warde speaks... | The Boneyard

warde speaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The unedited version...
"We have and will continue to monitor the situation regarding conference realignment... Hold on. Yeah, I'll take 1 Boston Creme, 1 Glazed, and a Crueller for dessert... Oh and give me one of those low fat pumpkin muffins. As I was saying, work to ensure that UConn is in the best position for the continued success of our athletic programs..."

I will be the happiest person if I'm wrong, but can people now admit WM is over his head here?

Reaction Score
As a fan of the Dunkin Donut Pumpkin muffin I know that they are not made in a low fat version. Don't minimize Wardes breakfast routine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I will be the happiest person if I'm wrong, but can people now admit WM is over his head here?

I am willing to admit that I very, very worried about that. And I am starting to worry if Suzie is too much of a big picture person. She's got the vision thing down pat. She acts implement her vision (e.g., firing of under performers) but she may be weak tactically. The nitty gritty of conference realignment is a dirty world. She may not be at her best in the trenches.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You really think this has anything to do with Warde? Enough Already, its not like whatever Warde did or didn't do caused where we are at now.
Do you think Jurich has anything to do with ville getting in to the ACC? If so, I think we can assign some blame to the AD of the school that was passed over

Reaction Score
You really think this has anything to do with Warde? Enough Already, its not like whatever Warde did or didn't do caused where we are at now.
I don't care... All I know is the s- h- i- t hit the fan big time. And I need to blame someone. That's what I do.

While i fully accept my blaming is a fault, I really hate people who react to troubling times with extreme indifference. As if the issue will go away if they don't acknowledge it. And then point their fingers at the blamers like we're the issue.

Maybe if people like noeynox and fishy would stop saying 'enough already' and trying to ignore the issues, we wouldn't be in this mess. ;)

Reaction Score
SH and WM jumped into a frying pan without having the benefit of being around when the smoke......then fire started.

Its hard to put out a blazing grease fire......ask any fireman. Its something made worse if you try to douse the flames with water.

I hope we're not asking for a miracle.......but these two weren't around the previous 10 years.......if so I have confidence things may have been different in 2003 going foward.

Blame those before them.......league and UConn. None of them ..........forget it!

Reaction Score
Do you think Jurich has anything to do with ville getting in to the ACC? If so, I think we can assign some blame to the AD of the school that was passed over
Jurich had a 15-year head start positioning his school running circles around Hathaway. Can't pin that on WM.
But Warde doesn't help himself by allowing JH's biggest mistake to fester as Pasqualoni repeats the end to his Syracuse career here

Reaction Score
I do. But if you must blame an AD, look at his predecessor. Warde AND Herbst booth looked terrible being in Virgin Islands while Juruch and the Ville president BOTH lobbied for the acc invite in the media.

The BB onlies were going to split when PITT AND SU bolted. This was discussed ad nauseum last year. Reality is smacking us that we are the last ones on the titanic. The only thinf keeping them on board was the potential of a good payout. That has gone bye bye now so why would they stay?

I don't think Wards is exceptional but to blame him for where we are today is scape goating him.

Reaction Score
WM and SH do deserve a lot of blame for where UCONN is b/c they did not do an all hands on deck deal when the ACC opportunity came up recently. It should have been a complete marshalling of all resources to do a full court press on SELLING UCONN and all that it brings now and going forward. They did nothing of the sort. They sat around USVI and monitored and called some Presidents and ADs (not all of them) and expected that they woud be chosen. Louisville kept fighting and clawing and SELLING and Jurich did a masterful job. Jurich is the single biggest reason why they are in the ACC now.

WM has done absolutely NOTHING POSITIVE in his time here so far. He has screwed up the BBALL sport with Ollie b/c he hasn;t given him a 3+ year deal; we've lost recruits as a result and our 2013 class is by historical standards, somewhat weak. He has screwed up the FBHC spot by not replacing HCPP or demanding that there be big changes on the offensive side of the ball. Its ridiculous that our offense has sucked for years now. When Warde had the opportunity to shine, he has failed miserably. He's in way over his head here and its really hurting UCONN big time. The only ones to benefit from WM being at UCONN are WM and each of our competitors for ACC/BIG10 spots.

BTW, McFatty has a DAILY STANDING ORDER for an assortment of 2 DOZEN donuts, cruellers, muffins, bow-ties, and danishes. He doesn;t need to place an order, they have his daily regime and dietary requirements memorized at Dunkin Donuts. I have it on good authority (inside info), that McFatty has added the new RED VELVET donuts to his order as these are truly delicious.

Reaction Score
The donut angle still hasn't gotten old for you, Marty?

Seriously, if you're going to make fun of something as easy as someone's weight at least be creative enough to change up the food from time to time.

Reaction Score
I think Warde has taken the tactic of ignoring a problem long enough that it goes away. He has been monitoring the conference realignment situation for a while now. Once we no longer have a conference, there will be nothing to monitor. Problem solved.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Warde probably wishes he stayed at Buffalo right now

he could do nothing there and people would still be happy

Reaction Score
I disagree. I think people underestimate the damage done by Blumenthal, Calhoun, and Hathaway.

And I think the ACC voted to keep FSU and Clemson, not to add Ville. You need to understand the perception of UConn away from CT - it ain't great. Heck, you don't have to leave the state to test the perception of UConn outside of Central CT. And while PP hasn't helped, another 2 years of 8-4 under an Edsall type would not have swung the vote. If you think it would have, then you are smoking something funny.

And I think giving Ollie a deal in 12 would have been a mistake - remember how WV reacted after winning the Orange Bowl w/o Rich Rod? You don't make emotional decisions around interim coaches. I think Ollie has been terrific, but I am fine making sure we make the right hire before we make the quick hire. But I also feel he will get a contract soon.

I am ok w/having the AD work quietly in the background and not shouting look at me for a few bloggers to say, hey, we got our butts kicked but we tried. No one knows the lengths to which folks are working behind the scenes. I give you credit for saying I'm mad, and therefore I am going to blame someone. But i think the blame is misplaced.

I actually like that they focus on the hings they control - upgrading academic standing, plowing $ in to athletics - and don't publicly flail themselves over things they can not control.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I disagree. I think people underestimate the damage done by Blumenthal, Calhoun, and Hathaway.

And I think the ACC voted to keep FSU and Clemson, not to add Ville. You need to understand the perception of UConn away from CT - it ain't great. Heck, you don't have to leave the state to test the perception of UConn outside of Central CT. And while PP hasn't helped, another 2 years of 8-4 under an Edsall type would not have swung the vote. If you think it would have, then you are smoking something funny.

And I think giving Ollie a deal in 12 would have been a mistake - remember how WV reacted after winning the Orange Bowl w/o Rich Rod? You don't make emotional decisions around interim coaches. I think Ollie has been terrific, but I am fine making sure we make the right hire before we make the quick hire. But I also feel he will get a contract soon.

I am ok w/having the AD work quietly in the background and not shouting look at me for a few bloggers to say, hey, we got our butts kicked but we tried. No one knows the lengths to which folks are working behind the scenes. I give you credit for saying I'm mad, and therefore I am going to blame someone. But i think the blame is misplaced.

I actually like that they focus on the hings they control - upgrading academic standing, plowing $ in to athletics - and don't publicly flail themselves over things they can not control.

Excellent post.

Reaction Score

Agree 100%, and note that most of the posts that disagree contain nothing other than cliches and one-line digs.

Reaction Score

The bigger problem here is that this is a circular world. Without a big time home for our athletic teams, big donors and the state won't be plowing money into athletics. Recruiting and on the field results suffer and the money gap will just keep getting bigger.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Agree 100%, and note that most of the posts that disagree contain nothing other than cliches and one-line digs.

It's all we have left.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Don't forget ad-hominem attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22