Warde Manuel vs. Lew Perkins | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel vs. Lew Perkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I pose the following question to those 'yarders who feel that our AD and Leadership is not to blame for this colossal screw-up.

If Lew Perkins is UCONN's AD instead of Warde Manuel, do you think that we would be in the ACC and not in this clusterfu_k situation?

Answer: There is NO WAY in the world Lew would have ever gotten out manuevered or out sold in an ACC bid. He would have been OUT FRONT on this with a CLEAR STRATEGY and GAMEPLAN.

Lew would not be MONITORING the situation. Instead he would have been SELLING and ACTIVELY WORKING behind the scenes to CLOSE THE DEAL. Never a chance that he would have been caught flatfooted and CLUELESS. In fact, if Lew were the AD here, we would have been in the ACC right there with 'CUSE. That the kind of LEADERSHIP that UCONN NEEDS @ the AD position.

The stakes are too big for on the job training with a newby McFatty.

Question is, are we going to learn from this situation and make the necessary changes @ AD and Football coach or not? If we don;t get our together, don;t be surprised if we don;t get outmanuevered next time by Cincy, USF, or UCF.

We never learned from the prior ACC raid and instead hired McFatty with all hios experience leading ...............................................Buffalo. WTF? We need a strong, experienced, CONNECTED and knowledgeable LEADER at the AD spot. We need the Anti Manuel.

Reaction Score
Mr. Fix it would have had us in the ACC.

Warde is standing there with his thumb up his arse with powered sugar around his mouth.
WM is in way over his head with this job.

Somebody wake me uup when Warde actually does something.

Reaction Score
I know people are all over Warde, and he makes enough money to deserve some heat, but it was a tough spot. He's been here a year - even if he schmoozes all the other AD's all day long, he's still relatively new here and doesn't carry the cache yet (I can hear another AD with a long tenure thinking "why should I believe you? You've only been there a year."). I'm more angry at the folks who came before - they were dealt a terrific hand (twin national titles in 2004, a much-better-than-expected football program moving into the Big East, and a state of the art training complex on the way), and didn't do much of anything to keep the place improving. All we have left from their era is Pasqualoni and probation.

Reaction Score
If Manuel has failed to impress us - the diehard fans of UConn athletics - how in the world is he impressing his peers in the ACC?

Apples and oranges all you want but the athletic director is a public facing position. I big part of his job is to communicate with and energize the fan base.

Reaction Score
Please explain.
We will continue to continue to "monitor" the situation...it doesn't feel right as a hashtag to me if its broken up into multiple words. Sorry for the jumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom