Warde Speaks: | The Boneyard

Warde Speaks:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Let me help :cool:

EdDaigneault 1:54pm via TweetDeck
Manuel says he would prefer to evaluate coaches' performance at end of year, but reserves right to make changes at any time.

I just got a little giddy.

Do it Warde. You owe it to the seniors on the team who deserve better than a field goal return to the 10 or play calling by committee and no aggressiveness on defense and continued confusion on the offensive line.

Give the players a chance. PRESS RESET ON THE SEASON NEXT WEEK. There is no downside and a huge upside to making a move.

The fans have your back.

"What must be done eventually should be done immediately"

Reaction Score
Again, how about... "I understand and share fan frustration. I have only one objective in mind which is building a winning national level program. I can assure you I will do whatever is necessary to put us on a path to success. We have built a reputation as a successful program in a remarkably short period of time, and I will not allow us to jeopardize the great work done by our predecessors. UConn is a top 25 national public university, and our sports programs will compete and perform at the same level. We have one direction only - forward and we will return to winning. I expect nothing less from myself and all those in our program. Stay tuned and keep the faith folks. Good things are coming."

Reaction Score
desmondconner 2:17pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel on coaching change: "My policy is, and my preference is to wait until the end of the season to evaluate coaches ...con't

desmondconner 2:20pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "...should circumstances change and I need to do something different I reserve the right to do that but ...

desmondconner 2:21pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "...my focus is to support our coaches and student athletes throughout the season and to evaluate it and make any ...more

desmondconner 2:23pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "...decisions that are necessary or tweaks or changes at the end of any season so right now my mode is to support ...more

desmondconner 2:25pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "... their efforts and what they're doing on the field and the needs that they have ..." more

desmondconner 2:27pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "...and not to focus on beyond that at this point and time."

desmondconner 2:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel on struggling football team: "...I understand the fanbase's frustration. I'm frustrated. The team is frustrated.... More

desmondconner 2:32pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel: "...the coaches are frustrated with where we are right now and they're working hard to make it better..." More

desmondconner 2:34pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel: "...that's our focus right now, that's my focus as I look at it but I definitely understand why the fans are frustrated."

Reaction Score
Setting the stage to drop the axe. Publicly stating he can make changes at anytime and he understands the fans frustration. Not exactly a vote of confidence from the boss

I believe you are spot on. If this game is ugly for us, we could have an interim coach next week.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Setting the stage to drop the axe. Publicly stating he can make changes at anytime and he understands the fans frustration. Not exactly a vote of confidence from the boss
A vote of confidence is not exactly a vote of confidence either. How many coaches survive the end of the season following the public VOC?

Reaction Score
You all do realize, the way decisions have been made at UConn of late, that interim coaches initials will rhyme with GDL....... ;)

Reaction Score
There is no vote of confidence here what-so-ever. I think he is as good as gone, barring some absurd turn around on the season. Would love to see PP canned after this game and Weist given the Ollie treatment for the rest of the season. Let's face it, there is no recruiting momentum to ruin like in basketball, there is no downside to him getting an audition. I want to see what the rest of these coaches can do without the PP/GDL geezer umbrella.

Reaction Score
desmondconner 2:17pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel on coaching change: "My policy is, and my preference is to wait until the end of the season to evaluate coaches ...con't

desmondconner 2:20pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "...should circumstances change and I need to do something different I reserve the right to do that but ...

desmondconner 2:21pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "...my focus is to support our coaches and student athletes throughout the season and to evaluate it and make any ...more

desmondconner 2:23pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "...decisions that are necessary or tweaks or changes at the end of any season so right now my mode is to support ...more

desmondconner 2:25pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "... their efforts and what they're doing on the field and the needs that they have ..." more

desmondconner 2:27pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel "...and not to focus on beyond that at this point and time."

desmondconner 2:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel on struggling football team: "...I understand the fanbase's frustration. I'm frustrated. The team is frustrated.... More

desmondconner 2:32pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel: "...the coaches are frustrated with where we are right now and they're working hard to make it better..." More

desmondconner 2:34pm via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn AD Manuel: "...that's our focus right now, that's my focus as I look at it but I definitely understand why the fans are frustrated."

Those quotes sound a lot more like someone who has a season long leash for PP than a guy who is going to fire him in 4 days. He is throwing the fanbase a bone by saying he shares the frustration. As much as I think PP is just damaging the program by the day, I dont think Warde feels there is any gain to bin PP now.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Gotta replace HH as DC too... that's not working out either, but that move can be made next year...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hmm, I highly doubt P gets canned after Michigan just for the sheer fact I don't think they'd pullthe trigger. Not sure how anyone after seeing our offense the past two games is ready to hand it off to Weist either. That being said, I'm sure Weist could manage the clock better and how much worse could he really be?

What's far more likely is that P is fired before Rutgers or Memphis and the coaching search starts immediately.

Amazing that 4 straight 8 win seasons (with one 9 in there) has turned into 5,5, and likely 2 or 3st literally the worst possible time in our schools athletic history.

Reaction Score
Why do people want Weist as the intermin coach? You just heard it from himself that he calls the plays... I'd rather have DJ Joey coach.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anyone have the .gif of the Carlton dance?
stash-1-50ec714e025f7.gif

Reaction Score
Poor Ruskin. Play calling conspiracy essentially debunked and now Warde speaks... what to do, what to do.
(relax, lighten up, just having fun with ya - really)

Reaction Score
Those quotes sound a lot more like someone who has a season long leash for PP than a guy who is going to fire him in 4 days. He is throwing the fanbase a bone by saying he shares the frustration. As much as I think PP is just damaging the program by the day, I dont think Warde feels there is any gain to bin PP now.

If it was a season long leash he would have no need to say this...none...

should circumstances change and I need to do something different I reserve the right to do that

Reaction Score
Poor Ruskin. Play calling conspiracy essentially debunked and now Warde speaks... what to do, what to do.
(relax, lighten up, just having fun with ya - really)

When you say debunked do you mean you think because Weist says he's calling all the plays he actually is?

Reaction Score
Poor Ruskin. Play calling conspiracy essentially debunked and now

Play calling conspiracy has not been debunked. TJ basically confirmed we have play calling by committee, he just said it a way that doesn't make P look bad, which is smart on his part.

Reaction Score
You all do realize, the way decisions have been made at UConn of late, that interim coaches initials will rhyme with GDL....... ;)
Eat Me!!!!!!!!! Meaning No Disrespect but please no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom