Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Missouri is going to finish like 7th in the country. It's absurd to think Florida State and Clemson can't compete in the SEC.
They can’t, just look at 63-3 against Georgia’s 2nd and 3rd stringers. BTW I think you’re confusing Mizzou with Kentucky. SEC door mat 7-6 Kentucky outplayed Clemson, but Clemson miraculously pulled out a win. I watched the Missouri game, they’ll be ranked top 5 preseason. Kiffin deserves some accolades.

Reaction Score
College football is spiraling. Today's Georgia/Florida State bowl game was an utter embarrassment for the sport. The players are telling the fans that they could not give two spits about their sport, so why should the fans care? Even professional wrestling puts more effort into their product.
It definitely was an utter embarrassment for the ACC. If anything is spiraling it’s the football product put out by the ACC. I think it’s a little over the top to say “College football is spiraling” just because the ACC has sucked in football in recent years.

Reaction Score
It definitely was an utter embarrassment for the ACC. If anything is spiraling it’s the football product put out by the ACC. I think it’s a little over the top to say “College football is spiraling” just because the ACC has sucked in football in recent years.
Your take is exactly what was feared by FSU playing the game with none of their good players. This game was irrelevant and was no indication of FSU’s ability to compete with SEC schools. They’ve been doing just fine against the SEC.

Reaction Score
They can’t, just look at 63-3 against Georgia’s 2nd and 3rd stringers. BTW I think you’re confusing Mizzou with Kentucky. SEC door mat 7-6 Kentucky outplayed Clemson, but Clemson miraculously pulled out a win. I watched the Missouri game, they’ll be ranked top 5 preseason. Kiffin deserves some accolades.
Georgia was missing like 3 starters and had no official opt outs. You are mistaken, it was Georgia stomping FSU’s third stringers.

But go ahead and make up whatever you want to for your continued truly awful takes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Lol. What a bad take. A bowl game where teams played less than half their starters.

You could also have metioned FSU beating LSU two years in a row at the start of the season with both teams at full strength amd playing for something or FSU beating the Gators last two seasons.

SEC. It just means more*

*except in bowl games or OOC games when they lose.

Reaction Score
Georgia was missing like 3 starters and had no official opt outs. You are mistaken, it was Georgia stomping FSU’s third stringers.

But go ahead and make up whatever you want to for your continued truly awful takes.
Exactly. This was mentioned repeatedly by the announcers, and they even interviewed Smart about it right before the game. Georgia clearly felt like they had a point to prove, they wanted to get their seniors to 50 wins, and their team was all in. You had a fully stocked, hungry team against a team that wasn't interested in being there, and didn't have their players. This result should not surprise anyone.

Reaction Score
Georgia had over a dozen out. Maybe they were not called “opt outs” because they already announced for the portal, but they opted for the portal before the bowl game so they were out.

Second string QB was one that was highlighted as in the portal and not dressed to play, making way for 3rd string QB to play the second half.

Reaction Score
Pretty effective protest, if you ask me. They created a completely unwatchable product because they got screwed out of a chance to compete for a championship. The NCAA doesn't even pay em so why should these kids put their livelihoods on the line? To keep ratings up for the Capital One Orange Bowl?

This is the future the SEC wanted
I still believe that players should complete a season that they started. They should do it for the love of the game, their former teammates and FSU. But I believe in old time values that unfortunately are spiraling downward as well.

If FSU players wanted to make a statement why didn't they stick together and make a positive statement by kicking the snot out of Georgia? They took the easy way out.

Reaction Score
Georgia had over a dozen out. Maybe they were not called “opt outs” because they already announced for the portal, but they opted for the portal before the bowl game so they were out.

Second string QB was one that was highlighted as in the portal and not dressed to play, making way for 3rd string QB to play the second half.
I’m not sure what you are trying to debate. FSU was stripped of most of its best players. Georgia was not. FSU started its third string freshman QB. Nobody really cares except to show that the portal and NIL are going to ruin college sports as designed. I don’t actually care about FSU and Georgia or the CFP. I care about college sports being destroyed, particularly for fan bases like ours and yours. This is going to turn football and basketball into an SEC/BIG pro league. The rest of us will be left behind. It’s a simple matter of players gravitating to the money and the networks building up those leagues in public perception so that average fans consider everything else garbage.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what you are trying to debate. FSU was stripped of most of its best players. Georgia was not. FSU started its third string freshman QB. Nobody really cares except to show that the portal and NIL are going to ruin college sports as designed. I don’t actually care about FSU and Georgia or the CFP. I care about college sports being destroyed, particularly for fan bases like ours and yours. This is going to turn football and basketball into an SEC/BIG pro league. The rest of us will be left behind. It’s a simple matter of players gravitating to the money and the networks building up those leagues in public perception so that average fans consider everything else garbage.

I was adding balance to the false narrative that UGA had a full roster.

Yes FSU had more out.

I never loved the exhibition bowls. This may be the end of them. With a 12 team playoff there will be enough meaningful content for post season football. With players not interested enough to play in the exhibition bowls, fans won’t be interested enough to watch, and sponsors not interested enough to pay.

I have no tears for the stupid bowl system.

If the top 60 teams form their own new tier, whether it’s in the NCAA or out, maybe the next tier has its own 12 team or 16 team playoff. That might have some interest.

Reaction Score
I was adding balance to the false narrative that UGA had a full roster.

Yes FSU had more out.

I never loved the exhibition bowls. This may be the end of them. With a 12 team playoff there will be enough meaningful content for post season football. With players not interested enough to play in the exhibition bowls, fans won’t be interested enough to watch, and sponsors not interested enough to pay.

I have no tears for the stupid bowl system.

If the top 60 teams form their own new tier, whether it’s in the NCAA or out, maybe the next tier has its own 12 team or 16 team playoff. That might have some interest.
Maybe, in other parts of the world but in the US, people only like the top leagues. I just don’t see it.

Reaction Score

When your opt-outs are the second stringers transferring for playing time, it isn't quite the same impact as FSU's starters opting out (or the second stringer taking snaps for the first half of the practices before entering the portal). I don't fault them for taking care of themselves first.. but it does speak to the leadership of Kirby Smart (and probably the help of some Georgia boosters) that he had a team where the first stringers wanted to be out there despite the risk.

Reaction Score
Your take is exactly what was feared by FSU playing the game with none of their good players. This game was irrelevant and was no indication of FSU’s ability to compete with SEC schools. They’ve been doing just fine against the SEC.

Lol. What a bad take. A bowl game where teams played less than half their starters.

You could also have metioned FSU beating LSU two years in a row at the start of the season with both teams at full strength amd playing for something or FSU beating the Gators last two seasons.

SEC. It just means more*

*except in bowl games or OOC games when they lose.
You people have to stop trying to change the narrative and manufacture garbage facts just to support your stupid “takes”. BTW, 6-7 LSU two years ago, lost by one point to your full strength FSU squad.

Reaction Score

Who were the dozen out? Most not key contributors. They were missing two starters on offense, including Bowers who has been injured forever.

The portal guys from Georgia are leaving because they don’t see the field.

Reaction Score

See my post to the other two bumpkins.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Exactly. This was mentioned repeatedly by the announcers, and they even interviewed Smart about it right before the game. Georgia clearly felt like they had a point to prove, they wanted to get their seniors to 50 wins, and their team was all in. You had a fully stocked, hungry team against a team that wasn't interested in being there, and didn't have their players. This result should not surprise anyone.
And Smart said as much in his post game presser.

Reaction Score
This is one college football fan who used to greatly enjoy bowl season. I can't believe that an Orange Bowl could turn into whatever that was last night. I'm going to start watching my football on Sundays rather than Saturday. I'll watch professional football where the players act like professionals.

All very sad.........

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
You people have to stop trying to change the narrative and manufacture garbage facts just to support your stupid “takes”. BTW, 6-7 LSU two years ago, lost by one point to your full strength FSU squad.
LSU was 10-3 with a win over Alabama last year.

Reaction Score
It shouldn't be surprising to anyone because half their team and all their best players skipped the bowl game.

The bowl season is a disaster and totally meaningless these days.
It's weird -- the lower bowls with esoteric corporate names between schools nobody has heard of are actually more compelling because those players actually care. Then the better bowls between P5 powerhouses who missed the playoff are terrible because those players care more about their NFL draft status.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is this good for UConn? It can’t hurt right?
Is you're having a sandwich good for the fly in a different room in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom