Warde Manuel should be fired | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel should be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm quite certain there's some gray area between "Warde Manuel should be fired" (the title of the thread) and "Congratulations for doing what was obvious and necessary".

But I don't know everything, unlike some here who obviously have inside information regarding Manuel's authority when it comes to making multi-million dollar head coaching decisions.

90% of us called it correct with respect to PP for a long while. For all we know, Manuel wanted to make a move but couldn't. It's a far more reasonable assumption than to assume he has total control over the program and decided to do nothing until today.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm curious. The people who were ready to can Manuel....what did you think he meant by the word "unacceptable"?

I'm pretty sure he's said losing is unacceptable a few times over the last couple of seasons

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I would have tempered my criticism had I seen yesterday's presser (or something like it) before I posted. We may be alright with Warde, and now that PP is gone I feel like my blood pressure is back under control.

Most importantly, I am happy to learn that he has been meeting with Burton. This is by far the biggest news of the week - we have a billionaire back on board willing to fund our overtures to other conferences.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I've called it correct with respect to PP for a long while, and I'm not impressed with Manuel. Big deal. You can disagree. I've also stated that TJ will get the job done. Mark my words. I just don't see the need to congratulate a guy for doing what was obvious and over due.
That's reasonable, but it's one thing to be Winston Wolf and say "I'm not impressed, let's not start sucking each other's d***s yet" and another to call repeatedly for the AD to be fired because he is doing his due dilligence instead of responding to fan's sentiments and emotions at the drop of a hat. Over the course of 2 1/3 seasons, yes those sentiments have proven to be correct. But the AD is running an athletics department, which is a kind of business, and in this business if you dump your CEO every two years you wind up like Blackberry. If you run a company on emotions and sentiments alone and not on data, you're not going to be successful. Maybe firing P in 2012 would have been fine and then UConn has no problems getting candidates, but there's also a chance it would have damaged the job and made it less attractive to the best possible coach. I think WM got Weist on board so he could evaluate him close-up, and he would not have hired Weist (a guy with no HC experience) to be HC last year. If Weist is successful in his audition, fine. If not, hire someone who can be successful.

In the meantime, perhaps the boneyarders should petition to have Warde fired anyway and then see who we can attract to be AD and who that AD can hire for football coach. You're not going to get Tim Pernetti to leave NYCFC for that situation. It screams dumpster fire not just of the football program but athletics department or even university-wide. On second thought, I love my university and I don't want that to happen.

Reaction Score
I am getting sick of hearing about ADWM playing football at the big house under Bo Shembechdfljhasdjh.... Getting as annoying as hearing Jessie Palmer constantly reminding people he played for Spurrier at Florida

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I would have tempered my criticism had I seen yesterday's presser (or something like it) before I posted. We may be alright with Warde, and now that PP is gone I feel like my blood pressure is back under control.

Most importantly, I am happy to learn that he has been meeting with Burton. This is by far the biggest news of the week - we have a billionaire back on board willing to fund our overtures to other conferences.
Yes, I hope the cynics watch at least a few minutes of the press conference. I think it should be pretty clear what the standards are at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom