Watching UConn Football on CBS Sports Network | The Boneyard

Watching UConn Football on CBS Sports Network

Reaction Score
I am trying to get ahead of the curve so I can watch UConn beat NC State. I so want to be at the Rent but I cannot get there on Thursday due to other commitments, even with my wife’s blessing if I can figure it out.

I have been googling how to access but it’s not clear to me. I will have access to internet but not cable TV. Will I need a Paramount Subscription? Any help is greatly appreciated so I can plan in advance. I’ll pay for the access at least for this game.

Reaction Score
I am trying to get ahead of the curve so I can watch UConn beat NC State. I so want to be at the Rent but I cannot get there on Thursday due to other commitments, even with my wife’s blessing if I can figure it out.

I have been googling how to access but it’s not clear to me. I will have access to internet but not cable TV. Will I need a Paramount Subscription? Any help is greatly appreciated so I can plan in advance. I’ll pay for the access at least for this game.
I'm not sure if they'll play games on Paramount+. I'm in the same boat because I moved to North Dakota so I'm not sure if I'll even be able to stream the games myself. Hopefully someone can figure this out so we can watch.

Reaction Score
If you have a cable TV login and the game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network proper (you'll have to look that up - I'm 99% sure it is), then you will not need a Paramount+ login.

Just use your TV Provider login & pw to hop on to CBS Sports or use the app on the ipad/iphone/device.

Reaction Score
I used streameast.io to watch the BC game as i was traveling and youtubetv wasn't available where i was.

They will likely have it.

Reaction Score
I get the channel on Direct TV here in Arizona. I watched every game last year on CBSSN. Just checked and I also get CBS sports on Firestick.

Reaction Score
You need to have a subscription on one of the providers to get CBS Sports Network. Some comes with the basic package, and some comes in premium sports package.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if they'll play games on Paramount+. I'm in the same boat because I moved to North Dakota so I'm not sure if I'll even be able to stream the games myself. Hopefully someone can figure this out so we can watch.
Put a Direct TV dish up on your roof, you’ll be able to watch every game. The picture is also a little sharper than a streaming signal. The Direct TV Sports Pack is a great deal.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

CBSSN is not available on Paramount+. If it were, I think a few of us would drop cable altogether.

Reaction Score
Put a Direct TV dish up on your roof, you’ll be able to watch every game. The picture is also a little sharper than a streaming signal. The Direct TV Sports Pack is a great deal.
Never had an issue with streaming quality with YouTube TV. I’ve actually been impressed with how great the image was…it was a concern of mine originally when we cut cable. Also have super fast fiber connection which helps. My only complaint is a slight delay…but that’s not the end of the world. I gotta turn off game alerts on my phone and stay off social media!

Reaction Score
Never had an issue with streaming quality with YouTube TV. I’ve actually been impressed with how great the image was…it was a concern of mine originally when we cut cable. Also have super fast fiber connection which helps. My only complaint is a slight delay…but that’s not the end of the world. I gotta turn off game alerts on my phone and stay off social media!
Direct TV is not “cable”. I did a side by side comparison of a MLB game using the centerfield closeup shot of the back of the mound, and zooming in on the cleet cleaner. I was streaming the game that was also being shown on Direct TV via satellite at the same time of course. The DTV picture was so sharp you could see the bristles on the cleaning pad, and while streaming signal was very clear with a very low S/N ratio, the resolution was not as good as the DTV satellite signal. I switched back and forth between both feeds on the same TV and it was apparent that the DTV picture had better resolution. DTV does not provide wi-fi so we get that from the local cable company for streaming purposes but we also have a DTV dish on the roof and probably watch DTV 60% of the time vs streaming signals for Amazon or Netflix, etc. For live sports the picture quality on DTV blows away a live cable signal or a streaming signal.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
I really don't like games being on cbs sports, but it's WAY better than being relegated to espn 2, espn u, and especially espn+ that FIU game was the worst broadcast I've ever watched, I'll take what we have over that anytime.

Reaction Score
I can't I'm in an apartment complex.

Reaction Score
Direct TV is not “cable”. I did a side by side comparison of a MLB game using the centerfield closeup shot of the back of the mound, and zooming in on the cleet cleaner. I was streaming the game that was also being shown on Direct TV via satellite at the same time of course. The DTV picture was so sharp you could see the bristles on the cleaning pad, and while streaming signal was very clear with a very low S/N ratio, the resolution was not as good as the DTV satellite signal. I switched back and forth between both feeds on the same TV and it was apparent that the DTV picture had better resolution. DTV does not provide wi-fi so we get that from the local cable company for streaming purposes but we also have a DTV dish on the roof and probably watch DTV 60% of the time vs streaming signals for Amazon or Netflix, etc. For live sports the picture quality on DTV blows away a live cable signal or a streaming signal.
Aware it’s not “cable”….I was only referring to my situation and how happy I was with the quality. Enjoy your video stream from outer space!

Reaction Score
Aware it’s not “cable”….I was only referring to my situation and how happy I was with the quality. Enjoy your video stream from outer space!
Direct tv is not streaming, there are no buffering issues or dependence on an internet connection. Enjoy your streaming over that tiny bandwidth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom