Wahab commits to Georgetown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wahab commits to Georgetown

Reaction Score
Heard are recruiting class is currently ranked 79th? That true? How is that possible with akok gaffney and bouknight? I thought we were top 30 already losing Kofi was a killer.

Reaction Score
Why does it always seem like we never get commits in these types of situations? I guess what im trying to say is whenever somebody commits to UConn, its pretty much common knowledge and almost expected. Whenever a kid sets a date for an announcement and we are in the dark about where he will choose, we never get a surprise that its UConn. Recruits like Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, and Malik Abu come to mind in situations like that.

Reaction Score
Why does it always seem like we never get commits in these types of situations. I guess what im trying to say is whenever somebody commits to UConn, its pretty much common knowledge and almost expected. Whenever a kid sets a date for an announcement and we are in the dark about where he will choose, we never get a surprise that its UConn. Recruits like Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, and Malik Abu come to mind in situations like that.

DeAndre Daniels off the top of my head.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
IIRC Durham got collectively "next"ed because he didn't commit while on his visit.

Reaction Score
Why does it always seem like we never get commits in these types of situations? I guess what im trying to say is whenever somebody commits to UConn, its pretty much common knowledge and almost expected. Whenever a kid sets a date for an announcement and we are in the dark about where he will choose, we never get a surprise that its UConn. Recruits like Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, and Malik Abu come to mind in situations like that.
It is strange. Any kid who gives an announcement date or press conference and it's pretty much time to stop paying attention. This one wasn't much of a surprise though.

Reaction Score
So I guess we are going to keep running an honest clean program?? Will be pretty hard for Hurley to recruit, especially in the American.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We need to formulate a better strategy for landing bigs. Playing in a weak conference combined with having a reputation as a guard school and a guard friendly coach probably makes it impossible to land 4 or 5 Star bigs that aren’t from the immediate area and there aren’t enough of them in the immediate area. I say look more heavily at the international pool.

Reaction Score
For car people

1548891378101.jpeg

Reaction Score
No one needs to do anything.

We have a top 20 recruiting class coming off an absolute car crash year(s). That’s pretty good. Didn’t get all we wanted but still two pieces on the board and grad transfers so onto that.

Reaction Score
So as of now there is no one to replace Carlton in 2 years. I know I’m getting way ahead of myself here but that’s a bit concerning.

Reaction Score
We need to formulate a better strategy for landing bigs. Playing in a weak conference combined with having a reputation as a guard school and a guard friendly coach probably makes it impossible to land 4 or 5 Star bigs that aren’t from the immediate area and there aren’t enough of them in the immediate area. I say look more heavily at the international pool.
Yes, you nailed it. We have been whiffing on them for a long time now but isn’t everyone focused on the best international talent? I would assume that Hurley and staff are into this already.

Reaction Score
We don’t really even need a stud big man. Just a guy who is serviceable. Get some big euro goon or some international big who’s raw but plays like a savage. Just get somebody. Don’t care if he can’t score. Just someone who’s a presence down low on d . Is it really that hard? Don’t get it Maybe like a taller Yakwe or a smaller brimah with more killer instinct. Who cares. Just get something. Anything but what we have currently. How hard can this be ?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We don’t really even need a stud big man. Just a guy who is serviceable. Get some big euro goon or some international big who’s raw but plays like a savage. Just get somebody. Don’t care if he can’t score. Just someone who’s a presence down low on d . Is it really that hard? Don’t get it Maybe like a taller Yakwe or a smaller brimah with more killer instinct. Who cares. Just get something. Anything but what we have currently. How hard can this be ?
go ahead go for it if you think its a piece of cake -sounds like you think the staff needs help
btw - Illini had a good recruiting class in 18 and with Kofi and 2 others this year they have a good nucleus and are in the final 3 for 2 4* right now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom