vs. ND Dec 5th | The Boneyard

vs. ND Dec 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Since this is the biggest home game of the season, and thus sold out (as was the game last year against #1 South Carolina), and thus is the hottest ticket in town,
there are four ways that you can score some tickets.
1. A scalper.
2. A ticket broker
3. Through Social media. Finding someone who has tickets that can't go (has an extra ticket), or is willing to sell them at "the right price" (good luck with that).
4. Dumb luck (don't count too heavily on this one).

Sonny44, you're not crazy. There are a lot more people that would love to attend that game, than the arena can hold. If the game was at the XL, it still would have sold out.
If I could only go to one game all year, this would be it! Good hunting my friend. May the basketball Gods be with you. :)

Reaction Score
Sonny, my suggestion based on the last few years is just drive up to the game and get there at least 45 minutes before the game. There will be plenty of tix available from the scalpers and season ticket holders who have extras and the prices are not typically too high. I find that this is the best way to get tickets whether you just want to get in or want very good seats. I find that excellent lower seats will typically run about $50-70 each for a BIG GAME like the ND game, although you can get uppers for $25-30 easily.

For last years SC game, my wife and I drove up in the snow from Mystic and shopped the scalpers for 20 minutes trying to find a pair of really good seats. Just as we were about to settle for some decent upper levels seats, a season ticket holder approached us and asked if we needed a couple tickets . For face value he sold us two tickets in the front row, center court directly behind Dave and Doris-the ESPN announcers. Ok, there may have been some dumb luck (Carnac's #4) involved, but I have never had a problem buying tickets 15-45 minutes before the game-good luck and enjoy what promises to be a very magical season!!!! Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
The UCONN site still lets you order season tix for the Gampel games for $160 + $5.00 fee + $10.00 tax = $175

Reaction Score
Sonny, my suggestion based on the last few years is just drive up to the game and get there at least 45 minutes before the game. There will be plenty of tix available from the scalpers and season ticket holders who have extras and the prices are not typically too high. I find that this is the best way to get tickets whether you just want to get in or want very good seats. I find that excellent lower seats will typically run about $50-70 each for a BIG GAME like the ND game, although you can get uppers for $25-30 easily.

For last years SC game, my wife and I drove up in the snow from Mystic and shopped the scalpers for 20 minutes trying to find a pair of really good seats. Just as we were about to settle for some decent upper levels seats, a season ticket holder approached us and asked if we needed a couple tickets . For face value he sold us two tickets in the front row, center court directly behind Dave and Doris-the ESPN announcers. Ok, there may have been some dumb luck (Carnac's #4) involved, but I have never had a problem buying tickets 15-45 minutes before the game-good luck and enjoy what promises to be a very magical season!!!! Go Huskies!!!
Definitely going to try that, thanks HuskyPhan.

Reaction Score
So far, that game does not appear on Stubhub, a reliable though costly way to get tix. And I don't think that single-game tickets have gone up for sale yet. I can't believe that Gampel is sold out with season ticketholders...

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Last year UConn's email sent out a sale for 3 home games...any 3 you could choose. That's how I ended up with SC tickets. Hoping maybe they could do it again? ND game would be a no brainer ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Since this is the biggest home game of the season, and thus sold out (as was the game last year against #1 South Carolina), and thus is the hottest ticket in town,
there are four ways that you can score some tickets.
1. A scalper.
2. A ticket broker
3. Through Social media. Finding someone who has tickets that can't go (has an extra ticket), or is willing to sell them at "the right price" (good luck with that).
4. Dumb luck (don't count too heavily on this one).

Sonny44, you're not crazy. There are a lot more people that would love to attend that game, than the arena can hold. If the game was at the XL, it still would have sold out.
If I could only go to one game all year, this would be it! Good hunting my friend. May the basketball Gods be with you. :)

I'm not soooo sure about that! Which day of the week and time is this game, nevermind... its on a Saturday but still not sure of a sell out at the XL Center. When was the last sell-out there?

Reaction Score
I'm not soooo sure about that! Which day of the week and time is this game, nevermind... its on a Saturday but still not sure of a sell out at the XL Center. When was the last sell-out there?

If they sell the XL Center out for that game, WOW, that would be impressive. According to the schedule the game is being played at Gampel.

Link

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc said:
I've been to a couple of sellouts at XL: vs. Baylor in February 2013 and for 89 in a row against Florida State December 2010. Duke last December wasn't a sellout, but attendance was excellent nonetheless.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I've been to a couple of sellouts at XL: vs. Baylor in February 2013 and for 89 in a row against Florida State December 2010. Duke last December wasn't a sellout, but attendance was excellent nonetheless.
how about Gampel since that's where the game will be played?

Reaction Score
how about Gampel since that's where the game will be played?
I think the discussion on a sell out at the XL was based on Carnac's post above where he speculated that this year's ND would even sell out at the XL.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think the discussion on a sell out at the XL was based on Carnac's post above where he speculated that this year's ND would even sell out at the XL.
yup you're right... and I still would like to know of the last sell-out in Storrs.

thanks for clarifying for all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32