Washington Pouring It On The Lynx | The Boneyard

Washington Pouring It On The Lynx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And a close one in NY.

Minnesota may get their second lost of the season.

Mercury with it's trading of late is set to make a run for it down the stretch. Anything is possible during the playoffs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its still early..... I wouldnt be surprised to see the Cats pull it out at the end.

Reaction Score
Maya played only 15 mins, 5 pts, 5 TOs and 3 fouls
Is she OK?

Reaction Score
Minnesota say it ain't so. I mean I heard of beat downs, but gol-lee! says gomer-pile...hot dogity Kazam!

Here comes DT & Company

Reaction Score
Two of Minnesota starters had Zero points. Wow!

The Suns are hanging with LA early but for how long? One thing about playing LA this year is you better put up a lot of points fast and play some defense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For some reason, Washington matches up well with Minnesota. I just got home from the game. The Lynx were a combination of flat and woeful. I thought they would be energized after losing on Friday. Minnesota's defense was poor, giving up something like 6 threes in the first quarter. The score was 33-13 after 1, and Washington basically maintained the 20-point lead the rest of the way. Coach Reeve was irate at her starters and benched most of them. As noted, Maya had 5 points. Seimone and Lindsay combined for 0 points. That was Seimone's career low. No one got a technical, but Coach Reeve was thoroughly disgusted. We sat about 10 feet behind her and could clearly hear several nasty words.

Reaction Score
For some reason, Washington matches up well with Minnesota. I just got home from the game. The Lynx were a combination of flat and woeful. I thought they would be energized after losing on Friday. Minnesota's defense was poor, giving up something like 6 threes in the first quarter. The score was 33-13 after 1, and Washington basically maintained the 20-point lead the rest of the way. Coach Reeve was irate at her starters and benched most of them. As noted, Maya had 5 points. Seimone and Lindsay combined for 0 points. That was Seimone's career low. No one got a technical, but Coach Reeve was thoroughly disgusted. We sat about 10 feet behind her and could clearly hear several nasty words.
Maya was out of synch and benched. But healthy.
Not that I want to reignite that discussion, but they were the Olympians, Seimone and Lindsay.

Maybe the Lynx were distracted. After all, it would be the last visit with its current occupant. For Ms Moore, it would be five visits in 6 years. Her college and pro career has spanned the arc of an immensely historic event.
Lynx visit White House after 3rd title in 5 years

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe the Lynx were distracted. After all, it would be the last visit with its current occupant. For Ms Moore, it would be five visits in 6 years. Her college and pro career has spanned the arc of an immensely historic event.
Lynx visit White House after 3rd title in 5 years
They may have been distracted. As far as I could tell, POTUS didn't give them any crap about Sunday's game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Washington is pouring it on the Stars today, 53-27 early in the third period. All 1o Mystics players scored in the first half. Moriah is -25 in 12 minutes of play. Yikes!!

Reaction Score
Maya played only 15 mins, 5 pts, 5 TOs and 3 fouls
Is she OK?
Maya did something to her leg or ankle when they played the sparks the first time. She was hobbling around in the 4th quarter and they took her out for the rest of the game. I think she might have tweaked something. :(

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya did something to her leg or ankle when they played the sparks the first time. She was hobbling around in the 4th quarter and they took her out for the rest of the game. I think she might have tweaked something. :(
Maya hurt her thigh in the first game against L.A. and couldn't finish the game. She seemed healthy and played well in the second game against L.A. In the Mystics game, she seemed fine physically. Three of us who are huge Maya fans sat literally 8' behind her. Coach Reeve was pissed at the decision-making and effort by all her starters. They were run off the floor in the first period, 33-13. Maya started poorly and didn't get enough playing time to make amends. It was probably the worst game I've ever seen Maya play. I look for her to bounce back against N.Y. tonight.

Speaking of poor games, Moriah had 4 points and 1 assist in 16 minutes today. The Mystics are making a habit of making other teams look bad in Washington.

Reaction Score
I think Mo is bruised and battered. She was clobbered a couple of times the game before and asked to come out - sat with an icepack on her hip. In this (horrible) game, she also seemed slow to get up when knocked down and grabbed her back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Mo is bruised and battered. She was clobbered a couple of times the game before and asked to come out - sat with an icepack on her hip. In this (horrible) game, she also seemed slow to get up when knocked down and grabbed her back.
I saw the game when she injured her hip. She was walking like an old lady. If she is hurting, she loses much of her advantage. In today's game, she played as much as most of the starters, so it's impossible to tell from the box score. If she looked hobbled, she's probably less than 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom