Wasn't Schiano telling recruits they'd be in the B1G a while ago? | The Boneyard

Wasn't Schiano telling recruits they'd be in the B1G a while ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I seem to remember rumors that Schiano was telling recruits a year ago that they'd be in the B1G and we all laughed at what a lying car salesman he is. Between that and UMD voting against the exit fee, it makes me wonder if this latest expansion hasn't been in the works for quite some time. I certainly wouldn't have put UMD on the top of anyone's want list, what with them being one of the worst run ADs in the country, but apparently they thought they had somewhere to go back then. Personally I thought they'd be in a situation like Wake, or Duke, where they really needed the ACC to hold together, but it shows what I know. It seems odd to me that two teams that rseemingly shouldn't have been so confident of a move were, and it turns out they knew what they were talking about. And yet it still came as pretty much a surprise move. Presumably they both knew they were next in line. Hopefully the silence from Herbst/Warde is also because they know they're next in line

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, of course it's been in the works quite a while. Good memory about Schiano.

Of course, these things don't always work out. Charlie Strong was telling recruits L'ville was going to be in the Big XII, then he had to back off a few months ago and a few recruits decommitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom