Watching Kutztown Exhibition from outside Connecticut | The Boneyard

Watching Kutztown Exhibition from outside Connecticut

PvP

Reaction Score
Apparently those of us outside CT who have Amazon Fire TV will be able to see the exhibition game on Sunday. Go to the FireTV homepage and say "Fox61", then download the app for Fox61+ and the game should be on at 1 PM Sunday.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Apparently those of us outside CT who have Amazon Fire TV will be able to see the exhibition game on Sunday. Go to the FireTV homepage and say "Fox61", then download the app for Fox61+ and the game should be on at 1 PM Sunday.
I believe that you can download the app on a Roku too.
The app isn't available on the Xbox S tho.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
By "Fire TV" does that mean using a Amazon Firestick? I have downloaded the app on my Firestick. Not too familiar with the term Amazon Fire TV but am guessing that it might be an Amazon brand tv.

PvP

Reaction Score
Yes, Amazon FireTV is a brand but if you can download Fox61+, you should be good to go.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don’t have any sticks, fire or otherwise. I downloaded the Fox61 app on my iPhone. I was able to get live streaming news on the app. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can watch the game. I can transfer the stream from my phone to my big screen TV. If not, hopefully it will be posted on YouTube later.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yes, Amazon FireTV is a brand but if you can download Fox61+, you should be good to go.
Ok.
I do my streaming using an Xbox S, Firestick or Roku. I stream to an early 4k model Samsung Smart TV (circa 2015) so a lot of newer apps aren't available for it.

Reaction Score
I believe that you can download the app on a Roku too.
The app isn't available on the Xbox S tho.
Can someone walk me through the steps to get it on ROKU? Would be much appreciated.

Reaction Score
Woo-hoo!!
Downloaded it and ready to watch tomorrow.
Now have to work on SNY.
Here in Corpus Christi, TX can always watch the game against Texas on the Longhorn Channel

Reaction Score
The Texas game is not televised on the Longhorn Network , it is a Fox1 exclusive.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Woo-hoo!!
Downloaded it and ready to watch tomorrow.
Now have to work on SNY.
Here in Corpus Christi, TX can always watch the game against Texas on the Longhorn Channel
As an out of market fan you will need to download the Fox Sports app and login using your tv provider credentials in order to stream the SNY games. You must have both the local Fox station and FS1 in your tv package. The Fox Sports app is free to download.

Reaction Score
Can someone walk me through the steps to get it on ROKU? Would be much appreciated.
1667661484795.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As one has already determined from the above posts there are few ways of getting/finding FOX61+ App for the ROKU. I'll present another way.

If you are already on the ROKU Home screen;
1. go to home Menu (text menu to left) scroll to Search.
2. type "fox61", you should see (to right) Fox61+ app.
3. move over this app and press "OK", options to "Add Channel"
4. once installed, you can either "Go to Channel" or exit, it should be on your ROKU Home page, look for last App on your App list.
5. no sign in required to this App.

...that's about all there is to it. I'm guessing the above should also work similar for other streaming devices not named ROKU, providing it does have FOX61+ to begin with.

EDIT: Note if one lives in CT and has access to channel CW20, (On my YouTube TV channel list I have this channel, I live in CT) you can go directly to this channel to watch the exhibition game tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t have any sticks, fire or otherwise. I downloaded the Fox61 app on my iPhone. I was able to get live streaming news on the app. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can watch the game. I can transfer the stream from my phone to my big screen TV. If not, hopefully it will be posted on YouTube later.
lets all hope we can see the game on 61+ i have a toshiba, fire tv, what makes it smart is you log on with your amazon password, can talk to alexa through the remote to change stations, and all the apps that you can load

For $29.99 you can get the fire tv stick, plug it into your tv hdmi input, if you have one, and log the stick to your wifi, and viola! you have a fire tv. no beaming from your phone needed. plus pluto tv, and many many other free tv/movie shows/apps. go uconn!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
lets all hope we can see the game on 61+ i have a toshiba, fire tv, what makes it smart is you log on with your amazon password, can talk to alexa through the remote to change stations, and all the apps that you can load

For $29.99 you can get the fire tv stick, plug it into your tv hdmi input, if you have one, and log the stick to your wifi, and viola! you have a fire tv. no beaming from your phone needed. plus pluto tv, and many many other free tv/movie shows/apps. go uconn!!
I have 1 TV in the house that's not hooked up to the dish (no line into that room). I may try that. I can afford #30. How much is the basic subscription?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This seems to indicate other "easier" ways to access the game. I hope this is correct.

The game can be seen on linear channel CW20 or streamed on fox61.com or the FOX61 News app. It will also be available on Fox61+ through Amazon Fire TV or Roku. The game will also be broadcast through the UConn Sports Network from Learfield (97-9 ESPN).

Centerstream

Reaction Score
but we cannot see the game in CT, correct?
What would prevent you from using the Fox61 app to stream the game if you are not in the CW20 viewing area?

Reaction Score
I have 1 TV in the house that's not hooked up to the dish (no line into that room). I may try that. I can afford #30. How much is the basic subscription?
No subscription. very similar to a roku, you only pay for what you want to pay for, like amazon movies or amazon tv, or many other subscriptions. I have no subscriptons on my 2nd tv, but just watching Pluto, with 100+ free channels is certainly great. Do more research, I don't want you to spend $29.99 (bestbuy) and disappointed. You need an Amazon account and a tv HDMI input.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hate the delay before the game is broadcast I’m sitting on the Fox61 site waiting for something to click on.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I see Meg but have no sound

Sound just came on

Reaction Score
I had it on my phone here in SoCal. Went black during commercial, hopefully it comes back?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom