Was at Bridgeport game couple of game thoughts | The Boneyard

Was at Bridgeport game couple of game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the lineup changes--moreso for the guys who have come off the bench now--Nolan and Calhoun--as they look like they are playing with less over their heads--and more effectively the last 2 games--which helps us.

Shabazz Napier needs to play fundamental basketball and stop with so many homerun plays. Take good shots SHOOT 2-3 THREES EVERY game to spread the floor for everyone else!

Still believe D Daniels needs to play up to his talent and he is just not--he could be great

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Daniels seems like he's going to be stuck in that tweener 4/3 role. The thing that holds him back in my opinion is his terrible handle. He's not really strong enough yet to bang in the post so he really needs to develop some better go to moves to be able to beat his defender off the dribble. I cringe every time he tries that spin move...seen him get off balance and/or hand the ball to the other team too many times.

I agree he does have the potential, but he needs to work on refining one part of his game (handle or low post) before he can be a more consistent contributor to this team

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Daniels seems like he's going to be stuck in that tweener 4/3 role. The thing that holds him back in my opinion is his terrible handle. He's not really strong enough yet to bang in the post so he really needs to develop some better go to moves to be able to beat his defender off the dribble. I cringe every time he tries that spin move...seen him get off balance and/or hand the ball to the other team too many times.

I agree he does have the potential, but he needs to work on refining one part of his game (handle or low post) before he can be a more consistent contributor to this team

Daniels doesn't have the face up game to put the ball on the floor against 3's. The "stretch" part of his 3/4 combo is that he can roll off of screens and pop out for the 3 pointer or hit it as a trailer on the break.

Where Daniels can be effective with the dribble is when he gets a 4 on his back from 10-12 feet- that tweener area between the block and the 3 point line. From there Daniels only needs one strong, assertive dribble to get in the lane and hit his jump hook or runner.

Being a stretch 4 or 3/4 hybrid doesn't mean you have to excel at every skill of both those positions. It means you have some (ideally enough) skills to exploit the given defensive sets at both of those positions. Good enough to exploits the PF's defensive weakness and good enough to exploit the SF's defensive weakness.

Reaction Score
Daniels doesn't have the face up game to put the ball on the floor against 3's. The "stretch" part of his 3/4 combo is that he can roll off of screens and pop out for the 3 pointer or hit it as a trailer on the break.

Where Daniels can be effective with the dribble is when he gets a 4 on his back from 10-12 feet- that tweener area between the block and the 3 point line. From there Daniels only needs one strong, assertive dribble to get in the lane and hit his jump hook or runner.

Being a stretch 4 or 3/4 hybrid doesn't mean you have to excel at every skill of both those positions. It means you have some (ideally enough) skills to exploit the given defensive sets at both of those positions. Good enough to exploits the PF's defensive weakness and good enough to exploit the SF's defensive weakness.
I'm not saying he has to excel at both, but it would be a huge help for the team if he could excel at one or the other.

Good points though. Agree that he should minimize how much he puts the ball on the floor

Reaction Score
Shabazz's version of a heat check is some silly or no-look pass. It almost never works. But if it takes a little bad mustard to keep him happy and playing with attitude, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom