Watching Tennessee and Oregon State is like watching a PAC12 game... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Watching Tennessee and Oregon State is like watching a PAC12 game...

Reaction Score
If you'd told me they'd be so cold from 3 and Gulich would have major foul trouble, I'd think they'd be getting blown out. But credit to OSU.

...but then again, you're forgetting it's the LadyVols. :rolleyes:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Don't know if y'all are watching, but Russell has come to play today. The best I've seen her all year.

At the point in the game when you posted this, I was in agreement - she was showing good control and patience. But still a very slow motor heading back on defense.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm almost sad that I didn't get to see Baylor wipe the floor with Tennessee and beat them by 40.

*almost*

But watching their pouty Tennesssee faces as they're embarrassed on their home court takes away any potential for sadness :)
“Pouty” faces? A bit harsh, no? The kids tried hard and lost. It’s not their fault Holly can’t coach them properly. None of the players in Tennessee jerseys had anything to do with the UConn-Tenn rivalry; not sure what they’ve done to warrant this comment.

Reaction Score
What happens when a less talented but well coached team plays a very talented but poorly coached team......Oregon State 66 Tennessee 59
Stop with the less talented stuff! Oregon State may not have played their very best game, but they played pretty darn well in the 2nd half. Defense is critical in the Tournament, and OSU played solid today, regardless of their poor outside shooting. Pivec & Katie McWilliams were outstanding today. Gulich had a decent game, and hit some key shots in 2nd half, and rebounded well in 2nd half. OSU had two freshman playing today in the rotation, and they played extremely well in their 1st BIG game in the Tournament. Let's give OSU some credit for beating Tennessee on their home court.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
“Pouty” faces? A bit harsh, no? The kids tried hard and lost. It’s not their fault Holly can’t coach them properly.
Was referring primarily to the spectators.

Reaction Score
“Pouty” faces? A bit harsh, no? The kids tried hard and lost. It’s not their fault Holly can’t coach them properly.
But it is their fault they didn't realize what a spiralling disaster the program is and go elsewhere instead. It wasn't like it was a secret. What a waste of talent.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
“Pouty” faces? A bit harsh, no? The kids tried hard and lost. It’s not their fault Holly can’t coach them properly. None of the players in Tennessee jerseys had anything to do with the UConn-Tenn rivalry; not sure what they’ve done to warrant this comment.

That is true, - sad and depressed - not pouty. But it is so satisfying to see them lose on their home court. So many times they get all the calls and win at home, so it's hard not to gloat a little at this - OK maybe a lot.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Time to pay a visit to VolNation. It's a shadenfreude Sunday.

00BFB967-2C8F-430D-B710-36E8E16512B7.jpeg

Reaction Score
Actually on reflection I am now feeling sorry for the Tenn Vols and Vol nation as a whole. When you have high expectations and disappointedly don't even come close, it hurts worse.

Reaction Score
But at the start of next season they will again be ranked in the top ten.

Their highly-ranked recruiting class will be sophomores next year; Tenn will be competitive for the SEC title, and as such, be relevant to pollsters.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stop with the less talented stuff! Oregon State may not have played their very best game, but they played pretty darn well in the 2nd half. Defense is critical in the Tournament, and OSU played solid today, regardless of their poor outside shooting. Pivec & Katie McWilliams were outstanding today. Gulich had a decent game, and hit some key shots in 2nd half, and rebounded well in 2nd half. OSU had two freshman playing today in the rotation, and they played extremely well in their 1st BIG game in the Tournament. Let's give OSU some credit for beating Tennessee on their home court.
It's not a knock on OSU. Hey's not saying OSU is untalented. By any measure, and most specifically their recruiting rankings coming out of HS, Tennessee's roster is the more "talented" one: more McD AA's, for example.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A lot of firsts this game for the LV program: 1st NCAA tournament loss at home (57-1), plus the program's 1st back-to-back NCAA tournaments missing the Sweet 16. Incredible runs for that program.
TN certainly WAS a great program but karma is the bitch that continues to bite the program in the rear end. Since cancelling the series with UCONN, TN has not made a FF while UCONN has not missed. Since the cancellation of the series UCONN has won the championship more often than not.

Reaction Score
It's not a knock on OSU. Hey's not saying OSU is untalented. By any measure, and most specifically their recruiting rankings coming out of HS, Tennessee's roster is the more "talented" one: more McD AA's, for example.
High School? Not sure that is what was meant. In any case, our freshman played better than Tennessee's freshman today. On the court today, OSU players, as a group, were not "less talented".

Reaction Score
Congrats to ORST and Scott Rueck on an important program win on a hostile court. Unfortunately, their reward is a probable date with Baylor, whom ORST beat 2 years ago in a tight contest to get the the Final 4. (The jacket-toss game :D ). Lets hope Coach Mulkey has an encore performance in that Olympic category!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm not watching. I can't stand that stupid song that they play 100 times a quarter. No wonder their fans are always on the verge of a psychotic break.
+1
I've heard that "song" way, way, way too many times in my life. If I never hear it again, it would be too soon.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Congrats to ORST and Scott Rueck on an important program win on a hostile court. Unfortunately, their reward is a probable date with Baylor, whom ORST beat 2 years ago in a tight contest to get the the Final 4. (The jacket-toss game :D ). Lets hope Coach Mulkey has an encore performance in that Olympic category!!

Yeah, I'm not liking OSU's chances in a rematch against Baylor, with the Bears looking for some revenge. All things considered Sweet 16 is fairly good accomplishment for this year's team.

Reaction Score
Well, err, except for the 9 turnovers.
I believe OSU won the game, on Tennessee's home court. You can call out any stat you want, but that is one stat. The stat that matters is the final score.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom