Watching UConn/Buffalo at the bar? | The Boneyard

Watching UConn/Buffalo at the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm visiting my sister in NYC this weekend and I'm curious, is there a way for sports bars to show ESPN3-type games? i.e., as a home consumer I can't watch the game on TV, only on the Internet, but can a sports bar actually show the game if they have a gameplan-type package?

And my apologies ahead of time for asking a stupid question.

Reaction Score
Van Diemens is where the UCONN folk usually gather for the games. I'd call them to see if they are showing it somehow.

Reaction Score
Actually Loop a very reasonable question.

Not on GamePlan, which many bars have, according to this.

That means hooking a laptop with ESPN3 access to the TV with RGB or HDMI cable. Went to a bar last year (Boston's Manchester) where they did this with RGB. Pic wasn't crystal clear and it digitized at bad times, but it worked. Here's a video primer on hooking up the TV to computer

Reaction Score
Cool, thanks ruskin. I actually work in IT so hooking up the laptop/audio to a TV is easy for me, but I was trying to figure out how a bar would do it IF they could do it legally. Or illegally. But it sounds unlikely. Maybe I'll bring my laptop and offer a hefty tip, heh. ;)

Reaction Score
It's been done. I went to T.D. Homer's in Southington to watch UConn play at Ohio U. a few years ago. It was on ESPN3 as I recall. They had the game on.

Reaction Score
Van Diemens is where the UCONN folk usually gather for the games. I'd call them to see if they are showing it somehow.
If they have it at this place, I'll throw down some beers with ya!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Good question, I was going to ask myself.

I won't be home, but could go to a bar, but it sounds like I'm out of luck. Not having these games on SNY sucks so bad.

Reaction Score
If they have it at this place, I'll throw down some beers with ya!

Yeah worst case I can hook up my laptop to my sister's TV but I'd rather go out and throw a few back. I'll be in Manhattan so if I'm gonna be at that spot I'll let you know.

Reaction Score
Wood N Tap in Vernon had the Maryland game on one of their TV's. I would assume that they would that they would have the Buffalo game.

Reaction Score
Yeah worst case I can hook up my laptop to my sister's TV but I'd rather go out and throw a few back. I'll be in Manhattan so if I'm gonna be at that spot I'll let you know.
If it's not on tv I doubt they will hook up a laptop up for the espn3 game. Kind of sucks though, I miss SNY even more now.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
So I've just discovered that ESPN3 in Australia doesn't always show the same games as ESPN3 in the USA. I was able to get the first three games down here but the Buffalo game is not available for some dumb reason.

FrontRowSports.com seems to be down as well. Does anyone know of any other creative ways to watch the game?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's been done. I went to T.D. Homer's in Southington to watch UConn play at Ohio U. a few years ago. It was on ESPN3 as I recall. They had the game on.
About to post this exact thing. Was at TD Homers for that game as well. Picture was terrible but WatchESPN has greatly improved since that Ohio game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
FrontRowSports.com seems to be down as well. Does anyone know of any other creative ways to watch the game?

I believe you are looking for firstrowsports.eu.

Reaction Score
AppleTV and Xbox have the ESPN3 app. No connecting computers to TVs required. Much easier for anyone who has them (AppleTV can be bought for $90 new).

Reaction Score
Will be heading to Sliders in Plantsville for the 2nd half to pick up some take out wings for a social engagement this evening. Hoping tosee the game on there. I'll be calling when they open to be sure.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
AppleTV and Xbox have the ESPN3 app. No connecting computers to TVs required. Much easier for anyone who has them (AppleTV can be bought for $90 new).

I got an Apple TV based on what I read here, it's pretty cool.

Understand that you still need Watch ESPN access through cable/internet provider. Or at least someone's account to log in with.

Reaction Score
Will be heading to Sliders in Plantsville for the 2nd half to pick up some take out wings for a social engagement this evening. Hoping tosee the game on there. I'll be calling when they open to sure.

Coach Cap, the Oho game was broadcast on ESPNU not ESPN3.

Reaction Score
Despite my thread about going to the game my buddy and decided we were a bit crazy to go out there last minute.

I stopped by Vernon Wood N Tap the home of PP's radio fun time and they will indeed be broadcasting the game.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Coach Cap, the Oho game was broadcast on ESPNU not ESPN3.

No that year it was on ESPN3. I specifically remember sitting in a booth at the same place Cap was at and watching the game on the TV that was connected to the computer. I don't remember if we played Ohio twice (home and away) but the away game was on ESPN3. I can be done at sports bars/restaurants if they put the effort in. At TD Homers that season, they put in the effort and got my business because of it.

Reaction Score
Any other bars? Anyone going to any other Hartford area bars? I am working until 430 or so so I might try to make wood n tap after that.

Reaction Score
I just checked the bar scene in Southington: Sliders-NO, Buffalo Wild Wings-No, TD Homers-YESSSSSSS!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is a buffalo wild wings in Southington? Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom