. No real mid-majors left (about half the 32 team field were mid-majors).

The WNIT Elite 8 equivalent is Monday, as well, not on TV. 3 teams from the B1G are the only P5 programs in the mix, but only 4 of the 48 teams were from the Power 5 to begin with. The final a week from today will be televised on CBSSN, apparently.

Or, to put it another way, the gap between P5 and mid-major is real.
Good report. Did Villanova join the B1G recently (heck, everyone else is ;)).
So, 'Nova did beat Penn State and former-Lady Lion turned Wildcat Maddie Burke, who has been relegated to coming off the Bench for 'Nova, played 30 minutes against Penn State in what I would term a mild upset, given how PSU was playing better with Owusu back in the lineup.

And the Illini are on a roll, beating WSU. They're finally rolling like the team we all saw last season.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Good report. Did Villanova join the B1G recently (heck, everyone else is ;)).
So, 'Nova did beat Penn State and former-Lady Lion turned Wildcat Maddie Burke, who has been relegated to coming off the Bench for 'Nova, played 30 minutes against Penn State in what I would term a mild upset, given how PSU was playing better with Owusu back in the lineup.

And the Illini are on a roll, beating WSU. They're finally rolling like the team we all saw last season.
Left out a comma.

And the relatively no-name WNIT Semis - Minnesota (last P5 standing plays Troy, and Vermont (beat Purdue) plays Saint Louis (beat Wisconsin). In the Nova / Illini WBIT matchup - go Nova. If Minnesota makes the finals of the WNIT, I would probably root for them, just because.

Reaction Score
Better put some respect on Minnesota's name! Them Gophers are making some noise. Playing for the title tomorrow. Good luck, Gophers!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom