Watched the UConn vs L'ville gm again and......... | The Boneyard

Watched the UConn vs L'ville gm again and.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Noticed that Slaughter threw the Bball at Stewie out of frustration. T Gibbs shot and airball, Hammond tried to save it to Slaughter but the Ref ruled it out of bounds. Slaughter still threw it at the Rim, Stewart blocked it and thats when Slaughter threw it down at Stewie. She aimed for Stewies Legs because she knew if she aimed higher, it would've been a Technical Foul. Its at the 14:30-14:38 mark in the 2nd Half. These Ladies are sore losers. I like Walz but some of his Girls are horrible. Reminds of when Monique Reed leveled Dolson in the CShip gm.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I think they're just frustrated with losing and losing and losing and losing to UConn. I would be frustrated too.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Noticed that Slaughter threw the Bball at Stewie out of frustration. T Gibbs shot and airball, Hammond tried to save it to Slaughter but the Ref ruled it out of bounds. Slaughter still threw it at the Rim, Stewart blocked it and thats when Slaughter threw it down at Stewie. She aimed for Stewies Legs because she knew if she aimed higher, it would've been a Technical Foul. Its at the 14:30-14:38 mark in the 2nd Half. These Ladies are sore losers. I like Walz but some of his Girls are horrible. Reminds of when Monique Reed leveled Dolson in the CShip gm.
Really? You project all that about L'Ville and Slaughter from this? Really?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Really? You project all that about L'Ville and Slaughter from this? Really?
Wow, that was pretty bad, huh? :rolleyes:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
That was not Slaughter, it was Hammond. And she threw the ball to her own player. And it was Dolson not Stewie standing near the play on the bseline.

This is about as clueless and a flame job as it gets. The Cards haters just go berserk sometimes.

HGN

Reaction Score
She was just mad and frustrated.......No need for it. But it sometimes happens.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
That was not Slaughter, it was Hammond. And she threw the ball to her own player. And it was Dolson not Stewie standing near the play on the bseline.

The OP was correct in her description of the play.

Reaction Score
"DobbsRover2, post: 868570, member: 807"]I hope not, because you really sound like a troll if you're that clueless.[/quote]
Takes one to know one....

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I see. She's talking about that little toss back toward the ref that maybe ticks Stewie's foot. So that is some type of angry "throw down" that the OP believes was not aimed at Stewie's head because she knows that Slaughter wanted to avoid a technical?

That is clueless and unfortunate that a poster would bring up something so ridiculous. If she wanted to mention a screen where Slaughter put out an elbow to push KML into committing a foul, that would at least be something more to grouse about. But the game was won handily, and this is just stupido.

Reaction Score
I see. She's talking about that little toss back toward the ref that maybe ticks Stewie's foot. So that is some type of angry "throw down" that the OP believes was not aimed at Stewie's head because she knows that Slaughter wanted to avoid a technical?

That is clueless and unfortunate that a poster would bring up something so ridiculous. If she wanted to mention a screen where Slaughter put out an elbow to push KML into committing a foul, that would at least be something more to grouse about. But the game was won handily, and this is just stupido.
And this is just MY observation. Hate or love it

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

I don't necessarily agree with either of you. But one play happened during the game (elbow) and one happened during a dead ball. That is what diffentiates them .

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
"DobbsRover2, post: 868570, member: 807"]I hope not, because you really sound like a troll if you're that clueless.
Takes one to know one....[/quote]
Wow, you must be the life of the party when the wits get together to crack on each other.

Something that Stewie didn't even notice, only you did.

Reaction Score
[q"Adesmar123, post:, member: 106"]I don't necessarily agree with either of you. But one play happened during the game (elbow) and one happened during a dead ball. That is what diffentiates them .[/quote]
I respect your opinion.
OMG!

She's so horrible!

BWAAHAAHAAAA!!

get real...
Takes one to know one....
Wow, you must be the life of the party when the wits get together to crack on each other.

Something that Stewie didn't even notice, only you did.[/quote]
Ok. If I "like" your comment, will you stop commenting?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Ok. If I "like" your comment, will you stop commenting?
That will certainly do it. And I apologize for misunderstanding which throw you were talking about because I couldn't believe that anyone would complain about a soft toss to the ref or would imagine that the player was harboring murderous and barely avoided intent to brain Stewie with the ball.

As noted there was some chippy plays on Monday, but this is the women's game and not the men's game and you therefore have to expect that it gets a little rough out there sometimes.

Reaction Score

I think your trying to read into something that is just not there. IMHO it looks like Slaughter is just trying to throw the ball back towards the baseline and Stewie walks across her path and Slaughter inadvertently hits her on the leg. Slaughter certainly didn't throw the ball with any foce whatsoever.

Reaction Score
It was no biggie. opinions like butts comes in all shapes and sizes. There is a lot more to be concerned about than that play. We have a NC to win

Reaction Score
They throw it at each other hard all the time if they think they're falling out of bounds. It's part of the game. There were hard fouls by both teams. Women play rougher than the men IMO.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
wow - a softly tossed bounce pass meant for either Dolson or the ref who were both out of bounds and it happens to hit Stewart in the leg with so much force that Stewie doesn't even acknowledge the contact on her way up the court. The bounce pass had about as much effort in it as the shot attempt and Stweie's block both of which were done at slow motion speed - sort of like the pass. There were a few moments in the game when emotions ran a little high, but that certainly was not one of them.

Reaction Score

This could possibly be the most overblown analysis of the year. Not to be rude but if you have ever played the game or watched enough of it what happened here was normal. All after the whistle the bird softly flipped the ball towards the hoop, the husky never breaking her stride swatted it, the bird flipped it towards the base line of which it gently hit the husky.
A total non issue here, now if you really watched the game again you could mention how Slaughter lived up to the name on a personal foul during play. Not sure of who she hammered but it caught my attention where as this would not. No malice just say'n...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It was MUUUUUUURDER!!!!

If someone named "Husky Love" can't engage in outrageous hyperbole, who can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom