Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Was Florida State Screwed by the Committee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we really trust someone with the handle hornymcfrog?
I trusted him with my retirement and now his account is suspended and I cannot get in touch any longer. He must be working really hard on trying to find me good investments.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Committee did it's job... But I am not going to call their little post-season tourney a play-off; you can play your way into a play-off. This is just a straight up invitational.

Reaction Score
This is just a straight up invitational.
Absolutely correct. FSU got jobbed.
If undefeated Washington’s QB Pennix, or undefeated UM’s QB JJ McIntyre broke their foot in last game would either team be left out of playoff? Not on your life.

Reaction Score
If undefeated Washington’s QB Pennix, or undefeated UM’s QB JJ McIntyre broke their foot in last game would either team be left out of playoff? Not on your life.
I'd say you're PROBABLY right but I'm inclined to think it could have been used an excuse to also get Georgia in so that there are two SEC teams.

Reaction Score
Mixed emotions. It starts with a totally ridiculous system of 4 intended as a cash grab for major power conferences. 8 allows in the G5 slobs to get their hands on the pie. After the PAC was perpetually screwed and undefeated P5 teams were excluded they felt some heat. Easy fix..B1G guts the PAC. Now the ACC is the weak sister and the snake is eating its tail. FSU was screwed because Alabama had no business moving into the 4 slot. They got lucky and beat Auburn on a prayer. Yet, somehow that doesn’t matter. Losers like Herbstreet and Finebaum are so in the tank it’s ridiculous. ESPN has so many conflicts of interest it’s criminal. The system is so biased and corrupted I’m glad to see their ten years of theft and greed blow up in their faces. I’m also not ok with a team doing everything they can do get screwed. All about money. Sickening.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Mixed emotions. It starts with a totally ridiculous system of 4 intended as a cash grab for major power conferences. 8 allows in the G5 slobs to get their hands on the pie. After the PAC was perpetually screwed and undefeated P5 teams were excluded they felt some heat. Easy fix..B1G guts the PAC. Now the ACC is the weak sister and the snake is eating its tail. FSU was screwed because Alabama had no business moving into the 4 slot. They got lucky and beat Auburn on a prayer. Yet, somehow that doesn’t matter. Losers like Herbstreet and Finebaum are so in the tank it’s ridiculous. ESPN has so many conflicts of interest it’s criminal. The system is so biased and corrupted I’m glad to see their ten years of theft and greed blow up in their faces. I’m also not ok with a team doing everything they can do get screwed. All about money. Sickening.
So biased... They love to throw SOS around as if the SEC teams don't get inflated SOS because of their inflated rankings which they maintain by avoiding tough OOC games. When they do play one and lose, they find a way to make it not count. "We're a better team now" is the dumbest argument ever....

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
FSU is now considering not playing in the Orange Bowl as part of a boycott.....lol....they need to avoid the Orange Bowl because Georgia is going to prove on the scoreboard why FSU didn't belong in the CFP in the first place.

Reaction Score
Georgia is going to prove on the scoreboard why FSU didn't belong in the CFP in the first place.
FSU will beat GA.Then, predictably, GA will say they didn’t care enough to put up a fight. FSU’s D will come close to shutting out UGA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FSU will beat GA.Then, predictably, GA will say they didn’t care enough to put up a fight. FSU’s D will come close to shutting out UGA.
If that happens, it would be cool if they gave themselves a trophy that has UCF 2017 on it.

Reaction Score
I don't think FSU is one of the best. Having said that, they met every criteria previously used and in that sense, they were jobbed.

Reaction Score
I can understand people saying the SEC is the best conference and justifying it. However, the SEC just wasn’t that great this year. That’s the problem. They just didn’t have anything to work with to warrant leaving FSU out except an injury, that seems weak. The kids should be allowed to try and overcome that.

Reaction Score
"Essentially, you have the chair of the committee that not only determines the fate of numerous programs, but also the significant monetary fate of the sport, blaming FSU’s exclusion on the injury to Jordan Travis. The committee blamed Jordan Travis for breaking his leg."

"With the reasoning given by the committee, they’ve now set the precedent that they will leave a team out of the playoffs because of a star player being injured. The financial benefits to the school? The TV exposure and recruiting benefits? The incredible experience for the players and coaches? All of that now falls on a young man, or young men, who had bad injury luck. Let’s hope that they have strong support systems around them, because this is the kind of stuff that can result in tragedy."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"Essentially, you have the chair of the committee that not only determines the fate of numerous programs, but also the significant monetary fate of the sport, blaming FSU’s exclusion on the injury to Jordan Travis. The committee blamed Jordan Travis for breaking his leg."
This is laugh-out-loud funny if you ask me. If the guy didn't get hurt, they would have come up with another reason. FSU not getting selected is the only good thing about this CFB season.

Reaction Score
Eventually...when the big split occurs...the championship may reflect the NFL model..

No committee, no losses and you are out, no dropping a team because players are injured...none of that happens in the NFL. (and less chance of controversy like the current Corrigan's (the head of the Selection Committee) brother is the ESPN Vice President of Production. None of that...just win baby, win.

It may be played out on the field like the NFL...Divisions like the AFC and NFC...with each of those subdivided into four team pods (or subdivisions)...AFC East, West, North, South, etc.

Win your pod, win your match up with other pod winner, win your division, play for the championship.

Reaction Score

"With the reasoning given by the committee, they’ve now set the precedent that they will leave a team out of the playoffs because of a star player being injured. The financial benefits to the school? The TV exposure and recruiting benefits? The incredible experience for the players and coaches? All of that now falls on a young man, or young men, who had bad injury luck. Let’s hope that they have strong support systems around them, because this is the kind of stuff that can result in tragedy."

This is ever so slightly over the top! I’m of the opinion that ESPN wanted Alabama and if FSU got in the way, they are collateral damage. Honestly, I thought Texas was out the door because they would take a 13-0 team, and other that Alabama, Texas didn’t beat anybody but I guessed wrong on that. Had things been reversed, and Alabama lost its quarterback who thinks we wouldn’t read about how brilliant Bama had been to pull off a huge win with a backup?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
They got jobbed. They were still able to beat a ranked LCC with the 3rd stringer, and the 2nd stringer will be back by the playoffs. I can only assume that the other 21 starters on the team must be for the committee to put so much importance on that one player.
Someone up above said that it's not a playoff, it's an invitational. So name it as such and call it a day. P2 Invitational.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
This is ever so slightly over the top! I’m of the opinion that ESPN wanted Alabama and if FSU got in the way, they are collateral damage. Honestly, I thought Texas was out the door because they would take a 13-0 team, and other that Alabama, Texas didn’t beat anybody but I guessed wrong on that. Had things been reversed, and Alabama lost its quarterback who thinks we wouldn’t read about how brilliant Bama had been to pull off a huge win with a backup?
Would have been easier for them to take the three undefeated and then Bama if not for the inconvenient head-head result... WWE level sports entertainment.

Reaction Score
I can understand people saying the SEC is the best conference and justifying it. However, the SEC just wasn’t that great this year. That’s the problem. They just didn’t have anything to work with to warrant leaving FSU out except an injury, that seems weak. The kids should be allowed to try and overcome that.
SEC people can prove they are the best conference pretty easily... Schedule big games and win them in the non-conference. They did that right? Oh wait they actually lost the big matchups this year.... bama texas, miami am, lsu florida state..... There have been years that the SEC was dominant but this year they lose the big ones

Reaction Score
The kid from FSU broke it 2 (or 3?) games ago. The committee knows how they did without him. That's what they judged on. The fact that it opened the door for the SEC was just a bonus.

Reaction Score
Well it doesn’t look that way right now… Georgia has exposed ACC Football for what it is - Overrated and it’s 28-3 and well before halftime.

These teams are nowhere close - talent level. Florida St might have been overrated.

With Syracuse getting embarrassed by USF this is not a good look for the ACC.

With all the key players skipping these bowls makes you wonder why all the hype for these things.. back ups vs back ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom