Voepel on Nation's Best Duo | The Boneyard

Voepel on Nation's Best Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno (commenting on ND last night): "...there may not be two better players in the country on the same team than Kayla McBride and Jewell Loyd."

Voepel (commenting on Geno's comment): "Of course, as good as UConn sophomore Breanna Stewart is -- she had 20 points, nine rebounds and six assists Monday, and was named tournament MVP -- one could say there might not be two better players on the same team than Stewart and any other Huskies starter."

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...cut-huskies-take-perfect-mark-ncaa-tournament

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One from column A and one from column B.

Column A
Breanna Stewart

Column B
Stef Dolson, Bria Harley, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Moriah Jefferson

Equals
"The Best Duo in WCBB"

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season, I thought it would be Breanna and Kaleena, but injuries and illness took their toll on Kaleena.

If you limit the focus to classmates. I think Stef and Bria are the best duo.

Reaction Score
One from column A and one from column B.

Column A
Breanna Stewart

Column B
Stef Dolson, Bria Harley, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Moriah Jefferson

Equals
Best Duo in WCBB
Shouldn't the "Equals" in the second to last line be "Greater Than"?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season, I thought it would be Breanna and Kaleena, but injuries and illness took their toll on Kaleena.
That's gonna be one heck of a 1-2 punch next year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Shouldn't the "Equals" in the second to last line be "Greater Than"?
Depends How you read equals. I meant it as in "as is" the Best Duo in WCBB. Better than anyone else.

Reaction Score
Didn't say that. I saw your potential different reading so I added The and "".
Didn't intend something about you, rather me. For whatever reason, I lost track of your post after the word "equals" and somehow, inexplicably, inserted McBride and Loyd instead of what you said. So it was my own lack of comprehension I was lamenting. I'm going to quit now before I confess to something really damaging like drinking red wine with fish.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Didn't intend something about you, rather me. For whatever reason, I lost track of your post after the word "equals" and somehow, inexplicably, inserted McBride and Loyd instead of what you said. So it was my own lack of comprehension I was lamenting. I'm going to quit now before I confess to something really damaging like drinking red wine with fish.
It is all cool, except for the red wine with fish thing!

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
So let's up the difficulty factor. If you have to pick two for a two-on-two competition, who 'ya got?

Reaction Score
So let's up the difficulty factor. If you have to pick two for a two-on-two competition, who 'ya got?
For a game of 2-on-2, I'd pair Stewie up with her fellow soph, La BonnBonn. That's the long and short of it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

If you limit the focus to classmates. I think Stef and Bria are the best duo.
That is pretty good, but ... what about Breanna and Moriah? Could not go wrong with either pair, but the advantage of B&M is that with good fortune we get to watch them for another 85 games or so.
Stats wise YTD:
Points - B&S 979, B&M 1008
Rebounds - B&S 440, B&M 386
Assists - B&S 263, B&M 277
Blocks - B&S 78, B&M 102
Steals - B&S 96, B&M 143
TOs - B&S 157, B&M 119
PF - B&S 124, B&M 108
FG% B&S .514, B&M .523
3FG% - B&S .362, B&M .382
FT% - B&S .751, B&M .767

Amazingly similar production from both pairs of classmates and a big reason why Uconn is so good. And the other starter happens to be KML!!!

Reaction Score
I think that question will be answered in the Championship game

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Interesting thought experiment. As much as I like Moriah, and think she will end her career as a better player than Bria, at this time, in 2 on 2, I'd want Bria. She played exceptionally well in the 3 on 3.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Not a lot of love for Bria Hartley in this thread ...? If I had to pick the 2nd biggest contributor to UConn's success so far this year, Bria would be my pick. Her consistency this year has been amazing. Her floor game is always there, whether her shot is falling or not, and most of the time this year, it is. Visually, she seems to be just as fast as Moriah, and she gets more fast-break layups (or so it seems to me). I think Moriah will do the same thing next year, but this year Bria is bringing it.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I commented on this "dynamic duo" theme in the "Poor Shoni" thread, where I suggested that, like Jordan had Pippen and McBride has Loyd to complement one another, UConn has Stewie plus [insert name of teammate].

Now my mind wanders. Abbott + Costello, Mutt + Jeff, Batman + Robin, Bob + Bing, Fred + Ginger, and Oh Yeah, Geno + Chris!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Minnie and Micky, Tom and Jerry, Chip and Dale, Sylvester and Tweety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads