Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a scam. If I am orange bowl, I think they should penalize schools money for not bringing a real team to these bowl games.

One thing to sit out the Toledo bowl. Another to not play in the orange bowl. What a fiasco. They should just have declined the bid.

Reaction Score
This is a scam. If I am orange bowl, I think they should penalize schools money for not bringing a real team to these bowl games.

One thing to sit out the Toledo bowl. Another to not play in the orange bowl. What a fiasco. They should just have declined the bid.
Why would the orange bowl care? They still got the ticket sales and tv money. If anyone needs to complain are FSU fans

Reaction Score

There is no difference between any bowls except the cfp ones.

Reaction Score

Give each player 50k each to play, beli v me the orange bowl can afford it, if they don’t wanna play that’s fine they just don’t get paid.

Reaction Score
Bowl games are exhibition games. Until maybe 20 years ago that is what they were. That and a chance for teams to play in a warm climate over the holidays. Knew a guy eho played for Texas and he said the schedule for playing in the Cotton Bowl was basically end the season, take a couple of weeks off for exams and Christmas then come back and have light practices interspersed with bowl events. They played One game where their opponent took it seriously and the Texas guys were ticked off.

Reaction Score
I find it amusing that the college playoff and conference championships have turned into a joke.

Players making bank with NIL can simply skip what is supposed to the highlight of the season?

The only bright spot for us is that they system that has worked against us at every turn appears to be getting what they deserve.

I’m done watching these back up bowls. Be at the Spring Game and looking at 2024 now.
Can you imagine March rolling around Clingan injured and Samson, Newton, Karaban and Hawkins opting out. That is how an FSU fan must feel. Bowl season now sucks. I think big NIL contributors should add a clause, you opt out you pay me back.

Reaction Score

How? And why is it the school's fault for the players going their own way?

Reaction Score
Can you imagine March rolling around Clingan injured and Samson, Newton, Karaban and Hawkins opting out. That is how an FSU fan must feel. Bowl season now sucks. I think big NIL contributors should add a clause, you opt out you pay me back.
Or you get paid partially as a weekly or monthly paycheck with playing through any bowl as a requirement to get the bulk of the money. On a 50k deal, say $1000 per week for 15 weeks and then 35k lump sum after all games are completed. Something along those lines.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Orange Bowl = Toledo Bowl when OB isn't hosting CFP. The curtain has been pulled back on the wizard. There is no inherent luster to a Bowl game any more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I can assure you very few FSU fans gave a crap about this game.

Reaction Score
Or you get paid partially as a weekly or monthly paycheck with playing through any bowl as a requirement to get the bulk of the money. On a 50k deal, say $1000 per week for 15 weeks and then 35k lump sum after all games are completed. Something along those lines.
Sounds like you’d be paying players to play instead of just allowing them to benefit from their own name, image, and likeness.

Reaction Score
Sounds like you’d be paying players to play instead of just allowing them to benefit from their own name, image, and likeness.
Yes. That’s a given. If the school is coordinating the pay they can coordinate the payment schedule.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You could make the case that by opting out, they may be tarnishing that image.

Reaction Score
Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee?

Nope
Sort of, 26 or so players bailed when they didn’t make the playoff. Their Orange Bowl performance is irrelevant.
The loss of their starting QB did greatly diminish them as a team. I just doubt that an SEC or Big Ten team would have faced that scrutiny.

Reaction Score
The Orange Bowl was so pathetic (which was expected) that I watched the end of the Arizona Bowl sponsored by Barstool. What a bunch of unprofessional announcers. Late in the game, a Toledo defender body slammed a Wyoming receiver and drew a flag. One of the announcers said "what an idiot" which most announcers wouldn't say.. He sounded like Will Ferrell.

Reaction Score
I wonder how getting taken to the woodshed on National TV affects their lawsuit? They have no business even thinking about playing in the SEC., though I do think the B1G might envision them as Rutgers South, Just shows how weak a conference the ACC really is, and to think how Clemson struggled against a 7-6 SEC team.
Missouri is going to finish like 7th in the country. It's absurd to think Florida State and Clemson can't compete in the SEC.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Since CFB is basically becoming a minor league, might as well add some monetary penalties. In the pros if you sit out, you lose your pay for that game. Something should be put in effect for these NIL deals which are basically salaries.

Reaction Score
The Orange Bowl was so pathetic (which was expected) that I watched the end of the Arizona Bowl sponsored by Barstool. What a bunch of unprofessional announcers. Late in the game, a Toledo defender body slammed a Wyoming receiver and drew a flag. One of the announcers said "what an idiot" which most announcers wouldn't say.. He sounded like Will Ferrell.
That was Dave Portnoy who said "what an idiot." He is the founder of Barstool Sports. He is not a professional announcer or analyst, but is a multi-millionaire who basically says what he wants when he wants and doesn't really give a F. What he said is on brand with the Barstool culture. Their demographic is 18-34 year-olds.

It was a tough listen with the Barstool guys in the booth - not my cup of tea. Plus, they kept stepping all over each other. I kind of felt bad for the play-by-play guy who is a Newhouse grad and has done some legitimate football pxp on ACC Network.

Reaction Score
That was Dave Portnoy who said "what an idiot." He is the founder of Barstool Sports. He is not a professional announcer or analyst, but is a multi-millionaire who basically says what he wants when he wants and doesn't really give a F. What he said is on brand with the Barstool culture. Their demographic is 18-34 year-olds.

It was a tough listen with the Barstool guys in the booth - not my cup of tea. Plus, they kept stepping all over each other. I kind of felt bad for the play-by-play guy who is a Newhouse grad and has done some legitimate football pxp on ACC Network.
Thanks, that explains a lot. It was a rough listen even for the short amount of time that I watched. They stepped all over each other and didn't glance at the audience like most announcers. I am definitely not in their demographic.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
College football is spiraling. Today's Georgia/Florida State bowl game was an utter embarrassment for the sport. The players are telling the fans that they could not give two spits about their sport, so why should the fans care? Even professional wrestling puts more effort into their product.

Reaction Score
Pretty effective protest, if you ask me. They created a completely unwatchable product because they got screwed out of a chance to compete for a championship. The NCAA doesn't even pay em so why should these kids put their livelihoods on the line? To keep ratings up for the Capital One Orange Bowl?

This is the future the SEC wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22