Way Too Early Big East Projections | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Way Too Early Big East Projections

Reaction Score
Yup English is the wildcard. Unknown. But they got everyone back they wanted and Dual is the highest incoming recruit in the league on any team other than UConn.
True, he has done quite well BUT the 2 key guys could not transfer out, he got transfers from his previous school plus Cooley commits from CA-nothing really on his own at this level. He seems like a good one but time will tell when he competes with the bigger name programs.

Reaction Score
I just remember 5-15 with PC starting off BE play 3-0 ..... would love to have croswell back, but the list is ok to me.

Reaction Score
I'm skeptical of Kim English's coaching ability. He had a very strong A10 roster and barely went .500 in a down A10. He's going to have a top 4 or 5 Big East roster as well, though, but we'll see where he finishes. The coaches in this league might eat him alive.

Pierre, Carter, Dual, Hopkins, Oduro, Floyd is a strong 6-man core for the year. There's at least 3 guys that will get drafted in that core. If they get 1 or 2 more guys, they'll have a real title contending lineup.

But I'll still probably pick them 6th until English shows he can hang.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn introducing the Big East to the new floor at Gampel
hulk smash GIF

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
True, he has done quite well BUT the 2 key guys could not transfer out, he got transfers from his previous school plus Cooley commits from CA-nothing really on his own at this level. He seems like a good one but time will tell when he competes with the bigger name programs.
Coaching change isn’t automatic these days, but Hopkins and Carter could’ve applied for a waiver

Reaction Score
Why would you click on a thread labeled "Way Too Early Big East Projections" to make this comment?
He was agreeing with you -- you said it was "way too early." You're not easy to please, are you? LOL.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I can’t say I’m exactly pessimistic about UConn, but i need to wait before pronouncing anything about our team. We lose a load of talent in Sanogo, Hawkins, Alleyne and Calcaterra. If either or both of Newton and Jackson leave then UConn is left with two possible big front court stars who will be sophs and neither ball handlers, Diarra who looks like a non-scorer and Johnson who hasnt shown much. And reliance on a lot of presumably good frosh and maybe a decent shooter transferring in. We have had our share of talented frosh who need some time to develop. And its a tough league with several teams that will not look
like they did this year. . Too many unknowns and a bunch of critical departures who still had eligibility compared to a lot of teams. These predictions should wait until at least early January except if Newron and AJax both stay.

Reaction Score
Curbello is gone.

He got alleyne, he has Soriano, he might pick up Mgbako. They can certainly not be great, but I wouldnt count him in epically bad club, he has a knack for winning.

I haven’t seen the OP hate a roster this much since the last Lakers championship squad.

Reaction Score
Coaching change isn’t automatic these days, but Hopkins and Carter could’ve applied for a waiver
They could have but no guarantees. Might have to be for mental issues which is difficult to prove. I’m not aware of any player that has tried this year?

Reaction Score
Until I see them lose starters, Marquette has to be the favorite.

Re: the Kam Jones rumors -

If I understand it correctly, he was just trolling Scheierman's announcement about staying at Creighton where he worded it as "ready for the next chapter." Fans were confused about whether Scheierman was staying or going. So in the end Kam (and the rest of the MU Players that commented on his post) in turn ended up trolling Marquette fans by doing this. Kam ended up deleting the post and posted an apology for getting Marquette fans all worked up and worried he was leaving. He was really just having fun and it ended up becoming a big fiasco!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Re: the Kam Jones rumors, he was just trolling Scheierman's announcement about staying at Creighton where he worded it as "ready for the next chapter." Fans were confused about whether Scheierman was staying or going. So in the end Kam (and the rest of the team that commented) in turn ended up trolling Marquette fans by doing this. Kam ended up deleting the post and posted an apology for getting Marquette fans all worked up and worried he was leaving. He was really just having fun and it ended up becoming a big fiasco!
Prosper?

Reaction Score
Prosper?
Crossing my fingers here. He's got NBA potential, but i don't think he is drafted if he goes this year. But NIL is complicated for him b/c he's from Canada so he has more motivation than most to try at least... or go overseas. But in the end, hoping he doesn't pull a Justin Lewis and instead stays for at least one more year to get a little more attention from scouts and work on his game a bit more!

While his announcement didn't say it, it was said by the Milwaukee newspaper beat reporter that he's maintaining his eligibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom