Warde Manual Doesn't Care About Football* | The Boneyard

Warde Manual Doesn't Care About Football*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's avoiding making the decision by going to Germany to watch basketball.

If he really cared about football he'd be at East Hartford evaluating PP and GDL.

*I don't really believe this but someone was bound to start this thread.

Reaction Score
For someone who actually thinks this....WM is in kind of a no-win situation.

Opening game, military (usa) aspect, evaluating KO, etc...

I think he had to be here.

He has a television, im sure, so he wont miss the football game.

Reaction Score
Lakers just fired their HC after just 5 games. Just sayin'.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lakers just fired their HC after just 5 games. Just sayin'.

I don't think Mike Brown would do any better as Uconn's football coach than he did as the Lakers basketball coach.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't think Mike Brown would do any better as Uconn's football coach than he did as the Lakers basketball coach.

Also couldn't do any worse than the early bird we have currently employed as football coach, tonight (so far) excepted.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If he was in CT tonight rather than Germany, he should be fired immediately. It is not even a difficult decision and he made the right one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
HCPP's revenge

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
if chad made fg they'd be .500 with 2 to go

Reaction Score
If Blidi doesn't go out for one play also we beat NC State, too. And if Pitt makes short FG they beat ND and if........

Reaction Score
USF and Temple would be good wins to have in our pocket right now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Manuel is in completely over his head. He has two head coaching decisions to make, and both are easy. Keep one, fire the other.

This is nuts. He knows exactly what he is doing. He hasn't made any wrong moves yet. He will almost certainly extend KO after a suitable audition. And he will fire PP after the season when we have an opportunity to find a replacement. Firing him now would be pointless.

Reaction Score
He had a date with Suzie, & his wife didn't mind as long as she could go along for the ride on the Autobahn.;)

Reaction Score
I hope the chin diesel's first comment is meant to be sarcasm...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i dont think u cn judge warde on how much he cares by going to germany. its a 1 off thing thats extremely special to uconnin more ways then just goign then and all that jazz. its all KOs first game and while fball will one day drive the bus here hoepfully in a big boy conf, our bball was what got us here. i am fine with warde going. but and i say buy, for warde to be 100% comfortable doing this, he must already have his mind made up fball wise on if move is going to happen or not. if he wa still thinking about it evaluting P in any way, then hes at the fball game figuring it out still. so in my mind he has his made up. this scares the out of me. the decision can be 4 different ones. fire p and d now. fire them later. fire d now only and keep p or leave everything as is for year 3 which is what some beat writers are claiming. the fact tht 2 of the 4 are out of the picuture only leave either year 3 of p and d or they are goners in my book. when i see him in germany i dont fault him at all for that trip, but it scare me that hes made his mind up and hes going with p for year 3. see what the drinking has done to me?

Reaction Score
This is nuts. He knows exactly what he is doing. He hasn't made any wrong moves yet. He will almost certainly extend KO after a suitable audition. And he will fire PP after the season when we have an opportunity to find a replacement. Firing him now would be pointless.

Hope you're right, particularly on the second move.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He's avoiding making the decision by going to Germany to watch basketball.

If he really cared about football he'd be at East Hartford evaluating PP and GDL.

*I don't really believe this but someone was bound to start this thread.

1) He was probably obligated to go to Germany for the pomp and circumstance accompanying any international contest...Plus it's Germany!!!
2) He probably already has his strategy for the winter mapped out.

My guess is he does not allow Coach Pasqualoni to renew Coach Deleone's contract (Assistants are normally year to year.). He will then have a heavy hand in the selection process of a new offensive coordinator.
He extends Ollie at some point toward the end of January/beginning of February timeframe.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't believe the trip to Germany was an obligation for Warde (or Susan). Each was likely told that they could take the trip on the school's dime or stay in Storrs and take the trip to East Hartford for the Piit game.

I know what I would have chosen.

Reaction Score
Manuel is in completely over his head. He has two head coaching decisions to make, and both are easy. Keep one, fire the other.

Wait until you're in the end zone before you spike the football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom