Warde Speaks: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warde Speaks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you say debunked do you mean you think because Weist says he's calling all the plays he actually is?

Yes... can they be vetoed by PP, sure, but I believe that Weist is being given the authority to make the majority of offense play calls. You don't have to agree but the question has been directly answered by the man himself more than once and until other factual proof is presented - it's a dead issue in my mind (again - people need to make up their own mind).

Reaction Score
Play calling conspiracy has not been debunked. TJ basically confirmed we have play calling by committee, he just said it a way that doesn't make P look bad, which is smart on his part.

A majority of team have the same process (feedback/suggestions by coordinators) - have you ever listened to play call through headseats during a game (not being a smart ).

Reaction Score
If I were going to bet money on how this goes down he is either notified he will be fired after the 7th loss of the season OR immediately after the Rutgers game..staff is notified they Are free to persue employment elsewhere and will be able to interview with the new HC. I see a whole new staff top to bottom here by the middle of Dec.
The interesting thing about Manuel's remarks is this: Will the beat guys blow this off and continue to circle their wagons around Pasqualoni and company (minus Kevin Duffy and Jeff Jacobs)...or will they finally call a spade a spade? I am going with the circle their wagons theory.

Reaction Score
If it was a season long leash he would have no need to say this...none...

should circumstances change and I need to do something different I reserve the right to do that

I read that to mean, if we just continue to lose, but keep it somewhat respectible, than he is gone close to the end of the season. If there is an implosion and "circumstances change" from just being god awful to the laughingstock of college football, or he catches PP and GDL in ladies evening wear on the sideline, than Warde is going to get all rockstar and take care of some biz-ness.......he isnt going to launch him now, he just isnt. Read the overall tenor of the interview, it sure talks about the end of the season evaluation more than a single throw away line that amounts to an escape hatch if it gets even worse. It is like changing the song the band is playing as the Titanic sinks, a change now does not change the overall outcome. Might make people feel better, but it wont get you any extra W's. Saban couldnt do much with this mess, and some assistant is going to turn it around midseason after going 0-3 at home to start? Not happening.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Those quotes sound a lot more like someone who has a season long leash for PP than a guy who is going to fire him in 4 days. He is throwing the fanbase a bone by saying he shares the frustration. As much as I think PP is just damaging the program by the day, I dont think Warde feels there is any gain to bin PP now.

"Pasqualoni is in the third year of a five year contract and has a $750,000 buyout if relieved of duties before Jan. 1, 2014." It will be a the end of the season with feelers going out sooner.

Reaction Score
You all do realize, the way decisions have been made at UConn of late, that interim coaches initials will rhyme with GDL....... ;)

For the uninformed or uncreative or just plain dumb folk like me, huh? Whatcha mean?

Reaction Score
I read that to mean, if we just continue to lose, but keep it somewhat respectible, than he is gone close to the end of the season. If there is an implosion and "circumstances change" from just being god awful to the laughingstock of college football, or he catches PP and GDL in ladies evening wear on the sideline, than Warde is going to get all rockstar and take care of some biz-ness.......he isnt going to launch him now, he just isnt. Read the overall tenor of the interview, it sure talks about the end of the season evaluation more than a single throw away line that amounts to an escape hatch if it gets even worse. It is like changing the song the band is playing as the Titanic sinks, a change now does not change the overall outcome. Might make people feel better, but it wont get you any extra W's. Saban couldnt do much with this mess, and some assistant is going to turn it around midseason after going 0-3 at home to start? Not happening.

What size would PP be? I'll run out to Ann Taylor and pick up something real sharp tonight on my dime.:) Just trying to be helpful.

Reaction Score
"Pasqualoni is in the third year of a five year contract and has a $750,000 buyout if relieved of duties before Jan. 1, 2014." It will be a the end of the season with feelers going out sooner.

Would the school save $300,000 by firing P now? He makes roughly $30K (guessing on my part) per week on his base salary. Fire him 10 weeks early and save $300,000? The buyout has to be paid no matter when they fire him this year.

Plus if you fire him and the team rally's that would result in better attendance and more money.

Reaction Score
We are reading tea leafs folks. Only Warde knows what Warde will do. Could be a bone or it could be a real signal. I think if they play a credible game, no axe falls. If they look like keystone cops again, he has to do something because this eventually comes back on him for not doing anything. The only way you salvage the fan base for next season if we get destroyed is by creating a flicker of hope, which means a change. If we waits out the season there are going to be a lot of burned seasoned ticketholders with total deflation. Best to start rebuilding now, turn a page and start a new story of hope.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault@EdDaigneault19m
Programming note: beat guys cover the teams, not opine on whether coaches should be fired. Columnists do that. There's a difference.

Reaction Score
Yup. Agree with this reading. As long as we don't get blown out of the building by Buffalo, or win 8 straight I guess, the Pasqualoni regime ends in December.

Reaction Score
Programming note: beat guys cover the teams, not opine on whether coaches should be fired. Columnists do that. There's a difference.
Beat guys also call a spade a spade...like I said earlier the horde is circling up their wagons!

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Do it Warde! Axe the Dead Weight on this program!! WooT WooT! .....PP:eek:!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

That is not much money.

Its more important we get the right guy and that means being able to move in early Dec. One month makes a difference.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
stash-1-50ec714e025f7.gif
I prefer the Kate Upton Cat Daddy Dance... or should I save it till PP is gone?? Decisions , Decisions LOL!

Reaction Score
We are reading tea leafs folks. Only Warde knows what Warde will do. Could be a bone or it could be a real signal. I think if they play a credible game, no axe falls. If they look like keystone cops again, he has to do something because this eventually comes back on him for not doing anything. The only way you salvage the fan base for next season if we get destroyed is by creating a flicker of hope, which means a change. If we waits out the season there are going to be a lot of burned seasoned ticketholders with total deflation. Best to start rebuilding now, turn a page and start a new story of hope.
Much as I wish he would make a switch, I agree with Wall Street husky. The problem with switching right now is it probably doesn't change much and maybe it makes things worse. Next year is going to flow from the new head coach and how much excitement he generates in the community and elsewhere. If he's exciting and creates some buzz, maybe throws gatorade bottles at guys who screw up during the spring game, things like that, creates hope, season tix will be fine. If he wins a few games early over all ticket sales will come back nicely. To be perfectly honest, I would like to see what a Steve Addazzio type or an aggressive head coach would do with this team. I think it could bounce back reasonably quickly, if not all the way, at least to respectability.

Reaction Score
Poor Ruskin. Play calling conspiracy essentially debunked and now Warde speaks... what to do, what to do.
(relax, lighten up, just having fun with ya - really)

explain 'debunked'. A couple of reporters got spoon-fed some quotes from a nice guy who doesn't want to be blamed for ending another nice guy's career. big whoop. Look at the uconnblog play calling analysis, medic. Weist didn't bring that here with him.

Reaction Score
Charlie Harper: " When I say "I understand", it doesn't mean I agree. It doesn't mean I understand. It doesn't even mean I'm listening to you." . . . . .Alan: Why do you always say "I understand" Charlie: "I don't know, it seems to make everybody feel good."

Reaction Score

Real beat guys who are on their toes also follow up with a coach who said he was having fun at the end of a loss to A) do a Ted Koppel to Al Campanis and give him a chance to take it back and then B) explain why losing is fun. Neither happened yesterday.

Reaction Score
explain 'debunked'. A couple of reporters got spoon-fed some quotes from a nice guy who doesn't want to be blamed for ending another nice guy's career. big whoop. Look at the uconnblog play calling analysis, medic. Weist didn't bring that here with him.

Sure he did... You are seeing plays run that UConn has never run before and AC@ UConn Blog points that out multiple times in each of the film reviews.

Yeah, sure, TJW is worried about ending PP career. Aren't you the one who keeps pointing out that TJW' wasn't PP's choice and was handpicked by WM? If true, with that kind of backing - he can say whatever he wants. Hell, WM might even use him as a messenger. You can't have both sides of th argument. ;)

It's easy to keep advancing the conspiracy theory based on previous Cuse experience and the "what do you expect him to say" concept but my eyes and ears are telling me differently. We may never know the answer...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
TJ is going to say the right things. He's going to be interviewing in the offseason. Pretty sure why did you complain to the media about your boss doesn't go over well in those spots....

Reaction Score
TJ is going to say the right things. He's going to be interviewing in the offseason. Pretty sure why did you complain to the media about your boss doesn't go over well in those spots....

So now TJW is the fall guy?

i get your argument but there are ways to get the message across with plausible deniability.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So now TJW is the fall guy?

i get your argument but there are ways to get the message across with plausible deniability.

Whats the benefit. He's not a fall guy he's just going to stay in line. That's what professionals do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom